Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Dies at 89

Zbigniew Brzezinski, the hawkish strategic theorist who was national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter in the tumultuous years of the Iran hostage crisis and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the late 1970s, died on Friday at a hospital in Virginia. He was 89.

His death, at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, was announced on Friday by his daughter, Mika Brzezinski, a co-host of the MSNBC program “Morning Joe.”

Like his predecessor Henry A. Kissinger, Mr. Brzezinski was a foreign-born scholar (he in Poland, Mr. Kissinger in Germany) with considerable influence in global affairs, both before and long after his official tour of duty in the White House. In essays, interviews and television appearances over the decades, he cast a sharp eye on six successive administrations, including that of Donald J. Trump, whose election he did not support and whose foreign policy, he found, lacked coherence.

Mr. Brzezinski was nominally a Democrat, with views that led him to speak out, for example, against the “greed,” as he put it, of an American system that compounded inequality. He was one of the few foreign policy experts to warn against the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/...dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html

Yep. Unfortunately the Arc of Crisis continues.

Let me know when there is something worthy to report..

-Geaux

Why would the United States run the risk of siding with anti-Semitic, neo-Nazis in Ukraine?

One of the keys may be found by looking back at Zbigniew Brzezinski’s 1997 book, The Grand Chessboard in which he wrote, “Ukraine, a new and important space on the Eurasian chessboard, is a geopolitical pivot because its very existence as an independent country helps to transform Russia. Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire.”

“However, if Moscow regains control over Ukraine, with its 52 million people and major resources as well as access to the Black Sea, Russia automatically again regains the wherewithal to become a powerful imperial state, spanning Europe and Asia.”

The former national security advisor to Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981 and top foreign policy advisor to Barack Obama, Brzezinski wrote that US policy should be “unapologetic” in perpetuating “America’s own dominant position for at least a generation and preferably longer still.”

Brzezinski delved into the importance of little known Ukraine by explaining in his 1997 book, “Geopolitical pivots are the states whose importance is derived not from their power and motivation but rather from their sensitive location… which in some cases gives them a special role in either defining access to important areas or in denying resources to a significant player.”

“Ukraine, Azerbaijan, South Korea, Turkey and Iran play the role of critically important geopolitical pivots,” he wrote in The Grand Chessboard, a book viewed by many as a blueprint for US world domination.

Brzezinski wrote that Eurasia is “the chessboard on which the struggle for global primacy continues to be played,” and that “it is imperative that no Eurasian challenger emerges, capable of dominating Eurasia and thus also of challenging America.”

Understanding Brzezinski’s long-term view of Ukraine makes it easier to comprehend why the US has given $5 billion to Ukraine since 1991, and why today it is hyper-concerned about having Ukraine remain in its sphere of influence.

It may also help explain why in the past year the US and many of its media outlets have feverishly demonized Vladimir Putin.
Brzezinski Mapped Out the Battle for Ukraine in 1997 – Antiwar.com Original

So where is the Big Scandal here? Is anything in his words here false? Or is it just the weird naive idea the U.S. is Evul and Everybody Else are little hapless hobbits and hippies and never do any wrongs and we're supposed to be 'shocked' at geopolitical commentary?

Why would anyone be shocked? Are you proposing the US derives some type of emotional relationship with Ukraine?

Brzezinski didn't just disappear. Have you read the Grand Chessboard?

The United States is an empire. It is infinitely better to be in the empire than not. You would have a lot less of "U.S. is Evul and Everybody Else are little hapless hobbits and hippies and never do any wrongs" if there were open discussions about proxy wars instead of shoving propaganda down people's throats. Or-dealing with 3 IDs whose sole purpose is to disrupt any conversation related to it.

Well, Ukraine never plotted terrorism against the U.S in the Lavon Affair like Israel, or bombed a U.S ship like Israel did the U.S.S Liberty, or Ukraine didn't send in a massive spy of Jonathan Pollard like Israel did.

Therefor I see no reason why Israel should get preferred treatment over Ukraine, do you?[/QUOTE

The Lavon affair had absolutely nothing to do with the USA, the bombing of the USS Liberty
was friendly fire as anyone who has served in the US Navy (like me) knows (call me ma'am)
Jonathan Pollard provided some classified information to Israel-----information to which he had
legal access----his doing so was illegal----something like stuff Hillary did. It is very clear that
you read lots of islamo Nazi shit-------do you read anything else?. Lots of Ukrainians are murdering
shit

How do you figure Americans weren't to be targeted in the Lavon Affair?

Lavon Affair - Wikipedia

a group of Egyptian Jews were recruited by Israeli military intelligence to plant bombs inside Egyptian, American, and British-owned civilian targets, cinemas, libraries and American educational centers.

from your very own citations>>>>
Though not one person was killed in the Lavon affair, two members of the ring, Dr. Moussa Marzouk and Shmuel Azzar, received a death sentence. By contrast, six members from Dr. Marzouk's extended family were killed in the 1948 massacres, and yet no one was arrested.[citation needed] In 1953, a cousin of Dr. Marzouk, Kamal Massuda, was killed, and the authorities did not make arrests.[citation needed] Other members of the sabotage rings had families who lost their livelihood after the notorious 1947 Company Law was implemented.

the operation was DESIGNED to completely avoid the loss of life----and, IN FACT, did not even
destroy property------Try to learn something about how decent civilized people PROTEST. It
was an ENTIRELY PEACEFUL protest against filth from people like you

You are INADVERTANTLY stating that when Lithuania had people dig their own mass grave ditches so the antisemites could shoot the Jews in the back for no reason and throw our bodies in the ditch that it wasn't horrible.
But I never said anything that isn't true so you admit the true nature of the church was indeed horrible. Now you say it wasn't intended but we see it resulted in attrocities, just as Radical Islam did not come out of the intent of Islam, it came out of the result of affiliation pride.
When you deny Brzez's intent did not result well you display affiliation pride, and when busted on your comment pride got worse and then Catholic adfiliation pride doubles down on your antisemiticsm and pure hatred stemming from hurt ego.

How many Lithuanians took part in such activities?

We know in some parts of Eastern Europe that local Jews were collaborating with Soviets to oppress the native populations, not so sure if it's true for Lithuania, but it's true in Eastern Poland.

You are sick, please get help.
YOUR THINKING AND DISPLACEMENT BEHAVIOR is not normal.
You might just need counseling and a trip to the Holocaust museum, or you might need something else to help you.
You don't know until you decide you want help and get the help you need.
Good luck.

Zbigniew Brzeziński = Globalism= New World Order

why should I feel sorry

no way

why should I feel sorry

no way

thanks-----I was young then------and NOT AT ALL into political issues-----ALL I knew at that time
was that there was something I --"DETECTED" about Brzezinski that I DESPISED. ---globalism---
globalists are UNIFORMLY fascist dogs

why should I feel sorry

no way

thanks-----I was young then------and NOT AT ALL into political issues-----ALL I knew at that time
was that there was something I --"DETECTED" about Brzezinski that I DESPISED. ---globalism---

yes,he was not a very nice human being.

to put it mildly.

why should I feel sorry

no way

yes,he was not a very nice human being.

to put it mildly.

yeah ....well------with apologies-------(sorry to my polish, Mexican, Italian etc etc neighbors) I think
that the CURRENT POPE is a big time GLOBALIST. He scares me. Popes got lots of power. -----
for the record------DONALD is not a globalist. (IMO) I also think that Donald was IMPRESSED with
Frances

Forum List

Back