Youtube... anyone else noticing?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Rampant click bait videos. Yes, they have always been there... but there are so many now that you have to wade through 10 fake videos to find the real ones.
Especially popular now are fake Joe Rogan videos. People getting 100k+ views for just illegally copying a portion of his show and posting it up hoping you just think it was Rogan's channel.
Perhaps it is time for Youtube to start a similar verification badge as twitter so you can choose to only see verified videos.

I watch a handful of channels, which annoyingly Youtube then plasters fake videos of those channels on hte home page. Basically, Youtube is promoting people who are pirating other people's content.
One bad thing that could be driving it for me is I will click to view videos people link on this site, which then Youtube assumes I want to see 127 just like it.

Sigh.

Rampant click bait videos. Yes, they have always been there... but there are so many now that you have to wade through 10 fake videos to find the real ones.
Especially popular now are fake Joe Rogan videos. People getting 100k+ views for just illegally copying a portion of his show and posting it up hoping you just think it was Rogan's channel.
Perhaps it is time for Youtube to start a similar verification badge as twitter so you can choose to only see verified videos.

I guess the ever present "they" are not targeting me as much as "they" are targeting others. The only thing I've noticed is constant interruptions due to commercials.

I watch Matt Dilliihunty and others on the 'Atheist Experience' and they're easy to sort out from any fakes.

For a real treat, see Dillihunty destroy Jordan Peterson in their religion debate!

Annoying as all hell.

I guess the ever present "they" are not targeting me as much as "they" are targeting others. The only thing I've noticed is constant interruptions due to commercials.
Yes, way way more than before. They are trying to get everyone to pay for Youtube Premium... which is simply ad free Youtube.

"Keep in mind that when content is tracked or monetized, it stays viewable on YouTube with the active Content ID claim on it. Usually, copyright owners choose to track or monetize videos, not block them."

Sounds like you're not savvy enough to use AdBlock and NoScript.

They can't fake Hickock45, and he's demonetized anyway. :dunno:

Youtube is SJW bastards; Have been for quite some time. Google, too.

Forum List

Back