Your cat name

I'd end up with Professor Kitty Von Scooper.

Hard to use 1 name with 12 cats in the house though. But I do like [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION] and his approach - all of them get the same name.

Since most cats don't respond to their names anyway, I've come to the conclusion that they prefer to be anonymous.

Since most cats don't respond to their names anyway, I've come to the conclusion that they prefer to be anonymous.

Speak for yourself. My cats do know their names. Now, responding is a completely different discussion. Kitty, kitty usually gets a response from all six, just as "pssst-pssst-pssst" does.

Your cats are not "most cats", unless you have like a billion cats.

And my word was "respond", not "know"!

Last edited:

Speak for yourself. My cats do know their names. Now, responding is a completely different discussion. Kitty, kitty usually gets a response from all six, just as "pssst-pssst-pssst" does.

Your cats are not "most cats", unless you have like a billion cats.

And my word was "respond", not "know"!

Chill. I have had, well...lots of cats. I have fostered cats. At one point I had 18 cats on board. I love cats...I'm a cat person.

I am not a cat person. I love them, but never felt the need to own one. I love elephants too. No, I would not want to have one. I am a dog person. However, I have always had 1 cat. I never went looking for them. They found me. Funny thing is...they all wanted to be the ONLY cat and that was fine with me. :)

I am not a cat person. I love them, but never felt the need to own one. I love elephants too. No, I would not want to have one. I am a dog person. However, I have always had 1 cat. I never went looking for them. They found me. Funny thing is...they all wanted to be the ONLY cat and that was fine with me. :)

I am usually quite successful integrating new cats into my multi-cat household. The only solo cat I've gotten recently now lives as the only cat at my partner's place.

Forum List

Back