YES! We did it! Senate (R) Leader McConnell tells Texas Senator Cornyn to FIND AND PASS A BILL for GUN CONTROL

Exclusive: McConnell says he has directed Cornyn to engage with Democrats on a ‘bipartisan solution’ on gun violence​

“I met with Senator Cornyn this morning. As you know he went home yesterday to see the family members and begin the fact finding of this awful massacre and I have encouraged him to talk with Sen. Murphy and Sen. Sinema and others who are interested in trying to get an outcome that is directly related to the problem. I am hopeful that we could come up with a bipartisan solution,” McConnell told CNN.

THANK YOU for coming together to get something passed. ANYTHING is better than nothing. Please ban assault weapons.

Thoughts?
Afrench? Is that you?

Just like everything the dems do.
I should have seen what McConnell's scam would be. Militarize the schools with armed guards that turn them into warzones.

But wait! I as a Canadian would be supportive of the idea. It might not hurt to try and the experiment can only be at America's cost. Something has to be done and maybe it's up to the Democrats to break the logjam.

It certainly could be said that the Democrats are causing more deaths of children by not compromising and allowed the schools to be militarized.

Then maybe after that fails, maybe the real cause can be addressed and acted upon. (see my other posts)

Exclusive: McConnell says he has directed Cornyn to engage with Democrats on a ‘bipartisan solution’ on gun violence​

“I met with Senator Cornyn this morning. As you know he went home yesterday to see the family members and begin the fact finding of this awful massacre and I have encouraged him to talk with Sen. Murphy and Sen. Sinema and others who are interested in trying to get an outcome that is directly related to the problem. I am hopeful that we could come up with a bipartisan solution,” McConnell told CNN.

THANK YOU for coming together to get something passed. ANYTHING is better than nothing. Please ban assault weapons.

Thoughts?
One: Anything is just plain stupid. That's the problem with the left. They are willing to pass "anything", even if it does absolutely nothing (except usurp law abiding American's 2A rights). But, the fact that we did anything pleases the left do know that they did something even if that something does nothing.

Two: Republicans have ALWAYS been in favor of addressing the real problem. But, the problem is, Democrats want to just pass things willy nilly that don't actually address the real problem (see the above paragraph). Your excitement ignores the fact that McConnell and the Republicans are willing to talk about bipartisan solutions that would actually work when all Democrats want to do is throw as much mud at the wall as they can and see if any of it sticks. The fact is, out of all of the "common sense" gun control proposals there are, pretty much none of them would have stopped any of the mass shootings we have had. But, that's where your "anything" comes in. Pass a bunch of anythings that restrict the 2A rights of law abiding citizens with the end result being more mass shootings because none of these proposals would have prevented most of the mass shootings we have had. Another thing is, the left mistakenly believe that if we had a ban on assault weapons, a mass shooting where assault weapons were used, would not have happened. It would have probably happened anyway.

Three: Democrats need to realize gun control laws will not stop criminals from getting guns because the criminals don't obey laws and will just steal guns anyway. Most criminals get their guns by stealing them.

Meanwhile back in reality....

The GOP has run Texas for nearly 30 years...no democrat has been elected state wide in the entire state for nearly that long.

They still have "gun free" zones in Texas.

But you will still continue to blame the Democrats, right?
Gun-free school zones, airports, and government buildings, is a federal law.
:dunno:

Warzones? Who would be making war against the schools?
American shooters whose outlet wasn't fulfilled by another war in which America isn't just using a proxy to fight on their behalf. The message must be clear by now to even the most ignorant Todd.

American shooters whose outlet wasn't fulfilled by another war in which America isn't just using a proxy to fight on their behalf. The message must be clear by now to even the most ignorant Todd.

So you don't like the idea that defensive shooters would be protecting those schools?

Thoughts?

Oh good, there will be no more massacres then.

Thoughts?
Or Moscow Mitch could pick up the house-passed bill that has been rotting on his otherwise unused desk for 3 years.

Exclusive: McConnell says he has directed Cornyn to engage with Democrats on a ‘bipartisan solution’ on gun violence
Thoughts?

You are worse than an idiot. The solution to gun violence is to undo 50 years of the societal damage your progressive liberalism has wrought! Congress cannot make up a bill that will just somehow magically make violence go away, especially in the culture which you people have created!

Assault weapons are already long banned, imbecile, since the 1920s really. None of the rifles used are any different from most any ordinary rifle except bolt actions.

No anti-gun measure will pass, and even if it did, the people of this country will never turn in their guns. Dream on fly boy. This was tried in NYS a few years back and even the police said to go get stuffed. You don't want to stop school shootings, you just want to grab people's lawful guns.

So you don't like the idea that defensive shooters would be protecting those schools?
You're not paying attention. I've said that I think the idea must be tried at least.

But of course from a Canadian POV, the idea is extremely unsavory in that extreme measures are needed now in America to at least try to lessen the slaughter.

By now even you must know my opinion on what is causing the problem of gun violence against little children.

Forum List

Back