Neither of the major parties holds any sort of exclusive link to the large US debt.
Bullshit. We spend more than $1 trillion per year on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. Those were all passed by the Dumbocrats.

Take that away for the past 30 years alone and we are $9 trillion in actual surpluse rather than $21 trillion in debt.

Democrats and Republicans both voted overwhelmingly in favor of SS. Social Security History
More, whoever voted it into effect, neither party has gotten rid of it in the intervening decades. Unless you are going to argue the Democrats have had control of the government for the past 80+ years, you can blame both major parties for Social Security.

The SS Amendment which created Medicare and Medicaid was certainly more popular among Democrats, but plenty of Republicans voted for that, as well. Social Security History
Again, it hasn't been removed in the intervening years.

I'll repeat: the idea that one party or ideological 'side' owns sole responsibility for the national debt is ridiculously naive. The federal government has spent more than it brings in in all but 3 years since Reagan took office. That includes now, with Republicans in control of both Congress and the White House.
U.S. Federal Deficits, Presidents, and Congress

Both of the major parties tend to spend when given the opportunity, as governments seem to most often do.

Left-wing ideology? Isn't this a report from a year in which Republicans controlled the Presidency, House, and Senate?
So the Dumbocrats didn’t sneak pork spending into bills that they knew the Republicans had to vote yes on? Really?

Clearly you have no clue how Washington actually works. You should find a forum dedicated to Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s. That is clearly much more your wheelhouse.

This is the kind of inexcusable absurdity that the left delivers. And it is why we are $21 trillion in debt.

Feds Spend $30,257 to Help Transgenders Change Their Voice
That's why we're in debt? Damn and here I thought maybe it was because we spend 30 million times that per year on defense (of which only a tiny fraction will ever actually be used for defense)
Considering defense and border security should be the only expenditures the federal government has to pay you would wrong. Defense should always be the largest if not the only expense.
Sounds great. Why in the world I have to pay for flyover country's roads, bridges, utilities, etc. is beyond me.
You don't.

This is the kind of inexcusable absurdity that the left delivers. And it is why we are $21 trillion in debt.

That's why we're in debt? Damn and here I thought maybe it was because we spend 30 million times that per year on defense (of which only a tiny fraction will ever actually be used for defense)
you people always say that stupid shit:
it's only this much, it's not much
it all adds up

my favorite:
---$40,000 for drum sticks--[ yes--drum sticks ] so Fed workers could ''play along'' at a ''Fed awards''' dinner that cost even MORE $$$!!!!

"The National Institutes of Health is spending over $30,000 to develop an app that provides voice coaching for transgender individuals."

The federal government is developing an app, which means …

It'll require 3 Terabytes of storage space to install on your smartphone
Will crash every 30 seconds
Will be riddled with malware
Will report your every move to the NSA
And will only run on Windows Mobile based devices

Can't wait. :rolleyes:

"The National Institutes of Health is spending over $30,000 to develop an app that provides voice coaching for transgender individuals."

Right? Look at the Obamacare website. Most people could build a website for a couple hundred dollars. The Dumbocrats spent over $1 billion and the damn site didn’t even work. That is incredible. For a $1 billion I could deliver a state-of-the-art datacenter filled with high end servers, a fiber optic network, running a brand new platform promoted by the most extensive advertising campaign the world has ever seen and I would still have $950 million left over. And that’s not hyperbole either.

Right? Look at the Obamacare website. Most people could build a website for a couple hundred dollars. The Dumbocrats spent over $1 billion and the damn site didn’t even work. That is incredible. For a $1 billion I could deliver a state-of-the-art datacenter filled with high end servers, a fiber optic network, running a brand new platform promoted by the most extensive advertising campaign the world has ever seen and I would still have $950 million left over. And that’s not hyperbole either.

Yep, and the Obamacare Website was one of the better designed and executed Federal Government software development and infrastructure deployment projects.

The public rarely gets to see the enormous junk pile that constitutes the typical fare from the Feds, I could *almost* swear they hire monkey's to run their IT projects, I say *almost* because if they actually hired monkey's they'd end up with a better quality product.

Left-wing ideology? Isn't this a report from a year in which Republicans controlled the Presidency, House, and Senate?
So the Dumbocrats didn’t sneak pork spending into bills that they knew the Republicans had to vote yes on? Really?

Clearly you have no clue how Washington actually works. You should find a forum dedicated to Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s. That is clearly much more your wheelhouse.

I see, so if it's bad, it's left-wing, regardless of who might be in power, have pushed it, or voted for it, is that it?

Partisanship is funny. :p

I see, so if it's bad, it's left-wing, regardless of who might be in power, have pushed it, or voted for it, is that it.
When the right is wrong, I’m the first to call them out. Just doesn’t happen as much as it does with the anti-constitutional, anti-American thugs I’m the left.

I see, so if it's bad, it's left-wing, regardless of who might be in power, have pushed it, or voted for it, is that it.
When the right is wrong, I’m the first to call them out. Just doesn’t happen as much as it does with the anti-constitutional, anti-American thugs I’m the left.

And yet, while "the right" is in power, you blame "the left" for government waste.

And yet, while "the right" is in power, you blame "the left" for government waste.
Well..it is the left that puts the pork spending into bills that they know the Republicans have to vote yes on (such as a tax cut bill). It’s simply the reality that you were unaware of at first and now unwilling to accept.

Well..it is the left that puts the pork spending into bills that they know the Republicans have to vote yes on (such as a tax cut bill). It’s simply the reality that you were unaware of at first and now unwilling to accept.

I am unwilling to accept the idea that it's just "the left" that puts pork spending into bills, yes. Got any evidence that such is the case?

Forum List

Back