Your Favorite Things About Israel

2C000DE1-A38D-4A16-B15A-57BD00522C82.jpeg

#176 Self Discipline

The Torah tells the story of how Joseph was in prison in Egypt. This is a model of how anyone in any situation can grow. After Joseph was released from prison he became a powerful ruler. That is because in prison he used his mental ability to train himself to master the attribute of total self-discipline. In prison he ruled over himself, and he went on to rule over the Egyptian nation.
Today, think of a difficult situation you are in, and consider how you might use this to develop mastery over self.

(Sources: see Rabbi Chaim Zaitchyk - Maayanai Hachaim, vol.3, p.107; Rabbi Pliskin's "Consulting the Wise")

Just discovered this thread....what a treat.

My favorite place in Israel.....Kibbutz Yiftah......was there in the summer of 75.

It seems to me that Jerusalem is the most ancient modern city on the Earth. By ancient modern I mean a modern city that has been around for 4000 years. I cannot think of any other modern city that goes back in history that far.
A fascinating place....spent a lot of time there.

I liked to just take off walking and went whichever way whim took me.

I sat on a little porch close to the Wailing Wall a lot and watched the people pray.

I stayed right across from The Tower of David near Yaffa Gate.....not the hotel whose name escapes me at the moment but right next door in a bldg. owned by a Arab-- had a cafe and shop on the ground floor and rented rooms on the 3rd floor....very economical.

There was an area to sit at up on the roof....great view.

Forum List

Back