Your Life

I hate being in charge.

Too much stress and responsibility.
I'd rather be told what to do. BUT, only once.

I hate not being in charge.

I like being in charge of my own life.
I would like to be in charge if I just told people what to do, and didn't not have to travel or "hob nob" etc.
I do like to call the shots, and I'll even deal with being accountable for failures, BUT, I don't want to have to kiss ass and go to phony dinners and meetings etc.

My life and what I do with it is important to me, my family, and the greater community.

What I want my legacy to be is that I tirelessly worked to free myself and others from samsara.
Dhara, are you black?

No. That's her pic in her avatar, I believe.
ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1460490743.434776.jpg

I hate being in charge.

I would like to be in charge if I just told people what to do, and didn't not have to travel or "hob nob" etc.
I do like to call the shots, and I'll even deal with being accountable for failures, BUT, I don't want to have to kiss ass and go to phony dinners and meetings etc.
Have you ever had to hob nob and go to meetings and phony dinners?

I hate being in charge.

yes, and I have also had to plan those waste of time events as well.
it's mostly about getting drunk and fucking anyway....

id like to work on leaving something behind...

for the off chance that something is after, and there's a view from a chair somewhere

I think we should make the most of life, while we are here.
Accept who we are
Go with that
Be around people that encourage and support you (unless you prefer to be alone, which is OK too)

I don't think you can say for others how they should live, think, or feel.

People here are such judgmental pricks!

I hate being in charge.

Whoa! That is definitely NOT like any meetings or dinner parties or functions I have ever attended!

I hate being in charge.

Whoa! That is definitely NOT like any meetings or dinner parties or functions I have ever attended!

I know they get drunk... the 2nd part maybe not so much.
But no, I have had a few lunches with potential clients when I was designing web sites back in the mid 1990's. At that time, you needed to know HTML coding etc. I designed 6 or 7 website for companies, and, did a consultation on how to improve an existing website.

Honestly I have not a clue what I want to do, but am at a perfect point in my life to figure it out.....

I'd ask everyone else here what they do - feel free to say if you care to share....

Do you feel your life and what you do with it is important?
Why or why not?

Do you feel like it's necessary to leave a legacy or something to be remembered by?
If so, what? -- and why?

My life is important to me. Which is reason enough. But I think my life, my presence, my actions and my work are all important.

I am leaving an amazing legacy. I have 3 kids who have the best qualities of me.

Why or why not?

Do you feel like it's necessary to leave a legacy or something to be remembered by?
If so, what? -- and why?

No.
Dunno.
No.
Nuffin.

Why or why not?

If so, what? -- and why?

As long as " my kids " never forget me I will be content.

I save lives, extinguish fires , perform rescues, and help prevent disaster.

I enforce safety rules and regulations and perform security work to keep hundreds of people safe. So my job is very important.

Shadow 355

Why or why not?

If so, what? -- and why?

As long as " my kids " never forget me I will be content.

I save lives, extinguish fires , perform rescues, and help prevent disaster.

I enforce safety rules and regulations and perform security work to keep hundreds of people safe. So my job is very important.

Shadow 355

why did you put "my kids" in quotation marks?

Why or why not?

If so, what? -- and why?

No.
Dunno.
No.
Nuffin.

I actually would answer the same. I would like to do something important. Or at least, something that makes others shine or be successful.
I'm a pretty selfish person, but, when it comes to what I really want in life, it would be to make someone else look great - to know hey, I helped make a difference in that person's life. Not sure why.... but seems like either I'm not good at it, or, the opportunity door is always closed.....

I don't feel like it's important for me to leave a legacy.
The world moves on without you - regardless if you are in the history books or not.

I don't feel a need to be a success (career etc.)
I don't feel a need to make a lot of money
It would be cool if I could make a difference in the world, but, I would not even know where to start, and being that I lack a lot of motivation and will (and that my objective is to avoid stress) - I just don't see that happening
I want to leave my nephews money. I don't want them to have to start a gofundme site to pay for my funeral.

Forum List

Back