You libs should turn on CNBC right now. You could learn something

The one auto company that REFUSED a govt bailout is being showcased. And yes they refused it. The CEO said no thanks we'll stay just as we are.

This is what self reliance and responsibility stands for.
Sounds like a bailout to me.

Rather than direct bailouts, Ford has been able to take advantage of several government-backed low interest loan programs like the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing program run by the Department of Energy to fund new vehicle development and factory retooling. Ford is also getting tax breaks and low interest loans from various states as well as other countries like the UK and Russia. At the same time, it has used profits earned in the past year to pay down higher interest debt earlier than planned. In doing so, Ford hopes to get back from junk bond status to investment grade by late 2011 or early 2012.

Report: Ford using government-backed loans to pay off debt

Do you even know what a govt backed loan is? How much money does a govt "backed" loan put out?

None, unless default occurs.

Idiots, the lot of ya

Do you even know what a govt backed loan is? How much money does a govt "backed" loan put out?

None, unless default occurs.

Idiots, the lot of ya

I certainly know what a government backed loan is. It is a loan that transfers the risk incurred by the bondholders to the government. This gives the company a lower interest rate than it otherwise would have. This is a bailout. Its no different than the government standing behind Freddie and Fannie loans.

Spin facts all ya want. Ford did it without taking the American people for a ride.

And Plasma contrary to what you think, this isnt a board game, Its a forum, a forum with many opinions. Spouting off yours does not mean you win anything, other than the delusion that you actually accomplished something.

The one auto company that REFUSED a govt bailout is being showcased. And yes they refused it. The CEO said no thanks we'll stay just as we are.

This is what self reliance and responsibility stands for.

Um..if you are talking about Ford..they were more then pleased by the bailout of GM. They've said that without that..Ford would have been affected adversely by a collapse of GM and Delta.

Of course you would know that if you'd follow the company instead of one off "gotchas" that makes you feel "superior".

I actually invested in Ford stock..and made a decent piece of change.

I invested primarily because on my trips to China and Croatia, I noticed alot of Ford models were on the road. They were and are making fuel efficient cars the world actually wants to buy.

The ONLY American non-government owned automaker left. GM is owned by the taxpayers and the labor unions. Chrysler is owned by the Italians.

If we ever need to buy another vehicle, that decision will be VERY easy. We already have a Ford truck (the ONLY truck worth owning), and have no intention of ever getting rid of it.

Yep - my husband was always a Chevy man, but no more, his Silvarado bites the dust (or maybe before it does) he's getting a Ford. He calls GM - Government Motors.

Forum List

Back