Many Americans Predict A Guilty Verdict For Trump

So you're saying only New Yorkers are capable of following the rule of law?
Yes, they are liberal enough to break the law to convict their political opponent. That will kick their ass in a fair election. But he will get elected, because of the witch hunt. You loons are too stupid to see it! THANK GOODNESS!

Those same crimes are state crimes

Don’t believe me? Read the various indictments
The various indictments?

I have read the DA's indictment of Trump, and there are no federal crimes charged.

I have read the DOJ's indictment of Cohen, and there are no state crimes charged.

Maybe you are the one who should be reading the indictments, lol. :laugh:

The various indictments?

I have read the DA's indictment of Trump, and there are no federal crimes charged.

I have read the DOJ's indictment of Cohen, and there are no state crimes charged.

Maybe you are the one who should be reading the indictments, lol. :laugh:
Did you not read my post correctly.?

Post the charges against Cohen and those against Trump

Let’s look for similarities. Sound like fun?

Cohen:

Violations of:
26 USC 7201 (5 counts)
18 USC 20 (1 count)
52 USC 30101 (2 counts)

Trump:

Violations of:
NY PL 175.10 (34 counts)

Happy?
Those are just numbers. Post the actual charges

Let’s look for similarities

Those are just numbers. Post the actual charges

Let’s look for similarities
The numbers are the actual charges. They are the criminal statutes that were alleged to have been violated. You cannot charge someone with a crime if there is no criminal statute to violate...

Cohen was never actually indicted, so the specific subchapter is not listed in the DOJ's statement of information.

26 USC 7201 is the Federal tax evasion charge
18 USC 20 is the Federal bank fraud charge (s/b somewhere in18 USC 1014)
52 USC 30101 is the Federal campaign finance charge

PL 175.10 is the NY State falsifying a business record charge

Last edited:
The numbers are the actual charges. They are the criminal statutes that were alleged to have been violated. You cannot charge someone with a crime if there is no criminal statute to violate...

Cohen was never actually indicted, so the specific subchapter is not listed in the DOJ's statement of information.

26 USC 7201 is the Federal tax evasion charge
18 USC 20 is the Federal bank fraud charge (s/b somewhere in18 USC 1014)
52 USC 30101 is the Federal campaign finance charge

PL 175.10 is the NY State falsifying a business record charge
Read the fucking charges asshole… for both cases

Can one action violate a state statute and a federal statute?

Read the fucking charges asshole… for both cases
I have.

Just because you find similar wording in a charging complaint does not mean the crime is the same crime. Crimes have a number of elements that have to be proven, and they are not necessarily the same. It depends on the purpose for the act, whether or not there was intent or knowledge, etc.

The FECA violations that Cohen pled to were coerced by the DOJ so they could try to go after Trump. They didn't care about the other charges, those were strictly leverage.

They ultimately realized they could never get a conviction, and to avoid the embarrassment of another John Edwards debacle they shuffled it down to New York, and sent a DOJ hitman along to prosecute Trump at the State level.
Can one action violate a state statute and a federal statute?
Of course, but he can only be tried once for the crime. You can't charge a person in Federal Court if he has already been convicted in a State court for the crime. That is double jeopardy.

Last edited:
I have.

Just because you find similar wording in a charging complaint does not mean the crime is the same crime. Crimes have a number of elements that have to be proven, and they are not necessarily the same. It depends on the purpose for the act, whether or not there was intent or knowledge, etc.

The FECA violations that Cohen pled to were coerced by the DOJ so they could try to go after Trump. They didn't care about the other charges, those were strictly leverage.

Of course, but he can only be tried once for the crime. You can't charge a person in Federal Court if he has already been convicted in a State court for the crime. That is double jeopardy.
Gee “counselor”, why do you suppose Trump’s lawyers haven’t persued that angle?

Gee “counselor”, why do you suppose Trump’s lawyers haven’t persued that angle?
What "angle" are you referring to?

There is not as much overlap as you apparently think. Most Federal crimes are strictly Federal jurisdiction. RICO is an exception, I am sure there are others but election law isn't one of them- New York cannot charge Trump with a violation of FECA, and they aren't trying to.

What "angle" are you referring to?

There is not as much overlap as you apparently think. Most Federal crimes are strictly Federal jurisdiction. RICO is an exception, I am sure there are others but election law isn't one of them.
Your claim here “counselor” is that there is no overlap between Cohen’s crimes on a federal level and Trump’s crimes on a state level… but strangely they stem from the same events and are actual crimes

Odd huh “counselor “

Your claim here “counselor” is that there is no overlap between Cohen’s crimes on a federal level and Trump’s crimes on a state level… but strangely they stem from the same events and are actual crimes

Odd huh “counselor “
There is no overlap on the charges. Trump is charged with a New York law of falsifying business records. That is not a violation of election law.

Where do you think all that "capture and kill" language came from? Bragg? Are you that dense? They copied that from Cohen's plea deal, and imported it into the New York case, along with the prosecutor.

Those aren't Cohen's words.

The DOJ doesn't care about Cohen or Bragg or AMI- they want Trump. They coerced Cohen's plea agreement and Pecker's non-prosecution agreement so they could use them against Trump. But they knew the case against Trump was a dog under FECA, and they don't want to lose another one of those. Better to charge Trump under the NY statute and use the deals with AMI and Cohen as evidence of the underlying "conspiracy".

It's all totally contrived. Bragg had no interest in bringing the case, it was jammed down his throat. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a pansy...

There is no overlap on the charges. Trump is charged with a New York law of falsifying business records. That is not a violation of election law.

Where do you think all that "capture and kill" language came from? Bragg? Are you that dense? They copied that from Cohen's plea deal, and imported it into the New York case, along with the prosecutor.

The DOJ doesn't care about Cohen or Bragg or AMI- they want Trump. They coerced Cohen's plea agreement and Pecker's non-prosecution agreement so they could use them against Trump. But they knew the case against Trump was a dog under FECA, and they don't want to lose another one of those. Better to charge Trump under the NY statute and use the deals with AMI and Cohen as evidence of the underlying "conspiracy".

It's all totally contrived. Bragg had no interest in bringing the case, it was jammed down his throat. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a pansy...
He is charged with falsifying records to hide a violation of election law

Forum List

Back