‘Zombie ice’ from Greenland will raise sea level 10 inches

It's only a horrible analog if you don't get it. What I was trying to communicate was that other factors exist. Like a closet door.
No. It’s a horrible analogy period. But thanks for admitting that you believe increased CO2 doesn’t always lead to increased temperatures. I feel like you learned something today.

No. It’s a horrible analogy period. But thanks for admitting that you believe increased CO2 doesn’t always lead to increased temperatures. I feel like you learned something today.
I learned how little pride you have.

What do you think a 10" rise in sea level will do to, say Miami or New York City?
You doomsaying moonbats have been wringing your hands about that since I was in grade school.

So far, none of the rich-assed fascis oligarchs pushing this hoax are liquidating their seside properties for pennies on the dollar.....You haven't the least bit of intellectual curiosity as to why that is, do you?

6a2653194b0eabf10285abb75b449d9c.jpg

~S~

Absurd .
Tow it south so it re-freezes and leave it in the Waddell Sea .

Out of harm's way and sea down even more than 27 cms . You panicky Greens are so stupid .

Absurd .
Tow it south so it re-freezes and leave it in the Waddell Sea .

Out of harm's way and sea down even more than 27 cms . You panicky Greens are so stupid .
Where do you see seas down 27 cm?

I don't think most realize, especially after this 10" post/diversion...
(really a Great Disservice for the Misimpression it creates)

That if Greenland's Ice Alone were to melt, Sea Level would rise app 23 Feet.
`
`
And if some space object half the size of Pluto were to smash into the Earth, all live on Earth would end.

Did you all realize THAT?

Sound the alarums, sirrah!

I don't think most realize, especially after this 10" post/diversion...
(really a Great Disservice for the Misimpression it creates)

That if Greenland's Ice Alone were to melt, Sea Level would rise app 23 Feet.
`
`
Which is about how much it rose in the previous interglacial period when it was 2C warmer than today with 120 ppm less atmospheric CO2 than today.

What do you think a 10" rise in sea level will do to, say Miami or New York City?

***snip***

How much above sea level is Miami?​

Miami, Florida is only 6.562 feet above sea level, the equivalent of around two meters. Most of Florida has a low elevation due to how the peninsula part of the state formed.

How far under sea level is Miami?​

No part of Miami is below sea level, but as it is a coastal city the lowest elevation is 0 metres above sea level. The average elevation in the city is just 2 metres above sea level with a highest point of 13 metres.

How far is Florida below sea level?​

Florida’s high point is 345 feet above sea level, the lowest of all fifty states. Thus it will never go completely underwater, even if all the ice sheets and glaciers on the planet melt, since a total meltdown of all the ice sheets glaciers would raise sea level 212 feet (65 meters).

***snip***

Elevation of New York City​

Elevation of New York City

© Jin/stock.adobe.com

Whenever we talk about the important geographical statistics of a town or city, elevation is always an important reading to consider. The elevation of a location tells us how high or low it is in relation to sea level. Despite having some of the tallest buildings in the world and being well-known for its towers and skyscrapers, New York City has a very low elevation of just 33 feet (10 m) above sea level. New York's elevation is so low due to its location right on the coast of the United States.

Many high man-made structures can be found all around New York City, but the highest natural point in the state is Todt Hill. Located on Staten Island, Todt Hill has an elevation of 401 feet (122 m) and is actually the highest elevation point in the Atlantic coastal plain, which extends all the way down to Florida. The highest point in all of New York State is Mount Marcy, a mountain located in Essex County and standing at an elevation of 5,343 feet (1,628.67 m), while the state's lowest point is technically the Atlantic Ocean, which is at sea level.

New York is not one of the highest or lowest states in terms of average elevation. The mean elevation reading for New York State is 1,000 feet (300 m), so the elevation of New York City is much lower than the state average and the Big Apple is one of the lowest points in the whole state. Other major cities in New York State apart from NYC include the state capital of Albany, which has an average elevation of 64 feet (20 m), Buffalo, which has an elevation of 600 feet (183 m), and Rochester, which has an elevation of 505 feet (154 m), so New York City's elevation is generally much lower than these other locations.

Forum List

Back