You may never eat sugar again after viewing this video

I consume very little sugar or starch. My diet is high on protein.
The sugar avoidance is great, too many don't even think about it. I take it you are keeping track of your carbs then. I'm just now starting to eliminate the high carb foods, first to go is bread and cereal, which can also be high in sugar. I love bread but so much of it is unhealthy.

The sugar avoidance is great, too many don't even think about it. I take it you are keeping track of your carbs then. I'm just now starting to eliminate the high carb foods, first to go is bread and cereal, which can also be high in sugar. I love bread but so much of it is unhealthy.

In food science, some fruits with a high sugar content actually prevent diabetes. Others bring it on. It pays to have a doctorate in nutrition and a sniffer that can detect baloney. :D

images
images
images
1679401171066.jpeg
1679401393785.jpeg
1679401995629.jpeg
1679401628298.jpeg
images
1679401851533.jpeg
1679401954963.jpeg
1679401450444.jpeg
1679402120025.jpeg

1679402313117.jpeg
1679402477046.jpeg
1679402554994.jpeg
1679402708762.jpeg
images
images
1679402926595.jpeg

Happy and Healthy Reading!!! (There are a lot more)​

Last edited:
What is the point of living if you cannot have sugar or bacon or egg or caffeine or 100 other things they tell us are bad for us and we should not eat?
If you want to be healthy, live longer, and be happy, as you begin reversing your lack of health into welness, your attitude may change about what happiness is.

I don't know why I like this guy, but he makes a lot of sense. Go to Youtube and put Dr. Berg into your star list. Otherwise, you're patting suffering/death on its back. You might call it an attitude adjustment for the better life of the you in you. :dunno:

If you want to be healthy, live longer, and be happy, as you begin reversing your lack of health into welness, your attitude may change about what happiness is.

I don't know why I like this guy, but he makes a lot of sense. Go to Youtube and put Dr. Berg into your star list. Otherwise, you're patting suffering/death on its back. You might call it an attitude adjustment for the better life of the you in you. :dunno:

I am 58, I have been a runner since I was 14. I have the heart and cholesterol of a healthy 30 year old. I eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it. I will be fine, without denying myself the things I like

Dr Berg is awesome.

What is the point of living if you cannot have sugar or bacon or egg or caffeine or 100 other things they tell us are bad for us and we should not eat?
bacon and egg now and then is health. Go to youtube, search for Dr. Eric Berg, and you'll see what I mean. Some things that are technically no-nos have other attributes that are on Dr. Berg's okay list. He lost a beloved relative to diabetes, and that lit his fire to fight the daylights out of that disease. He thinks of how other people can enjoy the people they love if the disease of diabetes is conquered by good sense in the kitchen. Please give him another chance, PLZ. THX.

A 24 pack of sugar contains 1.9 POUNDS of sugar.
Many soda drinkers drink 3-4 cans of soda a day. That is like going to the grocery store, buy 9 bags of sugar, and eating all of it - EVERY MONTH.

bacon and egg now and then is health.

I have bacon and eggs at least 5 days a week for breakfast.

Go to youtube, search for Dr. Eric Berg, and you'll see what I mean. Some things that are technically no-nos have other attributes that are on Dr. Berg's okay list. He lost a beloved relative to diabetes, and that lit his fire to fight the daylights out of that disease. He thinks of how other people can enjoy the people they love if the disease of diabetes is conquered by good sense in the kitchen. Please give him another chance, PLZ. THX.

I appreciate your concern, but I do not need someone telling me what to eat. It is all a crap shoot in the end. My step-father was the healthiest man I have ever known. He was a runner when they got married and did so till he moved the mountain had his own farm. He ate healthier than 99% of the country and ended up dying of cancer in 2/3 of his major organs.

A 24 pack of sugar contains 1.9 POUNDS of sugar.
Many soda drinkers drink 3-4 cans of soda a day. That is like going to the grocery store, buy 9 bags of sugar, and eating all of it - EVERY MONTH.

I am happy neither of my kids ever liked sodas. I drank the shit out of some when I was growing up.

Nobody will ever see you can't consume "any of it"
Eating 9 pounds of it a month - and that is just by drinking soda - is the problem.
Eating high salt/fat/sugary foods everyday is the problem.
I love a good cheeseburger. And I eat them. But I only eat 1 or 2 a month.
Moderation is, and has always been, the secret

Nobody will ever see you can't consume "any of it"
Eating 9 pounds of it a month - and that is just by drinking soda - is the problem.
Eating high salt/fat/sugary foods everyday is the problem.
I love a good cheeseburger. And I eat them. But I only eat 1 or 2 a month.
Moderation is, and has always been, the secret

So, just 3 pieces of bacon a day instead of 5?

I appreciate your concern, but I do not need someone telling me what to eat. It is all a crap shoot in the end. My step-father was the healthiest man I have ever known. He was a runner when they got married and did so till he moved the mountain had his own farm. He ate healthier than 99% of the country and ended up dying of cancer in 2/3 of his major organs.
Also - your own metabolism is not everyone else's.
I also have a fast metabolism. I am also 58, and my bloodwork is also about what an average 30 year old has. But we are not like most people.

Dr Berg is awesome.
Golfing Gator is not convinced. He sees no need for attitude adjustment, and it's a free country for your pick on not thinking about the moment of death that will terrify a family child into a downward spiral of sorrow and depression, longing to see him, but he's now six feet under because he didn't think of their happiness. :dunno: It's still a free country, but if politics keep us divided, I want to be free of maggots in the white house who spend and tax, spend, tax more, spend more, until nobody is free from the burden they put on the back of America's taxpayers, who has to be everybody to satisfy their every selfish thought of being richer than everyone else by getting rid of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We're closer than we know to the most expensive government ever--oligarchy, which means you have not one but many monarchs, greedily lusting for wealth for satisfying their "Ya gotta pick a pocket or two" mentality, rather than helping all members attain the American dream through hard work to help out their country, their associates and family members, and even their enemies. The 23rd Psalm says it best.

Last edited:
Golfing Gator is not convinced. He sees no need for attitude adjustment, and it's a free country for your pick on not thinking about the moment of death that will terrify a family child into a downward spiral of sorrow and depression, longing to see him, but he's now six feet under because he didn't think of their happiness. :dunno: It's still a free country, but if politics keep us divided, I want to be free of maggots in the white house who spend and tax, spend, tax more, spend more, until nobody is free from the burden they put on the back of America's taxpayers, who has to be everybody to satisfy their every selfish thought of being richer than everyone else by getting rid of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We're closer than we know to the most expensive government ever--oligarchy, which means you have not one but many monarchs, greedily lusting for wealth for satisfying their "Ya gotta pick a pocket or two" mentality, rather than helping all members attain the American dream through hard work to help out their country, their associates and family members, and even their enemies. The 23rd Psalm says it best.

I do not need someone to tell me how to be healthy. I know my body better than some dude on YouTube.

If you need someone to tell you what to think and what to eat and what do to, then I am happy you found someone to do that.

I do not have a need for such things.

Why do you keep equating running to health?

Food and soft drink companies would immediately see a jump in their profits if they cut the amount of sugar they put in. Makes you wonder why they don't do it, except to make artificial sugar products that are EVEN WORSE for you than sugar.
But they don't use sugar, Boo Boo; They use corn syrup.

Why do you keep equating running to health?

It helps to keep me healthy. It helps to maintain my weight, it controls my COPD, it keeps my resting heartrate in the low 50s, it keeps the arteries clean. It even helps my golf game!

Forum List

Back