Youngkin Already Picking Fight With Virginia Parents, Get's Smacked Down On Mask Mandate

Actually, you don’t know for sure if they are. Because Typhoid is infectious, preventive measures (the equivalent of mask wearing) were put in place in regards to food handling. Your logic would say that no one should be forced to abide by those measures unless actively sick.
Yep. We did it for my entire life before COVID19 and should continue to do so. Kids may still wear masks but should not be mandated. My kids wear them playing basketball that’s just insane.

OH? What is the difference between wearing a face mask and wearing a shirt?
You don’t breathe through your chest. Kids wearing masks all day is bad for their respiratory system and their skin. My youngest developed anxiety because of it. Took us four months to have her come back to her old self. That’s what. Wear a mask while playing an entire game of basketball and see how you like it.

Yep. We did it for my entire life before COVID19 and should continue to do so. Kids may still wear masks but should not be mandated. My kids wear them playing basketball that’s just insane.
I agree to some extent, but if some and some don’t, then there is no protection. Seems better to err on the side of cation and if the majority of tbe parents in a district want their schools to mandate masks then they should.

You don’t breathe through your chest. Kids wearing masks all day is bad for their respiratory system and their skin. My youngest developed anxiety because of it. Took us four months to have her come back to her old self. That’s what. Wear a mask while playing an entire game of basketball and see how you like it.
Do they wear masks outside?

New Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) began his new job by ensuring that all masks mandates would be banned in schools regardless of what the community and parents want.

Speaking to the press on Sunday, Youngkin was asked about the Arlington school district still requiring masks regardless of what the governor says. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

Youngkin said that clearly, the schools didn't listen to what parents wanted, assuming that the parents in Arlington don't want the mask mandate. Arlington County voted 76.7 percent against Youngkin despite his campaign pledge to kill masks in schools.

First day on the job, don't even know what the law is. This ain't Flori-Duh son. That crap won't fly here.
Most Virginia parents agree with our new governor. I'm one of them.

I agree to some extent, but if some and some don’t, then there is no protection. Seems better to err on the side of cation and if the majority of tbe parents in a district want their schools to mandate masks then they should.
Err for how long? Kids mental health issues are at an all time high. To get a therapist for my youngest was impossible. Six month wait. We went through an old family friend who did us a favor. Kids rarely get very ill from COVID19 and masks do little when they take them off at lunch anyway. COVID is still running wild but at the same time we are crushing their lungs, skin, self esteem and mental health.

Explain why anyone else should wear a mask if you are?

Err for how long? Kids mental health issues are at an all time high. To get a therapist for my youngest was impossible. Six month wait. We went through an old family friend who did us a favor. Kids rarely get very ill from COVID19 and masks do little when they take them off at lunch anyway. COVID is still running wild but at the same time we are crushing their lungs, skin, self esteem and mental health.
How much of it is to do with masks and how much with isolation and school closures?

I think we all agree we have to keep schools open … so what measures would help with that? A friend mine was furious. She has three kids, 11, 8 and 5. Throughout Covid they did everything right. They had to home school for a year which everyone hated. This year they decided to send the kids back to school based on the protocol that had been put in place to protect them. Masks are worn by all and social distancing was encouraged. If a COVID positive student was identified, the class went to remote learning until after the quarantine. Which is what, five days now? Then, they swiched gears, no more informing parents if a kid gets covid, no more contact tracing, no more option to temporarily go remote for quarentine, and so on. Now the 11 yr old has Covid.

Everyone is vaxxed, adults are boostered. Cases will most likely be mild. But living in the household is a 90 yr old and a kid with asthma.

How much of it is to do with masks and how much with isolation and school closures?

I think we all agree we have to keep schools open … so what measures would help with that? A friend mine was furious. She has three kids, 11, 8 and 5. Throughout Covid they did everything right. They had to home school for a year which everyone hated. This year they decided to send the kids back to school based on the protocol that had been put in place to protect them. Masks are worn by all and social distancing was encouraged. If a COVID positive student was identified, the class went to remote learning until after the quarantine. Which is what, five days now? Then, they swiched gears, no more informing parents if a kid gets covid, no more contact tracing, no more option to temporarily go remote for quarentine, and so on. Now the 11 yr old has Covid.

Everyone is vaxxed, adults are boostered. Cases will most likely be mild. But living in the household is a 90 yr old and a kid with asthma.
My 12 yr old got it too and she was vaxxed. She had the sniffles for a day. Then she was fine. It’s not a death sentence. And to answer your questions it’s masks. Because kids feel claustrophobic in them. Especially when playing a physical sport. Try wearing one for 10 hrs a day and see how you like it. Let the kids be kids and run around mask free. It’s been nearly two yrs of this!

If some parent doesn't think getting their kid vaxxed and masked up works then they should keep them off the Basketball court.

Forum List

Back