100 MMMillion Americans on Welfare, so Obama by a Landslide

Interesting...the link is a blog...and the blog has no link to actual stats or an actual report.

Yo vern, what is your native language so that I can translate the document for you:

They clearly identified their source as :

US Census Bureau Survey of Income and Program Participation ...

True, but who complied the numbers for the graph? What did they add to get 100 million? It seems clear that they had some serious math errors in their assessment.

What are they?

Yo vern, what is your native language so that I can translate the document for you:

They clearly identified their source as :

US Census Bureau Survey of Income and Program Participation ...

True, but who complied the numbers for the graph? What did they add to get 100 million? It seems clear that they had some serious math errors in their assessment.

What are they?

1st, they admit to counting everyone in a household, so if my disabled brother lives with me and my family and he collects, all of us are counted. I suspect they are counting participation in each program, so someone collects from 5 programs and they are counting them as 5 diffrent people. I also suspect some of the programs they are counting most people wouldn't consider "welfare", things like programs to assist veterans and the like.

This really doesn't need to be a big mystery. The reason Obama is leading in the polls is somewhere in here:

1. They don't blame him for the global economic environment or the length of time it's taking us to recover, or...

2. They don't like Romney for any number of reasons, or...

3. They're not convinced that Romney has the answers, or...

4. Some combination therein.

A conservative doesn't need to agree with any of the above, but there's your answer. It just ain't that complicated.

Shirley, you jest.

There is a reason to vote for Obama...other that the [TEMPORARY ] financial benefits......what is it Vernon?.

not only are they counting everyone in the family if only one person is getting assistance, they are also counting the same people more than once for each "overlapping" program!!! So if a family is getting food stamps and a child of that family gets school lunches from the government, that family is counted twice!!!

True. It’s not ‘math errors,’ it’s something much more common and expected: conservatives lying.

It’s surprising they didn’t count government employees as being ‘on welfare.’

not only are they counting everyone in the family if only one person is getting assistance, they are also counting the same people more than once for each "overlapping" program!!! So if a family is getting food stamps and a child of that family gets school lunches from the government, that family is counted twice!!!

True. It’s not ‘math errors,’ it’s something much more common and expected: conservatives lying.

Got it..............just like my Grandfather used to say......"figures don't lie, but watch how liars figure".

This really doesn't need to be a big mystery. The reason Obama is leading in the polls is somewhere in here:

1. They don't blame him for the global economic environment or the length of time it's taking us to recover, or...

2. They don't like Romney for any number of reasons, or...

3. They're not convinced that Romney has the answers, or...

4. Some combination therein.

A conservative doesn't need to agree with any of the above, but there's your answer. It just ain't that complicated.

Shirley, you jest.

There is a reason to vote for Obama...other that the [TEMPORARY ] financial benefits......what is it Vernon?.

So what you are dillusioned with is that only liberals and democrats get welfare?

Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare

-9.img_assist_custom-640x465.png

Darn those repubs on welfare they will be voting for Obama, how about agribusiness and thier welfare checks? Big business and thier big wefare tax writ offs? How about all those police, fire and other welfar recievers, like Social security? I know you will say this is not welfare, but it is budgeted under welfare when funding os approved.

I concur dude,

That is the reason I'm not a republican.

We are being ruled by ONE political party the demopublicans.

While the "conservatives" bitch about welfare they have no problem transferring the wealth to war profiteers and to the the Prison Industrial complex.

2,400,000 Americans imprisoned for smoking a joint.

Interesting............we have over 100 million people on welfare (according to the OP), yet there are only 300 million people TOTAL POPULATION in the U.S.

That would mean that 1 out of every 3 people are currently on welfare (according to the OP).

Where did you get that info dude, did you pull it outta your ass?

Some sort of Welfare other than SS and medicare. Like food stamps, disability, unemployment, etc. That is entirely different that the concept of "welfare".

One would assume that with the millions out of work, those unemployed would be voting for whoever is running against the incumbent, and therefore in this case Romney has a large block of voters in his pocket.

However, if you are unemployed and becoming accustomed to drawing unemployment, and welfare who is the candidate most likely to help you remain on the dole ?

Obviously Obama.
What it comes down to, is while it would be nice to think all of these people WANT off the government nipple, that is obviously not the case.
In affect, millions of these people in truth are voters who are actually in the pocket of Obama.

Already inventing your excuses after you lose?

I thought that the parasites outnumber the producers, am I wrong?

Interesting............we have over 100 million people on welfare (according to the OP), yet there are only 300 million people TOTAL POPULATION in the U.S.

That would mean that 1 out of every 3 people are currently on welfare (according to the OP).

I heard your question addressed on a local radio program yesterday... Children are included in the figure, which makes it entirely plausible. So it obviously is not 100 million voters.

You are right.

Its closer to 110 mmmillion.

What are they?

1st, they admit to counting everyone in a household, so if my disabled brother lives with me and my family and he collects, all of us are counted. I suspect they are counting participation in each program, so someone collects from 5 programs and they are counting them as 5 diffrent people. I also suspect some of the programs they are counting most people wouldn't consider "welfare", things like programs to assist veterans and the like.

Back the truck up........

We have 45 million on food stamps alone. The figure quoted may underestimate the reality.

Add disability, section 9 medicaid etc. You get there quite easily.

You arent one of those Obama apologists are you?

What are they?

I see .

So what is the factual basis for the 15.7 TTTTTTTTTtrillion, national debt?

I heard your question addressed on a local radio program yesterday... Children are included in the figure, which makes it entirely plausible. So it obviously is not 100 million voters.
Local radio may admit that, but national GOP hate radio would have you believe the 100 million are all adults.

August 09, 2012
RUSH: One hundred million Americans now receive a welfare check. One hundred million Americans! In terms of the total population, one-third of this country gets a welfare check. If you reduce that to the adult population, you're getting close to 50% of the adult population that receives a welfare check.

[/B]

What are they?

Back the truck up........

We have 45 million on food stamps alone. The figure quoted may underestimate the reality.

Add disability, section 9 medicaid etc. You get there quite easily.

You arent one of those Obama apologists are you?

The problem I have with the chart is, he doesn't say how he got his numbers. What exactly those " 80+ programs are". The fact that social security and Medicare ARE NOT included in that figure and he still came up with 100 million? It doesn't past the sniff test for me.

Again, I can make a chart, and say 100 million Americans eat tofo every day and post it on a blog, that doesn't mean I did anything more than pull that figure out of my ass.

One would assume that with the millions out of work, those unemployed would be voting for whoever is running against the incumbent, and therefore in this case Romney has a large block of voters in his pocket.

However, if you are unemployed and becoming accustomed to drawing unemployment, and welfare who is the candidate most likely to help you remain on the dole ?

Obviously Obama.
What it comes down to, is while it would be nice to think all of these people WANT off the government nipple, that is obviously not the case.
In affect, millions of these people in truth are voters who are actually in the pocket of Obama.

Already inventing your excuses after you lose?

I thought that the parasites outnumber the producers, am I wrong?

Yeah, actually, you are...

Especially in the notion that you divide the world between "produers" and "Parasites'.

While it is true that a large number of people get some kind of "assistance", many of them have at least one person in the family that works. For instance, 40% of families that get food stamps have a person in teh family who works, just not enough to put food on the table. But they're trying.

ANd this is the real problem the Republicans have sort of created for themselves. When you let Mitt Romney get rid of the good paying union job at GS Steel or AmPad and replace them with a crappy no- Benefits, Minimum wage jobs at Domino's or Staples, most of those people are not going to go off and die quietly like Joe Soptic's wife.

They are going to apply for medicaid, food stamps and section 8 housing.

And when the government is doing more for you than your employer, you are going to totally vote for more of that shit.

Republicans have done this to themselves...

Are you saying that the data provided by the US Census Bureau Survey of Income and Program Participation " was altered?

How so?

Are you saying that every job created by the politicians are actually necessary as opposed to rewarding supporters?!?!!?

Are you saying that the data provided by the US Census Bureau Survey of Income and Program Participation " was altered?

How so?

Are you saying that every job created by the politicians are actually necessary as opposed to rewarding supporters?!?!!?

How do we know any data is altered when there is NO LINK to the data source?

Forum List

Back