You People Who Think Separation of Church and State is Possible.......How Do You Reconcile Abortion??

Notice I used the word 'inadvertent'. The framers didn't intend for the government to promote atheism, but that's exactly what is happening by default when you disallow Christian laws. Abortion and gay marriage are the examples here,.
Noted. But that is neither the fault of the Framers and certainly not of the Constitution that specifically forbade the federal government from mandating, disallowing or interfering with Christian laws, Jewish laws or any other religious laws.

While a person's religious faith might guide his/her beliefs/opinions on abortion, abortion has never been a part of any religious faith that I know of unless maybe some satanic cults. And while many may want their marriage to be sanctified in a religious ceremony, legal marriage has always been a civil matter in all 50 states and requires no religious involvement of any kind in order to be valid.

The Constitution allows the states every right to pass whatever laws they want re abortion and marriage. That's why Clarence Thomas was not opposing gay marriage but was rather holding up a higher principle when he said the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage should be revisited. In his opinion the high court was never given authority to dictate what marriage law must be any more than it has authority to dictate what abortion law must be. And any Congress or court that presumes to dictate that is clearly in violation of the Constitution's letter and intent.

Watch all the Tards scatter like roaches when the light switch is turned on at midnight….they can’t EVER tell us how or where American Christianity is bad for the Republic.

LefTarded Filth:

Spoken like a true Christian. (Sarcasm)

You miss the whole point. By failing to declare America a Christian nation, it left atheism as the default.
How can a nation be declared an
“atheist state” when the following religious affiliations are in the mix : “More than four in ten Americans (44%) identify as white Christian, including white evangelical Protestants (14%), white mainline (non-evangelical) Protestants (16%), and white Catholics (12%), as well as small percentages who identify as Latter-day Saint (Mormon), Jehovah’s Witness, and Orthodox Christian[2]. Christians of color include Hispanic Catholics (8%), Black Protestants (7%), Hispanic Protestants (4%), other Protestants of color (4%), and other Catholics of color (2%)[3]. The rest of religiously affiliated Americans belong to non-Christian groups, including 1% who are Jewish, 1% Muslim, 1% Buddhist, 0.5% Hindu, and 1% who identify with other religions. Religiously unaffiliated Americans comprise those who do not claim any particular religious affiliation (17%) and those who identify as atheist (3%) or agnostic (3%).

The US would need to have its religious versus non-religious demographics switched in order for your premise to hold any weight. As it stands, the atheists and agnostics don’t have the numbers by any means.

Hahaha…poor Tard….the entire Declaration Of Independence is filled with Christian ideology…if America was founded on any other religion it would be the same disgusting filthy shithole that all others are…hahaha…why can’t you see the obvious?

What's obvious is that you've failed to prove your point. The word "christianity" isn't contained in our founding documents for a very good reason: the founding fathers never intended for this would be a christian nation...

Someone brought up an important point earlier, and I think it's been largely ignored by the religious zealots here who think we're an "Atheist" country.

No one is suggesting that christians (or any other religion) not be permitted to practice their faith. The important thing to bear in mind, though, is that an Atheist nation would not allow that...

How can a nation be declared an
“atheist state” when the following religious affiliations are in the mix : “More than four in ten Americans (44%) identify as white Christian, including white evangelical Protestants (14%), white mainline (non-evangelical) Protestants (16%), and white Catholics (12%), as well as small percentages who identify as Latter-day Saint (Mormon), Jehovah’s Witness, and Orthodox Christian[2]. Christians of color include Hispanic Catholics (8%), Black Protestants (7%), Hispanic Protestants (4%), other Protestants of color (4%), and other Catholics of color (2%)[3]. The rest of religiously affiliated Americans belong to non-Christian groups, including 1% who are Jewish, 1% Muslim, 1% Buddhist, 0.5% Hindu, and 1% who identify with other religions. Religiously unaffiliated Americans comprise those who do not claim any particular religious affiliation (17%) and those who identify as atheist (3%) or agnostic (3%).

The US would need to have its religious versus non-religious demographics switched in order for your premise to hold any weight. As it stands, the atheists and agnostics don’t have the numbers by any means.

Great post. Did Mashmont take a powder? He's not so much a Catholic as he is a Fascist.

Yeah, but the problem is it inadvertently endorsed atheism by default, and thus is the reason for my series of threads calling for an amendment to get America declared a Christian nation. It will no doubt take major wars, Depressions, and other calamities to get us in the frame of mind to do that. Unfortunately, human nature requires a strong nudge to get us going in the right direction.
Jesus wouldn't give a rat's ass if you declare America a "Christian Nation". Can you show me, chapter and verse, where He even hinted that He wanted His followers in the grubby business of earthly politics? Because I can't. I've shown you before that Jesus knew that all the worldly governments in His day were all under the control of Satan. Since there is a direct chain of cause and effect from those nations then to the nations of today it stands to reason they're still under Satan's control. At least this is what a lot of my Christian friends tell me. Real Christians.

What's obvious is that you've failed to prove your point. The word "christianity" isn't contained in our founding documents for a very good reason: the founding fathers never intended for this would be a christian nation...
Hahaha…except that I proved my point with precision….heterosexual Christian men founded and built this nation on rudimentary christian ideology as evidenced in the Declaration Of Independence…sucks huh?

Hahaha…except that I proved my point with precision….heterosexual Christian men founded and built this nation on rudimentary christian ideology as evidenced in the Declaration Of Independence…sucks huh?

So, if they intended it to be a christian nation, why didn't they make sure there was no ambiguity?

The fact of the matter is that, despite whatever their personal beliefs may have been, they intentionally did not make this a christian nation.

Sucks, huh??

So, if they intended it to be a christian nation, why didn't they make sure there was no ambiguity?

The fact of the matter is that, despite whatever their personal beliefs may have been, they intentionally did not make this a christian nation.

Sucks, huh??h

hahaha…that’s the thing Lefty…only unAmerican filth wants to see ambiguity in the Founders intent…All legit core Americans see their intent clearly.

You people might remember my excellent thread calling for the US to become a Christian Nation It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation. In it, I made the airtight case that separation of church and state is impossible, has never happened, and cannot ever happen, and should be amended out of the Constitution. Let's face it. The framers made a mistake, just like they did in calling blacks 3/5 human.

Separation of Church and state is possible with most laws: No littering, no running a red light, etc. But there are some laws, the most important ones, where separation is impossible without creating an atheist state. In order to have actual separation of church and state, you have to have laws which the Catholic Church and other Christians can't follow in good conscience. In other words, atheist laws. Therefore abortion and gay marriage cannot be reconciled with separation of church and state without creating an atheist state. Leftist atheists say the current reversal of Roe v Wade violates separation of church and state because it pushes religious values. I say allowing abortion makes the state tantamount to an atheist state.

I would also add the Supreme Court declared atheism a religion in 1961, so why are we favoring the religion of atheism over the Christian religions? Again, separation of church and state is impossible, so let's scrap it and done with it.

I challenge anyone in the forum who claim to want separation of church and state (probably most people) tp reconcile the issues of abortion and gay marriage with the First Amendment without promoting the religion of atheism. I guarantee no one will be able to do it.
Silly rabbit.

The separation of church and state is intended to keep politics from destroying religion, not the other way around.

As Alexis de Tocqueville warned us almost 200 years ago:

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

1834:

On my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country. My desire to discover the causes of this phenomenon increased from day to day. In order to satisfy it I questioned the members of all the different sects; I sought especially the society of the clergy, who are the depositaries of the different creeds and are especially interested in their duration. As a member of the Roman Catholic Church, I was more particularly brought into contact with several of its priests, with whom I became intimately acquainted. To each of these men I expressed my astonishment and explained my doubts. I found that they differed upon matters of detail alone, and that they all attributed the peaceful dominion of religion in their country mainly to the separation of church and state. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet a single individual, of the clergy or the laity, who was not of the same opinion on this point.

You could tell us how a Christian America would be bad for America…but you can’t so you won’t. Weird huh Canon Shooter ?

1. It's what the people who founded this country fled from.

2. Whose Christianity is represented? Jerry Falwell Jr's? The Southern Baptist?

3. What you really mean is a "white America".

hahaha…that’s the thing Lefty…only unAmerican filth wants to see ambiguity in the Founders intent…All legit core Americans see their intent clearly.

Calling me a "lefty" only puts your monumental ignorance on display. How stupid of you to think that someone who doesn't want this to be a "christian" nation can't be a conservative.

Don't be an idiot.

The fact of the matter is that what the founders did was remarkably complex. The founding of a nation can't be an easy thing to do. Yet they seem to have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's in every single other aspect of what they undertook.

It would simply take a special kind of stupid to believe that they fucked this part up.

We're not a christian nation. We're never going to be a christian nation.

Sucks, huh??

LOL!

Forum List

Back