You know it's a scandal: Subpoenas flying - Squealing for immunity

Christie should do exactly what the mulatto messiah and his boy holder did in the fast and furious investigations. Stonewall, claim executive privilege for documents and mislead. If it's good enough for maobama should be good enough for Christie.

Can you discuss any subject without using it to insult the President?
NO. Normally the OFFICE deserves resect...And it does. This current occupant does not. He's lowered the Office into criminality. You like criminals do you? You must. YOU applaud and defend the criminality. You or either stupid or complicit. Which is it?

I agree, Obama does not deserve resect.

Nice squirm there, Ilar.

Moving on since we are never going to agree and it isn't worth wasting time over let's discuss this apparent "lack of evidence" instead.

1. Christie has lawyered up with the absolute best that the NJ taxpayers can afford.

2. Bridget Kelly is not a credible ring leader.

3. Wildstein is looking for immunity meaning that he has something to deal in order to obtain it.

4. Christie claimed not to have had any contact with Wildstein and yet on Day 3 of the shutdown a photo has surfaced showing the two of them together.

5. Why did Christie not question Kelly before he fired her?

6. What about the hard physical evidence of Christie enacting retribution against the mayors of Jersey City and Hoboken?

No squirm at all. Your false label simply carries no weight.

I said no deaths were associated with the Bridgegate (II) Scandal. I remain correct. YOUR contention is the one that was not supported. The fault lies not in the stars. It lies in your willingness to say stuff absent valid proof.
She died and it was associated with the GWB traffic debacle. End of story. Period.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/17/nyregion/christie-bridge-inquiry.html?_r=0

TRENTON — As the New Jersey Assembly voted unanimously on Thursday to authorize an investigation into abuses of power by Gov. Chris Christie’s administration, Mr. Christie seemed to be maneuvering against the inquiry, hiring a high-powered defense lawyer and resisting questions about whether he would cooperate with the Legislature’s efforts.

Christie admitted that he never questioned the alleged ringleader of the GWB shutdown prior to firing her. That says that Christie already knew everything that she knew about it. Ergo she never lied to him as Christie alleged in the press conference.

If she was the ringleader then what was her motive? To impress her boss would be the most obvious one. That would mean that she would have gone to him and told him what she had done which means that Christie is lying about not knowing anything about this.

Either way Christie is implicated. In order to gain immunity you have to offer the authorities something of value. What he has is still speculative but he obviously has something or his lawyer would be looking to cop a plea instead. Misdirection. It goes to the credibility of Christie in the news conference. He said that he hadn't seen Wildstein and yet there is hard evidence that he did. I never said that he didn't question Wildstein. I said that he didn't question Kelly.
what about that alleged "hard" evidence? A couple of politicians SAY some shit and THAT constitutes "hard" "evidence?'
The hard evidence is in the form of emails.
I personally don't care all that much. I do not live in NJ and I am not a Christie supporter, in any event. If he goes down, in terms of the GOP's future Presidential nominee, I am actually pleased. What I DON'T like is the orchestration of a smear campaign by the liberal Democratics which comes BEFORE there IS any actual hard evidence.

The hard evidence already exists. Denying that it exists doesn't make it go away and turn this into a "smear campaign".

The irony here is that this is entirely self inflicted by Christie. Either he did it or he fostered it but it is a mistake on his part and it is going to delay his ambitions for the WH by at least 4 years in my opinion.

Ha. Pretty much the entirety of your post stands for the simple proposition that you presume Governor Chris Christie is "guilty."

He might be. I don't know. Frankly, so far, I have not seen evidence along the lines of a so-called smoking gun. Neither have you.

You presume guilt because, politically, you prefer things that way when it comes to almost any government official whose name is followed by the parenthetical "R."

By contrast I FULLY endorse the fact that "subpoenas" are "flying." They damn well should be. The NJ Legislative Branch is (for whatever set of reasons) doing the right thing here.

I hope the investigation is full, unfettered and tireless. In terms of the outcome, I am MORE than happy with it regardless of what it shows provided that it reveals the actual truth. If Chrispy Cream had a hand in the political manipulation of the GWB lane closures, bounce his fat ass out of office for all I care. if he was truly not involved and not aware of the political basis for that stupid move, however, then a full, fair open investigation might actually be in HIS own political interest.

Let those chips fall wherever they may.

But for all of those (like you Derideo_Te) who are rushing to judgment and pre-judgment, I am content to call "bullshit." :cool:

Last edited:
And how many times to I have to point out that was before all the facts came out, and it was learned that Liberal groups were investigated more than teabagger groups?

How many times, retard?

No they weren't.

On June 27, 2013, responding to letters from Rep. Sander Levin, the ranking member on the Ways and Means Committee, Inspector General J. Russell George's office released a letter to Levin about the scrutiny of groups with "progressive" in their names.

Last time I looked at a calendar, June came before August. :lol:

So?
Are you referring to the blame game spin the left did in August?

Nice squirm there, Ilar.

Moving on since we are never going to agree and it isn't worth wasting time over let's discuss this apparent "lack of evidence" instead.

1. Christie has lawyered up with the absolute best that the NJ taxpayers can afford.

2. Bridget Kelly is not a credible ring leader.

3. Wildstein is looking for immunity meaning that he has something to deal in order to obtain it.

4. Christie claimed not to have had any contact with Wildstein and yet on Day 3 of the shutdown a photo has surfaced showing the two of them together.

5. Why did Christie not question Kelly before he fired her?

6. What about the hard physical evidence of Christie enacting retribution against the mayors of Jersey City and Hoboken?

you do realize the state, in investigating this, has also hired the best lawyers the taxpayers can afford.

do you have a problem with that?

The state hired lawyer is working for a paltry $350/hr. That is less than a partner in a law firm would earn here in NJ.

link?

and do link up to where tax payers will pay his legal bills.

thanks.

No squirm at all. Your false label simply carries no weight.

I said no deaths were associated with the Bridgegate (II) Scandal. I remain correct. YOUR contention is the one that was not supported. The fault lies not in the stars. It lies in your willingness to say stuff absent valid proof.
She died and it was associated with the GWB traffic debacle. End of story. Period.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/17/nyregion/christie-bridge-inquiry.html?_r=0

TRENTON — As the New Jersey Assembly voted unanimously on Thursday to authorize an investigation into abuses of power by Gov. Chris Christie’s administration, Mr. Christie seemed to be maneuvering against the inquiry, hiring a high-powered defense lawyer and resisting questions about whether he would cooperate with the Legislature’s efforts.

Christie admitted that he never questioned the alleged ringleader of the GWB shutdown prior to firing her. That says that Christie already knew everything that she knew about it. Ergo she never lied to him as Christie alleged in the press conference.

If she was the ringleader then what was her motive? To impress her boss would be the most obvious one. That would mean that she would have gone to him and told him what she had done which means that Christie is lying about not knowing anything about this.

Either way Christie is implicated. In order to gain immunity you have to offer the authorities something of value. What he has is still speculative but he obviously has something or his lawyer would be looking to cop a plea instead. Misdirection. It goes to the credibility of Christie in the news conference. He said that he hadn't seen Wildstein and yet there is hard evidence that he did. I never said that he didn't question Wildstein. I said that he didn't question Kelly. The hard evidence is in the form of emails.
I personally don't care all that much. I do not live in NJ and I am not a Christie supporter, in any event. If he goes down, in terms of the GOP's future Presidential nominee, I am actually pleased. What I DON'T like is the orchestration of a smear campaign by the liberal Democratics which comes BEFORE there IS any actual hard evidence.

The hard evidence already exists. Denying that it exists doesn't make it go away and turn this into a "smear campaign".

The irony here is that this is entirely self inflicted by Christie. Either he did it or he fostered it but it is a mistake on his part and it is going to delay his ambitions for the WH by at least 4 years in my opinion.

Ha. Pretty much the entirety of your post stands for the simple proposition that you presume Governor Chris Christie is "guilty."

He might be. I don't know. Frankly, so far, I have not seen evidence along the lines of a so-called smoking gun. Neither have you.

You presume guilt because, politically, you prefer things that way when it comes to almost any government official whose name is followed by the parenthetical "R."

By contrast I FULLY endorse the fact that "subpoenas" are "flying." They damn well should be. The NJ Legislative Branch is (for whatever set of reasons) doing the right thing here.

I hope the investigation is full, unfettered and tireless. In terms of the outcome, I am MORE than happy with it regardless of what it shows provided that it reveals the actual truth. If Chrispy Cream had a hand in the political manipulation of the GWB lane closures, bounce his fat ass out of office for all I care. if he was truly not involved and not aware of the political basis for that stupid move, however, then a full, fair open investigation might actually be in HIS own political interest.

Let those chips fall wherever they may.

But for all of those (like you Derideo_Te) who are rushing to judgment and pre-judgment, I am content to call "bullshit." :cool:

Tut, tut, I expected better of you than that squirm, Ilar. When faced with the facts that you cannot refute you chose to make false allegations about me instead. In case you have forgotten I firmly supported Christie being the GOP candidate for 2016 prior to this scandal.

I have made no presumption of guilt. Instead I am simply looking at the hard evidence as it currently stands. Given what is out there now and the number of investigations by various agencies this is a major setback for 2016. He will probably not be out from under this and have it far enough in the past before 2020.

So let's just do a quick recap. There is already hard evidence so this is not a media nor a Dem attempt to derail Christie. He has hired a top notch defense attorney and he will be dealing with at least 5 investigations by the various agencies involved. As such it will be ongoing for a considerable time and that will seriously handicap his chances in 2016 irrespective of his actual involvement.

Someone evidently did something wrong -- and the justified investigation yielding subpoenas IS likely to get some of the recipients of the subpoenas to wish for, seek or demand "immunity."

But that still does not mean that Chrispy Cream was involved.

Sorry rderp.

Your faux analysis is as dopey and hackneyed as always.

Right, all of these people, 17 of them who are subpoenaed, just think this governor is their mushroom: the feed him shit and keep him in the dark.

You know NOTHING about New Jersey. The only place more corrupt is New Orleans.

you do realize the state, in investigating this, has also hired the best lawyers the taxpayers can afford.

do you have a problem with that?

The state hired lawyer is working for a paltry $350/hr. That is less than a partner in a law firm would earn here in NJ.

link?

thanks.

They will pay his legal fees as part of the investigations since these are related to his job as Governor, Yurt. If there are any subsequent indictments, and right now there are none, then Christie will become liable for his own personal legal fees. But in the meantime the lawyer he has hired is defending the Governor of the state of NJ and therefore that is a taxpayer expense.

Can you discuss any subject without using it to insult the President?
NO. Normally the OFFICE deserves resect...And it does. This current occupant does not. He's lowered the Office into criminality. You like criminals do you? You must. YOU applaud and defend the criminality. You or either stupid or complicit. Which is it?

I agree, Obama does not deserve resect.
NOR respect, eh cumquat?

link?

thanks.

They will pay his legal fees as part of the investigations since these are related to his job as Governor, Yurt. If there are any subsequent indictments, and right now there are none, then Christie will become liable for his own personal legal fees. But in the meantime the lawyer he has hired is defending the Governor of the state of NJ and therefore that is a taxpayer expense.

that is what i assumed, however, christie spokesman didn't say who would be paying the legal fees.

Tut, tut, I expected better of you than that squirm, Ilar. When faced with the facts that you cannot refute you chose to make false allegations about me instead. In case you have forgotten I firmly supported Christie being the GOP candidate for 2016 prior to this scandal.

I have made no presumption of guilt. Instead I am simply looking at the hard evidence as it currently stands. Given what is out there now and the number of investigations by various agencies this is a major setback for 2016. He will probably not be out from under this and have it far enough in the past before 2020.

So let's just do a quick recap. There is already hard evidence so this is not a media nor a Dem attempt to derail Christie. He has hired a top notch defense attorney and he will be dealing with at least 5 investigations by the various agencies involved. As such it will be ongoing for a considerable time and that will seriously handicap his chances in 2016 irrespective of his actual involvement.

I don't understand why you keep on going back to the, "He hired a top notch lawyer," angle. This doesn't prove anything. Anybody with any sense in high level politics would immediately lawyer up in a big controversy because even if you are innocent the opposite party has every reason to nail you to the wall.

Beyond that, I don't particularly disagree with you, but using the fact that an accused person has a lawyer as proof of their guilt is silly.

Oh, and you also keep mentioning the, "Somebody is trying to cut a deal," angle. Again, this is common place, and the person trying to cut the deal has a big incentive to lie.

The point is that there is a lot of evidence tying this to upper level Christie officials and significant evidence making it appear as if Christie is lying about the situation, but the lawyer and the deal don't prove anything.

Last edited:
Obama didn't seal any records. King me!

What was that, wiseguy?

Obama Admin Seals Records of Murdered Border Patrol Agent Implicated in Fast and Furious | The Weekly Standard

This one's going, going and GONE.

dddbqd.gif

That's the records of that border agent. I'm sure his family appreciates the concern for his privacy.

Next you're gonna tell me that he was killed by one of these guns! :lol:

Actually if you didn't have your head so far up your backside, you'd know that he WAS killed by one of those guns.

Jaime Avila Jr. pleaded guilty in federal court to conspiracy and dealing guns without a federal license.

The 25-year-old Avila bought two rifles found at the scene of the fatal shooting of Agent Brian Terry north of the Arizona-Mexico border.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...furious-terry-death-gets-57-months-in-prison/

Last edited:

I don't understand why you keep on going back to the, "He hired a top notch lawyer," angle. This doesn't prove anything. Anybody with any sense in high level politics would immediately lawyer up in a big controversy because even if you are innocent the opposite party has every reason to nail you to the wall.

Beyond that, I don't particularly disagree with you, but using the fact that an accused person has a lawyer as proof of their guilt is silly.

Oh, and you also keep mentioning the, "Somebody is trying to cut a deal," angle. Again, this is common place, and the person trying to cut the deal has a big incentive to lie.

The point is that there is a lot of evidence tying this to upper level Christie officials and significant evidence making it appear as if Christie is lying about the situation, but the lawyer and the deal don't prove anything.

The rightwing defenders of Christie have used several tactics to downplay this scandal. They have claimed that it is "just a traffic jam", the Dems are out to get Christie and the hoary old "Blame the MSM" chestnut. Then there are the deflections to IRS, Benghazi and F&F. Given all of that there needed to be some way to focus on just what is actually at stake here.

The defense lawyer emphasizes the seriousness of the investigations. As far as using lies to obtain immunity the authorities won't grant it without corroboration of the testimony. What you might be missing here is that this is shaping up into an adversarial situation between Christie and his former staff members. If they were all singing from the same songbook then this would be a storm in a teacup. But instead we see fissures and battle lines being drawn.

The rightwing defenders of Christie have used several tactics to downplay this scandal. They have claimed that it is "just a traffic jam", the Dems are out to get Christie and the hoary old "Blame the MSM" chestnut. Then there are the deflections to IRS, Benghazi and F&F. Given all of that there needed to be some way to focus on just what is actually at stake here.

The defense lawyer emphasizes the seriousness of the investigations. As far as using lies to obtain immunity the authorities won't grant it without corroboration of the testimony. What you might be missing here is that this is shaping up into an adversarial situation between Christie and his former staff members. If they were all singing from the same songbook then this would be a storm in a teacup. But instead we see fissures and battle lines being drawn.

he would be a fool to not hire the best. when you're up against the government in a huge investigation like this, hiring mediocre would be insane.

drip...drip...drip...

NJ Mayors: Was Christie Getting Revenge on Me, Too?

*snip*

In Jersey City, Mayor Steven Fulop recently disclosed that the Christie administration cancelled several meetings — the day after he refused to endorse the Governor.

In Elizabeth, Chris Bollwage, who has been the mayor for 21 years, says his city has gotten payback from Christie after its state legislators opposed several pieces of the Governor's legislation.

“The Governor's retribution was to close down the Division of Motor vehicles here in the city of Elizabeth, which is the fourth largest city in the state of New Jersey,” Bollwage said.

*snip*

In Elizabeth, Mayor Bollwage says he's been wondering what the Democratic mayors who did endorse Christie are getting out of it.

“I said back then, it's only going to be shown when this budget cycle comes around. Who benefits in this budget and who gets hurt in this budget," Bollwage said. “But the GWB fiasco has really taken away the ability for political retribution.”

Now, Bollwage says Christie's budget, and political relationships, are going to be under a microscope.

Reposting this from the other thread:

Samson, (remember that name) former Christie campaign counsel -- and current Port Authority head appointed by CC has hired a top notch lawyer. Here's a name y'all will remember: Michael Chertoff.

Yup, former Homeland Security Secretary under Bush. Heck of a job, Sammy.

Reporting today in NJ.com:

Port Authority chairman hires former Homeland Security chief as attorney in GWB scandal | NJ.com

Smoking emails:

"The New York side gave Fort Lee back all three lanes this morning," Wildstein wrote to Kelly that Friday, Sept. 13. "We are appropriately going nuts. Samson helping us to retaliate."

Chris Christie bridge scandal: Documents show Port Authority chairman blasting executive director | NJ.com

Oh, and there's this: "Samson's law firm, Wolff & Samson, was drawn into a broadening discussion of the lane closures and other recent developments when Hoboken mayor Dawn Zimmer said she was pressured to expedite a development project represented by Samson's firm."

UPDATED: Christie bridge scandal: N.J. Assembly panel releases full subpoena list, including governor's office | NJ.com

TRENTON — The state Assembly committee investigating the George Washington Bridge scandal released the list of names of the 18 high-level Port Authority and Christie administration officials and two offices that received subpoenas within the last 24 hours.

Official at center of Christie Bridgegate scandal says he'll talk if prosecutors give him IMMUNITY

In it, former deputy chief of staff Bridget Kelly – publicly fired last week by Gov. Christie – wrote Wildstein that it was 'time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,' a New Jersey town where morning commuters enter the busy George Washington Bridge.
'Got it,' replied Wildstein in the email.
The result was a four-day rearrangement of traffic cones on the bridge's entry tollgates, choking off the flow of cars from Fort Lee and bringing the town to a standstill for hours on end.

------------------------

I wonder how hilarious the parents of six and seven year old children sat in traffic for four hours thought the joke was? You think they are still laughing?

You would think after years of Republicans spending millions on so called Obama scandals, they would have something. Anything. Crispie's scandal is a real scandal. No matter how much Republicans try to minimize the danger it put tens of thousands of real and regular Americans in. How many Americans are Republicans willing to hurt to "get Obama"?

Thangod it was turned over to a Prosecutor :mad:

Christie should do exactly what the mulatto messiah and his boy holder did in the fast and furious investigations. Stonewall, claim executive privilege for documents and mislead. If it's good enough for maobama should be good enough for Christie.

Love honest right wingers telling us exactly how they feel. When you point out right wing racism, USMB conservatives become outraged. "Oh, they don't speak for us". Only they do.

Antares is the same as that assclown. I think its about time Antares :up: went on the rw racist ignore list :)

As to the OP, yeah, the busiest bridge in the world being willfully brought to a crawl is, in one rw'ers words in this thread, "just about traffic cones" :rolleyes:

Innocent people don't demand immunity for their actions.

Sure, and innocent presidents don't seal records pertaining to Fast and Furious either.

Checkmate.
Obama didn't seal any records. King me!

This is what he did and it is about the same thing. Mate

executive privilege

The principle that members of the executive branch of government cannot legally be forced to disclose their confidential communications when such disclosure would adversely affect the operations or procedures of the executive branch.

it was just a traffic jam. it was illegal, but it was just a traffic jam nonetheless....

Love honest right wingers telling us exactly how they feel. When you point out right wing racism, USMB conservatives become outraged. "Oh, they don't speak for us". Only they do.

Antares is the same as that assclown. I think its about time Antares :up: went on the rw racist ignore list :)

As to the OP, yeah, the busiest bridge in the world being willfully brought to a crawl is, in one rw'ers words in this thread, "just about traffic cones" :rolleyes:
Just as it is time for YOU to go on mine...Assclown...now don't cry...I might see you from time to time.

*Bye Shitstain*

Forum List

Back