Your assumptions - your creator?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
We can invent axioms, then must accept God working including what we assumed excluding our axioms. But, does this new division actually create you or re-create you, different from God's work?

Here is my story, and I wonder if we can speculate of alternate endings that I could have done but failed, or what could be done in the future with this.

My roomie has a sister who is not her blood sister, but was dumped on her by parents who one day decided to suddenly abandon her when she was a little school girl. Here is the interesting part. She keeps assuming that there is something out there that protects her and her stuff, even when she is proven wrong again and again. For example, she shared her boyfriend with another girl then lost her boyfriend to her, no surprise. She also lends money to every idiot and never gets paid back. But most recently, she put her outfits in a bag for me to take them with all the other laundry bags to wash, but she put it next to the trash cans, and the trash guys took it before anyone realized.

Why doesn't she switch her assumption after so many fails? Here is my theory. Somehow this assumption recreated her in some ways, so she would have to totally annihilate herself to accept that people will not care for her.

Now she has no money to even rent, so we put her up in our room. When the year is over we will not keep the room, and she will be homeless. I think her greatest fear is that she will be homeless and get murdered on the street. I think she could pick up prostitution successfully, because she is very beautiful, but she is not street smart at all so she will fail with that.

So, is a side effect of our assumptions, that it puts us into collision with our greatest fear(s)?

By he way, thinking about her, I think I am getting a phobia too of getting murdered any day, even though I know that nobody has a reason to kill me.

What could have been done to change her path? My roomie says that she will not lend her clothes to her sister, so I gave her free reign in my wardrobe, which is stupid because she looks odd in guys clothes (I am male), even though she still is beautiful in them nevertheless. Did I make a mistake? What would you do? How can we fix her assumption crisis, and flip her back to balance?

Last edited:
We can invent axioms, then must accept God working including what we assumed excluding our axioms. But, does this new division actually create you or re-create you, different from God's work?

Here is my story, and I wonder if we can speculate of alternate endings that I could have done but failed, or what could be done in the future with this.

My roomie has a sister who is not her blood sister, but was dumped on her by parents who one day decided to suddenly abandon her when she was a little school girl. Here is the interesting part. She keeps assuming that there is something out there that protects her and her stuff, even when she is proven wrong again and again. For example, she shared her boyfriend with another girl then lost her boyfriend to her, no surprise. She also lends money to every idiot and never gets paid back. But most recently, she put her outfits in a bag for me to take them with all the other laundry bags to wash, but she put it next to the trash cans, and the trash guys took it before anyone realized.

Why doesn't she switch her assumption after so many fails? Here is my theory. Somehow this assumption recreated her in some ways, so she would have to totally annihilate herself to accept that people will not care for her.

Now she has no money to even rent, so we put her up in our room. When the year is over we will not keep the room, and she will be homeless. I think her greatest fear is that she will be homeless and get murdered on the street. I think she could pick up prostitution successfully, because she is very beautiful, but she is not street smart at all so she will fail with that.

So, is a side effect of our assumptions, that it puts us into collision with our greatest fear(s)?

By he way, thinking about her, I think I am getting a phobia too of getting murdered any day, even though I know that nobody has a reason to kill me.

What could have been done to change her path? My roomie says that she will not lend her clothes to her sister, so I gave her free reign in my wardrobe, which is stupid because she looks odd in guys clothes (I am male), even though she still is beautiful in them nevertheless. Did I make a mistake? What would you do? How can we fix her assumption crisis, and flip her back to balance?

Is she employed?

Now, that you are aware of her issues it is your "responsibility" to see her through the hardships. It is a tough situation because sometimes when we think we do good we actually do harm and vice versa. I don't envy you.

Forum List

Back