Your Life

I hate being in charge.

Too much stress and responsibility.
I'd rather be told what to do. BUT, only once.

I hate not being in charge.

I like being in charge of my own life.
I would like to be in charge if I just told people what to do, and didn't not have to travel or "hob nob" etc.
I do like to call the shots, and I'll even deal with being accountable for failures, BUT, I don't want to have to kiss ass and go to phony dinners and meetings etc.
Have you ever had to hob nob and go to meetings and phony dinners?

yes, and I have also had to plan those waste of time events as well.
it's mostly about getting drunk and fucking anyway....
Huh? You must have sold a lot if you got all your clients drunk and screwed them.

I would like to be in charge if I just told people what to do, and didn't not have to travel or "hob nob" etc.
I do like to call the shots, and I'll even deal with being accountable for failures, BUT, I don't want to have to kiss ass and go to phony dinners and meetings etc.

Whoa! That is definitely NOT like any meetings or dinner parties or functions I have ever attended!

I know they get drunk... the 2nd part maybe not so much.
But no, I have had a few lunches with potential clients when I was designing web sites back in the mid 1990's. At that time, you needed to know HTML coding etc. I designed 6 or 7 website for companies, and, did a consultation on how to improve an existing website.

Honestly I have not a clue what I want to do, but am at a perfect point in my life to figure it out.....

I'd ask everyone else here what they do - feel free to say if you care to share....
I put together a great resume and applied to every company in my town. Not driving 1 hour each way anymore. Now I drive 7 minutes each way. Do you think an extra 1 hour and 46 minutes of free time every day makes me happy? It does. People either work too much or not enough

I hate being in charge.

Too much stress and responsibility.
I'd rather be told what to do. BUT, only once.

Huh? You must have sold a lot if you got all your clients drunk and screwed them.

well the events that I planned they did that
the meetings, no, not individual client meetings... I guess I should have been more clear ;)

Whoa! That is definitely NOT like any meetings or dinner parties or functions I have ever attended!

But no, I have had a few lunches with potential clients when I was designing web sites back in the mid 1990's. At that time, you needed to know HTML coding etc. I designed 6 or 7 website for companies, and, did a consultation on how to improve an existing website.

Honestly I have not a clue what I want to do, but am at a perfect point in my life to figure it out.....

I'd ask everyone else here what they do - feel free to say if you care to share....
I put together a great resume and applied to every company in my town. Not driving 1 hour each way anymore. Now I drive 7 minutes each way. Do you think an extra 1 hour and 46 minutes of free time every day makes me happy? It does. People either work too much or not enough

Yeah I need help with my resume. Did you mail or email your resume to the local businesses?

One's life is all that there is, all that exists. The universe begins and ends with each life and consciousness. 'Before' and 'after' have no real meaning or being. It is mere imagination to speak of the past or the future. To paraphrase, life is not everything, it is the only thing.
Our first error is to take this too seriously. Our second, not seriously enough.
To interpret this as egocentric is to miss the truth that the only objective reality that cannot be refuted is that one is conscious.

If all there is is "self" - life is whatever you value.

If there is eternal life, and our "human" life determines our eternal life in some way, then it matters greatly.

An asteroid could come an blow the Earth to smithereens today.
If there is no afterlife, totally meaningless in the "big picture".

Yeah I need help with my resume. Did you mail or email your resume to the local businesses?
Email. The president tells everyone how I cold called him and got the job. He figured if I could do that I could call other companies and sell them his product, even tho I never even heard of the product before.

One's life is all that there is, all that exists. The universe begins and ends with each life and consciousness. 'Before' and 'after' have no real meaning or being. It is mere imagination to speak of the past or the future. To paraphrase, life is not everything, it is the only thing.
Our first error is to take this too seriously. Our second, not seriously enough.
To interpret this as egocentric is to miss the truth that the only objective reality that cannot be refuted is that one is conscious.
What about the dope who told me god knew him before he was in the womb? He thinks his life was pre ordained by the almighty Lord himself and will life on after he dies?

Perhaps he will find out. Perhaps you will. Perhaps we all will. Perhaps is not anymore real than the past or the future. All that is, is now. All that one knows is through 100% subjective perception.

If all there is is "self" - life is whatever you value.

If there is eternal life, and our "human" life determines our eternal life in some way, then it matters greatly.

An asteroid could come an blow the Earth to smithereens today.
If there is no afterlife, totally meaningless in the "big picture".
Means something to me.

In the big picture you are meaningless but in your picture you matter.

I look at life as writing a book

You work on your book your whole life and when you die, that book is placed on a shelf. Some books are interesting and are picked up and read long after you are gone. Others are quickly forgotten

I hope that people say about me, "She was honest, considerate, and she did what she could for those that she cared enough about."

God bless you always!!!

Holly

My life and what I do with it is important to me, my family, and the greater community.

What I want my legacy to be is that I tirelessly worked to free myself and others from samsara.

From the movie Samsara (2001). The story of Tibetan Buddhist lama, Tashi.

Tashi's mentor, Apo: [his last letter to Tashi] I realize now that my task is not over, and so I will be returning to Samsara. I know that we shall meet again. Perhaps when we do you will be able to tell me what is more important: satisfying one thousand desires or conquering just one.

Last edited:
My life and what I do with it is important to me, my family, and the greater community.

What I want my legacy to be is that I tirelessly worked to free myself and others from samsara.

From the movie Samsara. The story of Tibetan Buddhist lama, Tashi.

Tashi's mentor, Apo: [his last letter to Tashi] I realize now that my task is not over, and so I will be returning to Samsara. I know that we shall meet again. Perhaps when we do you will be able to tell me what is more important: satisfying one thousand desires or conquering just one.
I never saw the movie. Wise words though.

I said to him "I drive by your place all the time and I thought, I wonder if they could use a woman like me?". They have your resume so if it looks like you did something you've done and they need someone, I can't see why a company who's hiring wouldn't hire you. Trust me, a monkey could do what we all do. Lol. Someone just has to want to train you. Just plaster your resume write a list of companies you see driving around look them up on web for contact info, what they do any names or emails phone. Send resume then you got to follow up with a call leave a message. It's not easy but if they are close to home send a resume.

#1. My family is very important to me. With my help my 2 daughters started their own businesses and it's a success. My 2 sons are both working for me and my oldest is now my CEO..... My father left me his legacy...... when I'm gone my legacy will live on.
#2. My father dedicated his life helping poor people. He left me with total of 7 homeless centers between Florida and California to maintain. Last 9 years I started my own by helping wounded veterans in Florida and I open another one in San Diego county to be operational this July. I know I made a big difference in people's live.
When I'm gone my sons will continue my contribution to humanity......... My legacy will live on.

Forum List

Back