Your thoughts on Online Schooling

Parents have lots of choices. Charters, private, even quitting their jobs to home school. What more do they want?

It will foster a lot more social awkwardness.

A big part of school is learning how to interact with other people.

NOPE. FUCK that shit. All it does is get in the way.
Huh? How do you figure that?

Some people cannot live with themselves unless they attribute all of their own personal failings and insecurities to imagined societal level unfairness of some sort. Arrested emotional development encourages such self-indulgence.

My nephew is going off to college dorms but taking online classes. He’s in a coed dorm. Lucky boy.

Online school is the future of public school. We pay way too much for public schools and it’s a joke how little they learn in 4 years.

In the old days teachers made $80k with a masters. In the future teachers will make $50k. $80 was ridiculous

The richness and diversity available now online is definitely superior to the grist mills that have become the brick and mortar school system. There is no way any human instructor can match the capabilities of a well organized online course schedule. It just isn't possible.

JO
Do you know what this is all about?

Two groups are going to fight us on this.

1. Parents who use school so they can get a break from their kids.

2. Teachers who want to protect their salaries and the status quo. They fear the change will hurt them financially and it will. Fewer teachers will be needed and lower pay. Or same pay but definitely less teachers. And no janitors, vice principles, etc.

If you want to play sports join a league.

My nephew is going off to college dorms but taking online classes. He’s in a coed dorm. Lucky boy.

Online school is the future of public school. We pay way too much for public schools and it’s a joke how little they learn in 4 years.

In the old days teachers made $80k with a masters. In the future teachers will make $50k. $80 was ridiculous

The richness and diversity available now online is definitely superior to the grist mills that have become the brick and mortar school system. There is no way any human instructor can match the capabilities of a well organized online course schedule. It just isn't possible.

JO
Do you know what this is all about?

Two groups are going to fight us on this.

1. Parents who use school so they can get a break from their kids.

2. Teachers who want to protect their salaries and the status quo. They fear the change will hurt them financially and it will. Fewer teachers will be needed and lower pay. Or same pay but definitely less teachers. And no janitors, vice principles, etc.

If you want to play sports join a league.

I agree.... It's really all about special interests.

Jo

JO
When was the last time you darkened a school house door?

A human instructor ade up that online course, dumbass!

JO

Oh I have spent many hours in the brick and mortar institutions.....not just for myself but for children and grandchildren.

A good teacher is worth his/her weight in gold....but they are slaves to the system and the system is now slave to globalism.....Globalism despises smart people.

JO

...definitely less teachers. And no janitors, vice principles, etc.

You're still wrong about this, no matter how many times you repeat it and how many times you are corrected.
It hasn’t happened yet you stupid fuck.

Why am I wrong because you say so? Fucking idiot.

My sister in law is an old teacher. She makes $85k and did so as soon as she got her masters. She said today teachers won’t make $85k after they get a masters. And it would take years of great performance and a masters to get that kind of pay.

I wonder if you make $85k.

And I wonder how you feel about the new pay structure Where teachers make much less. If you got yours already you probably don’t care. Well, I hope they reneg on your pension because they can’t afford it and give you 50% of it.

And I can’t wait to see what happens when you go put yourself in a room with 30 kids. You deserve combat pay. Lol

JO

Oh I have spent many hours in the brick and mortar institutions.....not just for myself but for children and grandchildren.

A good teacher is worth his/her weight in gold....but they are slaves to the system and the system is now slave to globalism.....Globalism despises smart people.

JO
So you have been there for every minute of the instruction of every day?

Without being a teacher, you have no clue as to what happens in a classroom as evidence by your continued stupid assumptions and mischaracterizations.

You are so full full of shit!

JO

JO

Without being a teacher, you have no clue as to what happens in a classroom as evidence by your continued stupid assumptions and mischaracterizations.

We have no clue what happens in a classroom?

Hello! We’ve all been in classrooms.

JO

JO

The intensity of your outrage betrays personal involvement you're angry at the wrong person dude. I have certainly not been there every moment of every day what would be the purpose of having a school if that was the case? However I think I am in a good position to accurately gauge the severe drop off in educational fluency over the past 20 to 30 years based on the general product of the public school systems.

I have watched in horrified dismay has complex math has completely fled the grammar schools and is now slowly but surely being pushed out of Junior high. Ancient history has become well, ancient history. Poetry classics like Poe and Longfellow are now considered to be racist positions held by white supremacists. The School system that you grew to know and love and which you long for is a thing of the past my friend.... I don't want it to be that way that but that doesn't change what it is.

Jo

JO

JO

The intensity of your outrage betrays personal involvement you're angry at the wrong person dude. I have certainly not been there every moment of every day what would be the purpose of having a school if that was the case? However I think I am in a good position to accurately gauge the severe drop off in educational fluency over the past 20 to 30 years based on the general product of the public school systems.

I have watched in horrified dismay has complex math has completely fled the grammar schools and it's now slowly but surely being pushed out of Junior high. Ancient history has become well, ancient history. Poetry classics like Poe and Longfellow are now considered to be racist positions held by white supremacists. School system in who to love how long for is a thing of the past my friend.... I don't want it to be that way that doesn't change what it is.

Jo
No offense but fuck poetry. Its never used or appreciated.

JO

JO

I have watched in horrified dismay has complex math has completely fled the grammar schools and it's now slowly but surely being pushed out of Junior high. Ancient history has become well, ancient history. Poetry classics like Poe and Longfellow are now considered to be racist positions held by white supremacists. School system in who to love how long for is a thing of the past my friend.... I don't want it to be that way that doesn't change what it is.

Jo

Yeah I get what you're saying but poetry is actually verbal mathematics and has a real value for teaching mathematics.
the art of education has been ripped away from the educators are we are now subject to political indoctrination as a substitute for real learning.
I hate it but it's the truth.

Jo

JO

But I don't have to sit in physical proximity to that human to learn the material.

JO

JO

Jo
Maybe not my troglodytes.

JO

JO

I have watched in horrified dismay has complex math has completely fled the grammar schools and is now slowly but surely being pushed out of Junior high. Ancient history has become well, ancient history. Poetry classics like Poe and Longfellow are now considered to be racist positions held by white supremacists. The School system that you grew to know and love and which you long for is a thing of the past my friend.... I don't want it to be that way that but that doesn't change what it is.

Jo
I am outraged because you are full of shit!

the art of education has been ripped away from the educators are we are now subject to political indoctrination as a substitute for real learning.

No, it's just a politically-motivated mantra mindlessly repeated by people who have no first-hand experience with what actually goes on in preparing and teaching.

No, it's just a politically-motivated mantra mindlessly repeated by people who have no first-hand experience with what actually goes on in preparing and teaching.
This is something nobody likes. Being evaluated and judged. And because you are government workers it isn’t just your employer micro managing you it’s all of us. And we see the results coming out of public schools.

How come no one here is defending their public education? How come the only ones with an opinion are negative about what public school is producing? Especially your black students who do worst on tests than every other demographic.

And I don’t buy the liberal indoctrination bs either. But I do agree that you are graduating kids very liberally. Kids who don’t know shit. You don’t accept responsibility for any of that?

My nephew in law who went to Montessori went to a good private school next and they told him he’s behind. I bet he‘d be a genius in your classroom.

Oh, and I went to Detroit public schools till 4th grade. My counselor in the new suburb school said I basically learned nothing in that school. Only what my mom taught me. So I’m sure the bar is real high in your hood.

Forum List

Back