You Know You're a Wingnut When You Compare the NRA to Al Qaeda

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Recently in another thread, some wingnut made the following unbelievable statement:

I don't see a big difference between fundamentalists like the NRA and Al-Qaeda. The latter are just more intellectually honest than the former.

Now, consider the absurdity, the utter absurdity, of this nutty statement:

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not cut off the heads of people who oppose them.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not seek to arm people who support the overthrow of America and other democracies.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not seek to impose Sharia law on the whole world.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not disarm ordinary citizens in areas that it takes over; in fact, the NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, has never occupied and taken over one inch of anyone's soil.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not boost its income by selling women to sex trafficking rings, much less by operating such rings.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not seek to end all democratic elections.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, has never flown airliners into buildings in NYC and killed thousands of Americans.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, has never used IEDs or other weapons to kill American and European soldiers.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, holds votes to elect its leaders.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not call for the destruction of Israel.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not call for boycotting Israel (but AOC, Tlaib, and other anti-Semitic radicals do).

The list goes on and on and on.

We are facing a new generation of liberals who view traditional America as the enemy, as something to be ashamed of, as something to be destroyed. They view Americans who want to uphold the Second Amendment of the Constitution as dangerous fanatics akin to Al Qaeda. Perhaps these misguided souls would change their tune if they became prisoners of Al Qaeda and had a chance to see what real terrorists and terrorism look like.

Last edited:
I don't know which is worse -- the utter stupidity of the statement or the fact that when I think about who probably said it, I come up with a list of 50 names in a heartbeat.

Recently in another thread, some wingnut made the following unbelievable statement:

I don't see a big difference between fundamentalists like the NRA and Al-Qaeda. The latter are just more intellectually honest than the former.

Now, consider the absurdity, the utter absurdity, of this nutty statement:

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not cut off the heads of people who oppose them.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not seek to arm people who support the overthrow of America and other democracies.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not seek to impose Sharia law on the whole world.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not disarm ordinary citizens in areas that it takes over; in fact, the NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, has never occupied and taken over one inch of anyone's soil.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not boost its income by selling women to sex trafficking rings, much less by operating such rings.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not seek to end all democratic elections.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, has never flown airliners into buildings in NYC and killed thousands of Americans.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, has never used IEDs or other weapons to kill American and European soldiers.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, holds votes to elect its leaders.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not call for the destruction of Israel.

* The NRA, unlike Al Qaeda, does not call for boycotting Israel (but AOC, Tlaib, and other anti-Semitic radicals do).

The list goes on and on and on.

We are facing a new generation of liberals who view traditional America as the enemy, as something to be ashamed of, as something to be destroyed. They view Americans who want to uphold the Second Amendment of the Constitution as dangerous fanatics akin to Al Qaeda. Perhaps these misguided souls would change their tune if they became prisoners of Al Qaeda and had a chance to see what real terrorists and terrorism look like.

Its a dumb comparison.

Al Queda and the KKK are pretty much the same thing. Of Course the KKK and the NRA have at least one thing in common; they support your blob.

Many of you will hate this statement but it has to be said.

Al Qaeda has no power in DC or any State in the country.

The NRA has mega power in DC and varrying degrees of power in every individual state.
The money the NRA donates to politicians mutes all of our voices to some degree.

The NRA has mega power in DC and varrying degrees of power in every individual state.
The money the NRA donates to politicians mutes all of our voices to some degree.

I disagree with the NRA on many things, but the money they spread around doesn't mute our voices, it magnifies them. Were it not for the NRA the gun control proponents would be signing the document that abolished the 2nd Amendment right now. Even with these horrific crimes, that won't be happening soon.

I disagree with the NRA on many things, but the money they spread around doesn't mute our voices, it magnifies them. Were it not for the NRA the gun control proponents would be signing the document that abolished the 2nd Amendment right now. Even with these horrific crimes, that won't be happening soon.
They magnify your voice as a gun owner. I am not a gun owner.

My point was that the money corporations and organizations give to the government severely mute our voices.

And I do think Citizens United was a terrible mistake.

Get the money out of politics and our voices will have a much larger impact

The NRA cost us roads, bridges, education, housing and much much more with their lawsuits that they lost in 2013. They spent millions in litigation which the state had to match dollar for dollar. And, in the end, nothing came of it. The good news is, the NRA lawsuits stopped and the NRA got into financial difficulty after that. And the State of Colorado ended up getting much stronger over it. But it did have one bad side affect. It helped to turn Colorado from a Purple state to a Blue state. The NRA isn't too popular in this state anymore. All the good it has done and can do was wiped out.

The NRA kills more people in this country than AlQaeda

That's a lie. Not only a lie, but a stupid lie. I don't see a link supporting that stupid statement.
Don't forget to count the number of times guns protect lives from criminal attacks.

Not nearly as many guns that have been taken off armed citizens by criminals. Citizens without the proper training and mindsets are more of a danger to others around them and themselves than they are to the criminals. If you think otherwise, stop watching so many movies.

Al Queda and the KKK are pretty much the same thing. Of Course the KKK and the NRA have at least one thing in common; they support your blob.

One, no one is talking about the KKK. Two, the KKK is tiny, fringe group that no one takes seriously. The point is that it is obscene and absurd to suggest that the NRA bears any resemblance to Al Qaeda.

That's a lie. Not only a lie, but a stupid lie. I don't see a link supporting that stupid statement.
Don't forget to count the number of times guns protect lives from criminal attacks.

Not nearly as many guns that have been taken off armed citizens by criminals. Citizens without the proper training and mindsets are more of a danger to others around them and themselves than they are to the criminals. If you think otherwise, stop watching so many movies.
LIAR!! Armed citizens stop crime. I can post 20 links like this one, show a few backing up your claim.
Any Study Of 'Gun Violence' Should Include How Guns Save Lives
"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

One, no one is talking about the KKK. Two, the KKK is tiny, fringe group that no one takes seriously. The point is that it is obscene and absurd to suggest that the NRA bears any resemblance to Al Qaeda.

I made no such claim. I did state that the KKK and the NRA both support the blob who embraces the bizarre values of each.

I made no such claim. I did state that the KKK and the NRA both support the blob who embraces the bizarre values of each.

No

LIAR!! Armed citizens stop crime. I can post 20 links like this one, show a few backing up your claim.
Any Study Of 'Gun Violence' Should Include How Guns Save Lives
"Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

And you are going to use Klek as the source for the data. Klek has already been debunked. His data is so out of proportion that it's right up there with being hit by a meteor in comparison. He lied to promote his own agenda. Come up with a difference source. Of course, every other source you come up with, sooner or later, revolves right back to one source from one man and that is Klek. I know of a couple of charltons that have made a living out of this false source.

Forum List

Back