10 Medical Workers Killed by Taliban

I don't understand the racist element in this discussion. We don't have to use race to distract us from the fact that Islam is in serious need of a reformation.

There are quite a few schools/laws aka demoninations in it and even with in the Sunni and Shi'a there are school within them. Much like Christanity has different denominations within itself.

Sunni's have Hanafi(the most liberal, which I belong to), Shafi'i( most traditional scholars and Sunni authorities belong to it), Maliki and Hanbali(mainly followed on the Arabian Peninsula).

The Shi'a have 4 schools as well, but I am not that familiar with them.

But for an outsider to say that Islam needs to be refomred is quite ignorant. I would never say that Christanity needs to be reformed. I would let thoses that practice that religion decide what is best for them.

They were working in one of the most dangerous, conflict-ridden areas of the world. No sane person is celebrating or even condoning their deaths, but this misfortune should have come as no great surprise.

:eusa_eh:
So, I suppose the deaths of Muslims in Iraq, West Bank, Lebanon, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya, are all simply "misfortunes" that "have come as no great surprise."

OK, Gotcha.

Samson said:
Muslims everywhere should be condemning this instead of trying to put a political spin on a crime. Anything else only fuels a growing distrust of Muslims.

Why should Islam and all of its adherents be held accountable for the actions of a group that they don't necessarily support? I wouldn't ask a Christian to condemn the US military's daily contribution to the enormous number of civilian casualties in Afghanistan.

You wouldn't need to ASK a Christian:

Churches united in their condemnation of war

The point is not that Islam should be held accountable for every murder.

The point is that Islam is accountable for remaining silent.

They were working in one of the most dangerous, conflict-ridden areas of the world. No sane person is celebrating or even condoning their deaths, but this misfortune should have come as no great surprise.

So, I suppose the deaths of Muslims in Iraq, West Bank, Lebanon, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya, are all simply "misfortunes" that "have come as no great surprise."

OK, Gotcha.

Samson said:
Muslims everywhere should be condemning this instead of trying to put a political spin on a crime. Anything else only fuels a growing distrust of Muslims.

Why should Islam and all of its adherents be held accountable for the actions of a group that they don't necessarily support? I wouldn't ask a Christian to condemn the US military's daily contribution to the enormous number of civilian casualties in Afghanistan.

But Islam is not silent. Whatever they do say simply isn't good enough for some folks.

OK, Gotcha.

But Islam is not silent. Whatever they do say simply isn't good enough for some folks.

I'm glad you volunteered: Please post a linky to a report of a single Islamist group that has condemned the murder of the 10 Christians in Afghanistan.

OK, Gotcha.
If you don't see the difference between people being killed in their homes and people being killed after intentionally travelling to a conflict zone, there isn't much I can do for you.

Samson said:

When we do speak out (and we have repeatedly), it's usually ignored or dismissed as insincere. I have lost all enthusiasm for that type of thing.

Last edited:

OK, Gotcha.

I'm glad you volunteered: Please post a linky to a report of a single Islamist group that has condemned the murder of the 10 Christians in Afghanistan.

Would you like some :popcorn: while we wait?

When we do speak out (and we have repeatedly), it's usually ignored or dismissed as insincere. I have lost all enthusiasm for that type of thing.

Then don't be surprised when the global distrust, and irrational hatred of Islam grows.

Then don't be surprised when the global distrust, and irrational hatred of Islam grows.

I never am.

I never am.

It's called Self-Fulfilling Prophesy, or the Pygmalion Effect

Pygmalion.jpg

OK, Gotcha.

Any request for a LINK should not include a Y at the end.
WTF IS that?
And in all honesty I haven't volunteered to do your research for you, nor have I suggested such a story has made the press. Past condemnations have been ignored or deemed "weak." At some point, I wouldn't bother anymore either.

It sucks what happened to those volunteers. People of honest goodwill should be off limits to anyone. People of honest goodwill are also most often the targets of extremists BECAUSE of the many psychological impacts their deaths will cause. One of the most important is to force moderates in a conflict choose the side of extremists, as their very identification with the larger group puts them at risk from everyone else...because everyone else takes the fucking bait.

Meh...in my book haters gonna hate. That's what they do best.
I could really careless what people think about me. I am a Muslim, but Islam does not rule my life.
What really pisses me off though is that you folks think every country in the middle east is like Iran or Saudia Arabia and that simply is not the case.

Would you like some :popcorn: while we wait?

Yeah,

:popcorn:
thanks.......

Did you put any butter on this?

with just a touch of garlic. did you bring the beer? but we can proceed with a block party, she's not bringing any link,, she just made up some shit.

Last edited:

I could really careless what people think about me. I am a Muslim, but Islam does not rule my life.
What really pisses me off though is that you folks think every country in the middle east is like Iran or Saudia Arabia and that simply is not the case.

By "You Folks" I'm not included.

But I'd hope that there would be ONE country in the middle east that would want to appear DIFFERENT than SA or Iran. So far, all I can see is they either don't care, or are to fucking lazy, or whatever....so I guess you should get used to being pissed off.

Last edited:

But I'd hope that there would be ONE country in the middle east that would want to appear DIFFERENT than SA or Iran. So far, all I can see is they either don't care, or are to fucking lazy, or whatever....so I guess you should get used to being pissed off.

Guess you never been to Lebanon...

Guess you never been to Lebanon...

If you're waiting for the entire planet to visit Lebanon to discover that Lebanese don't share views with SA or Iran, then I suppose you'll be waiting quite a long time.

Does Lebanon have a government? Do they ever issue statements of condemnation for senseless murders of foreign aid workers?