100 MMMillion Americans on Welfare, so Obama by a Landslide

not only are they counting everyone in the family if only one person is getting assistance, they are also counting the same people more than once for each "overlapping" program!!! So if a family is getting food stamps and a child of that family gets school lunches from the government, that family is counted twice!!!

True. It’s not ‘math errors,’ it’s something much more common and expected: conservatives lying.

Are you saying that the data provided by the US Census Bureau Survey of Income and Program Participation " was altered?

How so?

It’s surprising they didn’t count government employees as being ‘on welfare.’

Are you saying that every job created by the politicians are actually necessary as opposed to rewarding supporters?!?!!?

How do I know he actually USED those numbers? He lists a credible source but doesnt link the data or even list the programs hes adding to get that figure, thus ensuring that no one can fact check his figures.

One would assume that with the millions out of work, those unemployed would be voting for whoever is running against the incumbent, and therefore in this case Romney has a large block of voters in his pocket.

However, if you are unemployed and becoming accustomed to drawing unemployment, and welfare who is the candidate most likely to help you remain on the dole ?

Obviously Obama.
What it comes down to, is while it would be nice to think all of these people WANT off the government nipple, that is obviously not the case.
In affect, millions of these people in truth are voters who are actually in the pocket of Obama.

People will typically vote for whoever is buttering their bread. Receiving welfare is no longer a source of shame. The left has worked tirelessly to remove any stigma from being on the government tit. They want more individuals to receive means-tested benefits. It's in their interest.

When you hear numbers like 100 million on welfare, it should be an issue that unites Americans, not divides. The talking point should be "how do we grow the middle class and get these struggling Americans into a more financially secure position". Instead all I ever read is name calling and blaming.

That is the question. And for one Side, the answer is, more welfare.

When I hear a number like "100 million on welfare" I start wondering where they pulled that figure out from (probably their ass), because there are only 300 million people TOTAL POPULATION IN THIS COUNTRY.

That would mean that 1 out of every 3 Americans is currently on welfare, which sounds like bullshit to me.

Maybe they are counting the children of the recipients as well?

Still wouldn't come up to 1/3 of the population of the U.S.

:eusa_angel:Just don't forget the illegals that are tapping in.

:eusa_drool:
1st, they admit to counting everyone in a household, so if my disabled brother lives with me and my family and he collects, all of us are counted. I suspect they are counting participation in each program, so someone collects from 5 programs and they are counting them as 5 diffrent people. I also suspect some of the programs they are counting most people wouldn't consider "welfare", things like programs to assist veterans and the like.

Back the truck up........

We have 45 million on food stamps alone. The figure quoted may underestimate the reality.

Add disability, section 9 medicaid etc. You get there quite easily.

You arent one of those Obama apologists are you?

The problem I have with the chart is, he doesn't say how he got his numbers. What exactly those " 80+ programs are". The fact that social security and Medicare ARE NOT included in that figure and he still came up with 100 million? It doesn't past the sniff test for me.

Again, I can make a chart, and say 100 million Americans eat tofo every day and post it on a blog, that doesn't mean I did anything more than pull that figure out of my ass.

:eusa_clap:Go ahead and make your chart. Do it like Ubama does when he comes up with his unemployment figure. You just might please some on the left.

This really doesn't need to be a big mystery. The reason Obama is leading in the polls is somewhere in here:

1. They don't blame him for the global economic environment or the length of time it's taking us to recover, or...

2. They don't like Romney for any number of reasons, or...

3. They're not convinced that Romney has the answers, or...

4. Some combination therein.

A conservative doesn't need to agree with any of the above, but there's your answer. It just ain't that complicated.

Shirley, you jest.

There is a reason to vote for Obama...other that the [TEMPORARY ] financial benefits......what is it Vernon?.

So what you are dillusioned with is that only liberals and democrats get welfare?

A welfare state = government BUY the people

Every third person in America on welfare?

Sounds like more bullshit from the right.

4 more years of obama and 200 million will be on welfare........

$10_1o025_gasparinoc--300x300.jpg

$39ec2db4587101a8895538bdbf4047bc.jpg

Obama guts welfare reform-now you are free to sit on your ass pumping out babies ,and get payed for it.......

Last edited:
It's a sad day when people can't THINK on their own anymore and have to resort to continual distortion, (the tool of the Devil).

If you read the fine print under the chart, it clearly states that in order to get to their 100 million LIE, they counted every single member living in the household as receiving welfare, even if just 1 person received a form of this supposed welfare.

so...if your mother is living with you and your family of 5, because she is disabled....then ALL 6 people in this household IS INCLUDED IN THE COUNT. Not the 1 person, your disabled mom receiving some disability insurance payout that she paid in to all her life, but ALL family members including adults and children.

IF THAT ISN'T the biggest lie and distortion EVER, I don't know what is?

Sadly, this is just Soundbites of the thoughtless... too bad people are not capable of critical thinking anymore......:eusa_eh: Politicians COUNT on you being a fool....

Last edited:
One would assume that with the millions out of work, those unemployed would be voting for whoever is running against the incumbent, and therefore in this case Romney has a large block of voters in his pocket.

However, if you are unemployed and becoming accustomed to drawing unemployment, and welfare who is the candidate most likely to help you remain on the dole ?

Obviously Obama.
What it comes down to, is while it would be nice to think all of these people WANT off the government nipple, that is obviously not the case.
In affect, millions of these people in truth are voters who are actually in the pocket of Obama.

Yea because living off half of one's normal wage is a like receiving a fucking bonanza.

It's a sad day when people can't THINK on their own anymore and have to resort to continual distortion, (the tool of the Devil).

If you read the fine print under the chart, it clearly states that in order to get to their 100 million LIE, they counted every single member living in the household as receiving welfare, even if just 1 person received a form of this supposed welfare.

so...if your mother is living with you and your family of 5, because she is disabled....then ALL 6 people in this household IS INCLUDED IN THE COUNT. Not the 1 person, your disabled mom receiving some disability insurance payout that she paid in to all her life, but ALL family members including adults and children.

Sadly, this is just Soundbites of the thoughtless... too bad people are not capable of critical thinking anymore......:eusa_eh: Politicians COUNT on you being a fool....

It's the same thing as when they say 47% of Americans don't pay any taxes. What is so scary is that they have been duped so bad into believing all the nonsense they throw out there. When the OP posted that more than 100 million are now receiving welfare, he/she actually believes that. This is what is so scary, that people are so dumb as to be duped into believing nonsense like that.

Obviously Obama.

Yea because living off half of one's normal wage is a like receiving a fucking bonanza.

How is voting for a welfare/warfare state politician going to help your "normal wages"?!?!?!?

OK Then , we are 16 BBBBBBBBBillion dollars in the hole and we got there how?

OK Then , we are 16 BBBBBBBBBillion dollars in the hole and we got there how?

Reagan, Bush I and Bush II

I guess nobody is going acknowledge that graph is a farce?

It is fake, it's one of those images that make their rounds in conservatives AOL email accounts.

It includes EVERY "welfare" program including SS (you know, the one people work for), and falsely claims that even if one person in a 4 person household has received money from the govt' than all people in the home are counted.

In addition there are only 300 million people in the US, you mean to tell me 1/3 of the population is enlisted in a welfare like program? Ha!

This is the kind of false information that makes republicans look sooo bad to the rest of the world and over half of the USA.

It's actually worse than that. The GOP also counted 80 OVERLAPPING programs, so if your disabled mother also got food stamps the household of 6 was counted twice. If she also got Medicaid the household of 6 were counted 3 times. Potentially, the same household of 6 could be counted 80 times!!!! :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back