You're Afraid of Power, Not Trump

AnCap'n_Murica

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2016
"Everyone loves the advancement of their own personal agenda, as long as the not so nice parts are pointed elsewhere. We are far too quick to trade our freedoms and liberties on the promise that our compassionate leaders will crush our evil opposition. But every power used to control our political and social enemies can also be used to control us.

Progressives cheered Obama when he used his unilateral power of executive orders to fast track a left-wing agenda, circumventing our system of checks and balances, and blamed the other side for “holding back progress” and blocking government from “doing more.”

But now that same power rests in the hands of a man who may use it to persecute them. It's scary. The liberties we trade for security and the powers we grant government are never returned. We, as a people, must be vigilant in ensuring that we are not tricked into trading away our individual liberties for the promise of a benevolent government, because one day that government may turn tyrannical and dictatorial."

You're Afraid of Power, Not Trump | Jason Stapleton

CryFaces.jpg

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show; in america you get a front row seat. Just relax and enjoy the show, humanity is going to do what humanity does.

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show; in america you get a front row seat. Just relax and enjoy the show, humanity is going to do what humanity does.

Yeah ,but the DNC is the super bowl of freakshows.......they tried patriotism this year.....which was as fake as the news that backed them.

Yeah ,but the DNC is the super bowl of freakshows.......they tried patriotism this year.....which was as fake as the news that backed them.

The entire american landscape is a freak show, you can focus on one half if you like.

I'm not sure the government should be the root of our fear. The house and senate are tightly guided by the lobbyists of industry. The USA should really be called the United Corporations of America.

I'm not sure the government should be the root of our fear. The house and senate are tightly guided by the lobbyists of industry. The USA should really be called the United Corporations of America.
I don't follow how you got from A to B. Care to put some flesh on that?

The entire american landscape is a freak show, you can focus on one half if you like.

Well Mr high and mighty how did it get that way?
Leftwingers destroying norms in this country......

I really don't see how I could make it clearer.
Industry desires -> lobbyists -> individual congressman -> legislation.
For example industry has a strong power by donating to campaigns. In some cases industry actually has authored the wording of bills.

Naw. Right-wingers have destroyed norms. Promoting creationism in science classrooms. Taking abortion away from doctors leaving coat hangers as an option.
See. Two can play the same game. But seriously, both sides have their own slant on things, and both sides have created the American freak show.

The entire illusion is utterly bipartisan shoog, I passed on the willful ignorance required to "choose" either of your sides long ago.

For example industry has a strong power by donating to campaigns. In some cases industry actually has authored the wording of bills.

You have questioned the illusion, you must therefore be shouted down.

I think they are more afraid that Trump will be a successful POUTS. I think that scares the shit out of them especially after eight years of douchebag in the WH.

Uh-huh. Who is that has the monopoly power -y'know, all the guns- to enforce those laws? Who is doing the selling of that power?

Your view is like that of the prig republican all pissed off at the penny-ante pot peddler, instead of the DEA, FDA, and the immense the federal drug war apparatus, which act as a defacto price support system for the drug trade.

So the old RWnut canard that all the Democrats care about is power is out now?

lolol
I dunno. I think Obama's use of unilateral power in terms of stuff like the DOJ and transgenders in bathrooms and the EPA in CO2 emissions was really an overreach, but for some reason the gop really did set out to undermine his presidency from day one. He may not be a very good leader, but he is a decent guy, and not even Slick faced opposition like that. The gop likes to contend Obama never compromised, but the fact is he did offer on at least taxes and spending.

The healthcare law is a clusterfk, with liberal elite telling people what to do written all over it, but the mandate was actually a creation of RW wonks.

But the OP is too much. Trump won on the economy, and even then he could not have won without Comey. And Hillary was running as if Obama created a miracle for the middle class. We lost ground, and everyone besides the democratic leadership knew that.

It's about jobs. Nothing else matters for Trump's survival.

Naw. Right-wingers have destroyed norms. Promoting creationism in science classrooms. Taking abortion away from doctors leaving coat hangers as an option.
See. Two can play the same game. But seriously, both sides have their own slant on things, and both sides have created the American freak show.

Nope, none of the things you say we're norms.........try again

New Topics

Forum List

Back