You Travel in, RV, Motor Home or Bus?

Thats beautiful, and I know its nice but also expensive. We watched this couple on You Tube " Gone With Ther Wynns" who had a one, past 6 yr.s they sail around the world on a catamaran. Nice couple, no politics, just living the life.
Here are 5 of the great grandkids, but we haven't taken them anywhere since I sold the bus,plus the pandemic slowed us down alot. The little boy in the back use to do pull up's on the door rails of the bus.

wJPaxLq.jpg
We drove all over the country during the pandemic. It was great. Parks had lots of availability and the traffic was lighter. We refused to allow the bs Covid narrative to affect us in any way.

Once in a while I catch myself considering a nice motorhome to just cruise around the country in whenever I feel like it. I'd want a nice one, though. And something I could tow a vehicle behind.

I have a Class A license.

Thats beautiful, and I know its nice but also expensive. We watched this couple on You Tube " Gone With Ther Wynns" who had a one, past 6 yr.s they sail around the world on a catamaran. Nice couple, no politics, just living the life.
Here are 5 of the great grandkids, but we haven't taken them anywhere since I sold the bus,plus the pandemic slowed us down alot. The little boy in the back use to do pull up's on the door rails of the bus.

wJPaxLq.jpg
I can carry 8 total belted. So, much of your gang will fit.

I’m very familiar with Gone with the Wynns. I’ve followed them for years. Nice couple and very adventurous.

My coach is 15 years old though it doesn’t look it, because I’ve cared for it meticulously. Not nearly as expensive as a comparable new coach.

We have followed them for years too. And I agree on all accounts. Hope they get their new boat soon, it's a little boring without them on their own boat.

Once in a while I catch myself considering a nice motorhome to just cruise around the country in whenever I feel like it. I'd want a nice one, though. And something I could tow a vehicle behind.

I have a Class A license.
Many nice ones are out there and you don’t have to spend a fortune. Look for high end models 10-15 years old and well maintained. Many DP owners infrequently use their coach and often keep it stored inside.

Sound advice for anyone thinking of doing something like this, is to first rent one for a month and only stay in it for that whole month, and never once enter your real home during that time.

There is a documentary, I believe on Netflix, that shows people who decided to sell their homes and spend several years traveling the US/Canada and live in the RV.
A HUGE percentage of those people never made it a single year. Some, a matter of weeks.
It takes a different kind of person to be able to do it. And no matter how much you may want, or think you want to do it. If you are not one of those people - you will fail.
Renting a quality DP isn’t easy or cheap. Few are available. If you do the research, you’ll know whether it’s for you.

We sold everything over five years ago. Haven’t owned a home since and don’t miss it one bit. We’ve traveled all over the southern half of the US. 35k miles.

I can carry 8 total belted. So, much of your gang will fit.

Sometimes we had up to 8 kids some were without seat belts like in the 1960's no belts. I put my toddlers in our van in a playpen in early 70s, when I stopped, the pen would slide forward.
For years I'd put my arm out to block a kid from dashboard diving.

Many nice ones are out there and you don’t have to spend a fortune. Look for high end models 10-15 years old and well maintained. Many DP owners infrequently use their coach and often keep it stored inside.
I will add you best have some skills on home and auto repair. Things always break or fail in a home on wheels. If you have to hire someone all the time, it can be very costly.

It's not really something I seriously consider in as far as actively shopping for one.

It's just something I've casually considered doing.

But other times, far more so, I just wanna retire under a palm tree some place, away from the ''real world.''

Sometimes we had up to 8 kids some were without seat belts like in the 1960's no belts. I put my toddlers in our van in a playpen in early 70s, when I stopped, the pen would slide forward.
For years I'd put my arm out to block a kid from dashboard diving.
A buddy had a very high-end coach 15 years ago or so. He had a three young kids. He lived in Nashville and his folks lived in Phoenix. He’d get out of work and drive all that way overnight, with the kids asleep on the bed in back for Christmas. He did that many years. He loved to drive and wasn’t one to get tired.

We don't travel much since pandemic but we do have a van with a cooler, Coleman stove for coffee. bed and potty to take trips in. Most of our trips now are less than 500 miles.

It's not really something I seriously consider in as far as actively shopping for one.

But other times, far more so, I just wanna retire under a palm tree some place, away from the ''real world.''
I like that. If my wife and family would come with me, I’d leave the country for an ocean front villa in Mexico or Costa Rica or someplace lIke that.

My coach has four slideouts. Giving us lots of space. We often dance in the living room on our beautiful ceramic tile floors.

Nearly all motorhome have slide outs.
'64 Greyhound doesn't. :dunno:
A million miles and it ran like a top, though. Could not lock the storage area.
I had a long dresser for the clothes storage/cooking area. Countertop cook stuff only.
Zero oven action.

Last edited:

Us too N.C.. I do like to make trails in the woods though cutting vines have become an obsession with me.

We don't travel much since pandemic but we do have a van with a cooler, Coleman stove for coffee. bed and potty to take trips in. Most of our trips now are less than 500 miles.
I loved the pandemic really. Being in our coach, we weren't exposed to others much.

We snagged a site on San Diego Bay for 60 days at half price, because of the pandemic. Looking out our front window at the bay every morning was grand.

We got a spot in Malibu overlooking the Pacific for really cheap. California had some really good deals.

Malibu!
1672262023538.jpeg

'64 Greyhound doesn't. :dunno:
A million miles and it ran like a top, though. Could not lock the storage area.
I had a long dresser for the clothes storage/cooking area. Countertop cook stuff only.
Zero oven action.
There’s something to be said about the simplicity of older coaches. The newer coaches are much too complicated.

A buddy had a very high-end coach 15 years ago or so. He had a three young kids. He lived in Nashville and his folks lived in Phoenix. He’d get out of work and drive all that way overnight, with the kids asleep on the bed in back for Christmas. He did that many years. He loved to drive and wasn’t one to get tired.

How nice, we did lots of travel with our own, miss those days without the kids.
We did take the grands on many trips, mostly beach or camping. Snow skiing in Tenn and snorkeling in The Keys were two most interesting, :eek:

Well then Happy Trails to You.:cool: New trails make me feel like I'm somewhere different, breaks the rural life boredom.
Gimme some tools and point me in a direction. Or just point me in a direction; Most likely I already have the tools.

Forum List

Back