You Know Things Are Changing When

So why does on type of commerce apply to public accommodation and one doesn’t?

You keep acting like there’s a significant difference but refuse to explain the rationale.

There probably isn’t a rationale

Point of sale, invited onto a person's property for the transaction to occur. Non custom, no issue with "endorsing" anything.

A contracted service or item that is for a specific event is far different, and involves endorsement of said event. In the eyes of the people in question.

It's amazing that the left can't even compromise on something like this. It's all or nothing for you Authoritarian controlling freaks.

Point of sale, invited onto a person's property for the transaction to occur. Non custom, no issue with "endorsing" anything.

A contracted service or item that is for a specific event is far different, and involves endorsement of said event. In the eyes of the people in question.

It's amazing that the left can't even compromise on something like this. It's all or nothing for you Authoritarian controlling freaks.
Nonsense. One could just as easily say a point of sale transaction endorses the individual or event or whatever you have your panties in a bunch over.

Don’t you agree?

Nonsense. One could just as easily say a point of sale transaction endorses the individual or event or whatever you have your panties in a bunch over.

Don’t you agree?

I draw the line at contracted services vs. point of sale, which the bakers in these cases also draw the line.

They are the ones, like me, being reasonable.

Your side wants to ruin them for wrong think.

Looking for answers, not excuses.

Antiquity slavery was more like serfdom than our post modern chattel slavery.
You can say whatever you want, it was still chattel slavery since the slaves were property.

You don’t want to admit it, so you come up with excuses, like blaming translation without having any actual substantiation for the allegation.

You can say whatever you want, it was still chattel slavery since the slaves were property.

You don’t want to admit it, so you come up with excuses, like blaming translation without having any actual substantiation for the allegation.

Nope. Chattel slavery is a pre-modern concept, not antiquity slavery, nor serfdom.

I draw the line at contracted services vs. point of sale, which the bakers in these cases also draw the line.

They are the ones, like me, being reasonable.

Your side wants to ruin them for wrong think.
You draw arbitrary lines, with no rationale. I don’t.

Nope. Chattel slavery is a pre-modern concept, not antiquity slavery, nor serfdom.
A rose by any other name.

It was chattel slavery back then even if they didn’t have a word for it. They were property. The Bible says it. That’s what chattel means.

Give it up. You lost. It’s okay.

You draw arbitrary lines, with no rationale. I don’t.

Not arbitrary at all.

Best example I have is of a Hotel. The Hotel shouldn't deny rooms to people for any reason, but can disagree to host a same sex wedding if it so chooses.

So if the wedding was offsite, they couldn't deny rooms to same sex couples.

A rose by any other name.

It was chattel slavery back then even if they didn’t have a word for it. They were property. The Bible says it. That’s what chattel means.

Give it up. You lost. It’s okay.

Again, to me it's a translation thing. Roman slavery was the thing at the time of Jesus, and Roman slavery was class slavery.

I didn't lose. we are talking nuances here and differences of opinion.

Except when it comes to the Second Amendment.
It's a matter of perspective.

Gun Control
The Second Amendment provides: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

ACLU Position
Given the reference to “a well regulated Militia” and “the security of a free State,” the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right. For seven decades, the Supreme Court’s 1939 decision in United States v. Miller was widely understood to have endorsed that view.

In striking down Washington D.C.’s handgun ban by a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court’s decision in D.C. v. Heller held for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to keep and bear arms, whether or not associated with a state militia. The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court’s conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment. However, particular federal or state laws on licensing, registration, prohibition, or other regulation of the manufacture, shipment, sale, purchase or possession of guns may raise civil liberties questions.

Forum List

Back