You People Who Think Separation of Church and State is Possible.......How Do You Reconcile Abortion??

If voters decide that all first born children must be killed, would you kill your first born? If voters decided that Asians shall have no citizenship, would you go along with that?
not valid analogies. the issue of whether abortion should be legal should be decided by the voters. If not the voters, who? You libs claim the voters put senile joe in office but you are scared shitless of a vote on abortion. fricken hypocrites.

not valid analogies. the issue of whether abortion should be legal should be decided by the voters. If not the voters, who? You libs claim the voters put senile joe in office but you are scared shitless of a vote on abortion. fricken hypocrites.

You already have that and some states have outlawed or greatly restricted abortion. SCOTUS has ruled it is a state issue not a federal one but you want to defy that ruling and get a nationwide ban.

And you'll notice that the only thing the law addresses is the procedure of abortion not whether the fetus has the rights of personhood.

You already have that and some states have outlawed or greatly restricted abortion. SCOTUS has ruled it is a state issue not a federal one but you want to defy that ruling and get a nationwide ban.

And you'll notice that the only thing the law addresses is the procedure of abortion not whether the fetus has the rights of personhood.
No, I want the citizens to each state to decide it. What is your objection to letting the voters decide? Afraid they might not agree with you?

you are talking double talk, you want a federal law making it legal but you don't want a national vote on it. you are a hypocrite.

you are talking double talk, you want a federal law making it legal but you don't want a national vote on it. you are a hypocrite.

I want the federal government to acknowledge that people have absolute sovereignty over their own bodies.

So now I can ask you to quote the post where I said I wanted a federal law on abortion.

If not the voters, how about the US Constitution? How about the Supreme Law of The Land with its Bill of Rights?

I'm a grandfather so I have no dog in the fight. My liberal friends call me a right wing radical and my conservative friends call me a liberal. What is an independent thinker to do?

It's the woman's right to do as she pleases with her body, and that's what the law says.

If not the voters, how about the US Constitution? How about the Supreme Law of The Land with its Bill of Rights?

I'm a grandfather so I have no dog in the fight. My liberal friends call me a right wing radical and my conservative friends call me a liberal. What is an independent thinker to do?

It's the woman's right to do as she pleases with her body, and that's what the law says.
either every person has absolute sovereignty over their own bodies or they don't.

I wonder how many of these men that are so hell bent on controlling women would feel if the tables were turned.

Abortion is first and foremost about taking the life of a living developing human being. NOT about whatever inconvenience a woman or 'her body' experiences. The right of an individual to live by far trumps another's desire for convenience.

Boy, this lying Marxist talking point is being repeated so often, many people believe it.

Abortion is first and foremost about taking the life of a living developing human being. NOT about whatever inconvenience a woman or 'her body' experiences. The right of an individual to live by far trumps another's desire for convenience.

Boy, this lying Marxist talking point is being repeated so often, many people believe it.
Show me where in the Constitution or any state statute that a fertilized human ovum has all the rights of a born person.

And all persons have absolute dominion over their own bodies.

I want the federal government to acknowledge that people have absolute sovereignty over their own bodies.

So now I can ask you to quote the post where I said I wanted a federal law on abortion.
when you said this "You already have that and some states have outlawed or greatly restricted abortion. SCOTUS has ruled it is a state issue not a federal one but you want to defy that ruling and get a nationwide ban." you clearly implied that you want a federal law making abortion totally legal with no restrictions, if not, explain exactly what it is that you want.

when you said this "You already have that and some states have outlawed or greatly restricted abortion. SCOTUS has ruled it is a state issue not a federal one but you want to defy that ruling and get a nationwide ban." you clearly implied that you want a federal law making abortion totally legal with no restrictions, if not, explain exactly what it is that you want.
I do not think I have the right to tell any person what they can or cannot do with their own bodies.

I never advocated for any specific laws on abortion and you cannot quote a single post of mine where I ever did.

YOU have no right to tell me what I or anyone else can do to their own body.

I do not think I have the right to tell any person what they can or cannot do with their own bodies.

I never advocated for an specific laws on abortion and you cannot quote a single post of mine where I ever did.

YOU have no right to tell me what I or anyone else can do to their own body.
but you keep forgetting that the unborn child has a body of his/her own and has no vote in this. The real issue here is whether an unborn child is a human being, you apparently think it is not. Its not only YOUR body at issue here.

but you keep forgetting that the unborn child has a body of his/her own and has no vote in this. The real issue here is whether an unborn child is a human being, you apparently think it is not. Its not only YOUR body at issue here.
And it has no capacity to decide anything. not to mention the rights of the mother are not subordinate to the fertilized ovum.

A fetus up until the time it has a fully developed neurological system and can survive outside the womb is not a person yet because it lacks the ability to function as a person

OK so you must want the freezing of embryos outlawed too right? After all isn't it abuse to force a child to be frozen against its will?

How would you feel about a law that required all males who reach puberty and can father a child to have their DNA taken and put in a data base so that whenever a child is born the state can know who the father is and start garnishing their wages immediately ?

And it has no capacity to decide anything. not to mention the rights of the mother are not subordinate to the fertilized ovum.

A fetus up until the time it has a fully developed neurological system and can survive outside the womb is not a person yet because it lacks the ability to function as a person
ok, that is what you believe, and that's just fine. But others believe otherwise and that's fine too, so lets put it to a vote, either a federal referendum or state by state, OK? Why do you abortionists fear the will of the people? please answer

OK so you must want the freezing of embryos outlawed too right? After all isn't it abuse to force a child to be frozen against its will?

How would you feel about a law that required all males who reach puberty and can father a child to have their DNA taken and put in a data base so that whenever a child is born the state can know who the father is and start garnishing their wages immediately ?
your attempts at analogy are totally off base. Here's one for you, if you can kill an unborn kid, why not kill a 2 year old if he/she becomes inconvenient or a burden on the mother, or jeopardizes the mother's health by waking up at 3am?

ok, that is what you believe, and that's just fine. But others believe otherwise and that's fine too, so lets put it to a vote, either a federal referendum or state by state, OK? Why do you abortionists fear the will of the people? please answer
Why should anyone subject their persona choices to a vote ? Do you want other people telling you what you can and can't do to your own body I sure as hell don't.

Our bodies are the only thing in the world we actually own and I'll not let you or anyone else usurp my sovereignty over my own body.

your attempts at analogy are totally off base. Here's one for you, if you can kill an unborn kid, why not kill a 2 year old if he/she becomes inconvenient or a burden on the mother, or jeopardizes the mother's health by waking up at 3am?

Because a 2 year old is an autonomous living being that has already been born and is no longer dwelling inside the body of another person.

And that 2 year old can be given into care with any person in a variety of perfectly legal ways . The mother is not forced to keep a child and you cannot force her to keep a child.

But since you say an embryo is a person with all the rights of personhood that any adult has you then have to be for banning the freezing of embryos because you would not consent to freezing a 2 year old and they are both equivalent in your eyes.

Or are you saying that an embryo isn't really like a child that's already been born?

So tell me if we vote that all males at upon reaching puberty must give a sample of their DNA to the state so that the biological father of every fertilized ovum can have their wages garnished you'd be OK with that, correct?

Show me where in the Constitution or any state statute that a fertilized human ovum has all the rights of a born person.

And all persons have absolute dominion over their own bodies.
The Constitution doesn't differentiate and doesn't need to. A human being is a human being.
Again, women don't have dominion over their child's bodies, which is what abortion involves.

Forum List

Back