Yikes: McCarthy & Taylor-Greene warn telecom companies not to turn over Jan 6 phone records

And let me guess: Trumpsters are the ones who decide what "kangaroo investigations" are.

Too bad. This investigation is moving forward, and if they legally get those phone records, we'll see what happens.

We already know the Trumpsters will call it all "fake news" anyway, since that's their only response.
Let me guess, anti-Trumpers decide that their own biased investigations are legit

Its so odd watching you Trumpers during all of this. You supported the rioters, believe the Big Lie 100%, and heap praise on the liars still spreading the big lie. But no no no there is nothing to find in an investigation. Just a witch hunt! No insurrection, just a protest!
Well, you've got several things wrong there. For one, I am not a Trumper.

I do not support summer rioters from the left and I do not support Jan 6th rioters. Why do you support summer rioters?

Not sure what you are referring to as the big lie. Was it the left claiming that Trump colluded with the Russians to influence the election? Was it the leftists who questioned the 2016 election results for four years?

If congressional Republicans have reason to believe that one or more Democrats were engaged in a criminal activity, they are more than welcome to conduct an investigation and subpoena records.

Everybody in congress? Please, subpoenas don't work that way. They are typically narrow in their scope and based on probable cause.

Bullshit because this has nothing to do with probable cause, it has to do with a witch hunt with zero evidence to support it. What they are asking the companies to do is preserve (not erase) records for their political enemies only. If they don't have them freeze all, then when Republicans do get in, the evidence against them will be erased.

We need two countries and it can't happen fast enough. The left is getting more Nazi like every single day, and it makes no sense to have one country anymore. We need to have two countries so we don't have to deal with each other.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the American people want to know WTF happened on 1/6. We know at this point that McCarthy has lied about his phone calls with Trump, Jordon has lied about his phone calls with Trump, and we need to know what coordination went on between Q-Kooks like Greene & Boebert with Proud Boys, Q-Kooks and militia goons.

We already know.

Therefore it's clear this is nothing more than a dog and pony show as we stated repeatedly.

Interesting. I wonder why they would be worried about such a thing. It was just a tour that got a little rowdy!

Any guesses?

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) have warned telecommunications companies against sharing information with the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) joined House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in threatening telecommunications companies that comply with a records request from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday. Greene is pictured after a press conference outside the Capitol in Washington, D.C. on August 23, 2021.

McCarthy and Greene on Tuesday both suggested that the companies would face repercussions for complying with the committee's request for data once Republicans are in control of the government. The committee asked 35 telecommunications and social media companies to supply it with the records on Monday.

Some of the requested records pertain to Greene and other Republican members of Congress who were involved in the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally supporting former President Donald Trump's false claims that he "won" the 2020 election, according to CNN. Shortly after the rally, the Capitol was breached by rioters who claimed that Trump was a victim of election fraud.
It's a violation of the 4th amendment, you dumb turd.

Forum List

Back