Yes, trump should be called to testify before the Select Committee

Its' an article of faith. They don't need investigations or evidence. They don't need to prove anything, they simply believe it, and that's enough for them.
true. reality and facts tend not to matter to the dems

Another lefitst liar.

I called for the arrest of everyone who went into the Capital whether they were a Republican, a Trump supporter or not you stupid lying fuck.

The point is that YOU did not do the same for the leftist insurrectionists from antifa, BLM and the others and neither did your party for the insurrectionists who attacked US cities all last summer.

You are your party are traitors who committed treason and supported insurrectionists.

I didn't, fuck you lying sack of shit
Members of Congress, staffers, and even Capital Police, held doors open and waved people in. They weren't traspassing when they walked in.

Some became trespassers when they crossed locked or blocked boundaries. Those should be arrested.

Members of Congress, staffers, and even Capital Police, held doors open and waved people in. They weren't traspassing when they walked in.

Some became trespassers when they crossed locked or blocked boundaries. Those should be arrested.

They were invited in? That isn't what the videos show. Do you have any of those? I've only seen the ones they were breaking windows and trying to force themselves past walls of officers

"So, again, how exactly does this crew overthrow the US government?"
I dunno how they would've been able to do that. But remember these folks are society's losers and ne'er-do-wells. Screwing-things-up is part of who they are, their own failures are what has made them so angry and aggrieved.
The fear, in those last days of the Trump presidency ---as described by some of our highest military officers ---- was of Trump finding a way to declare martial law. I dunno for sure, but perhaps if those Fatboy Militia jokers would have been able to grab Pence, or Pelosi, then Trump would have the excuse for declaring it. Recall, the recent description in a book where the author stated ---after interviewing officers ---that they intended to resign if Trump did such. So, people with far more responsibility than us mokes posting on an internet gossipboard....and likely a lot smarter than us......well, they had concerns about what Don Trump could do to hold on to office, and negate the 'peaceful transfer of power' that is a hallmark of American governance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rudy
Don Jr.
Ivanka
Meadows
McCarthy
Hawley

Boebert"
Absolutely, those mokes need be brought in before the Select Committee. Gosar and Brooks and Stone and Tooberville too. Even Kellyann Conway. Anybody....ANYBODY.....who had direct communication with Don Trump or White House decision makers.
Let America hear their version of that day. America must know who the string-pullers were....if there were any. And what did they do. The invasion of the Capitol was a significant historical event for America and for our democracy. Autopsy the damn thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Independent Voters will not forget January 6th and the DNC will not let them."
Nor should the DNC let them forget. Most especially as we've seen since January 6th too many GOP leaders minimizing, deflecting, re-characterizing, dismissing, what we all saw with our own lyin' eyes. Hold up for scrutiny that numbskull Georgia Representative who called it simply a tourist tour.....despite the fact that he was recruited to help build a barricade to the invaders. Leaders like that need to be identified and their actions and statements put into context for the electorate to understand what they really are.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry, but that's not how our system of justice works.
Donald Trump doesn't have to prove that he's innocent, He doesn't have to "clear his name"
Poster Canon Shooter you may be thinking of a criminal proceedings in a court of law. This ain't that. The Select Committee doesn't find anyone innocent or guilty. They do not levy sentences. However, what is important is that they investigate, query, probe, and expose what the actions and intents were of all of the actors. Don Trump won't testify. Nor does America need him to. But we do need to know the experiences of the staff around him. Need to know the communications with him directly, or what they were ordered to do by him, directly or indirectly. If the Committee does an adequate job then the court of public opinion may be adequate enough to address any miscreants.

IMHO
-----------------------------------------------------------------

"That's why Pelosi and her minions failed twice to get convictions after impeaching him. She and her fellow witch hunters didn't have a strong enough case, either time, to garner a conviction."
The House proceedings did, in fact, impeach Don Trump twice. The Senate did not convict ...twice. For one starkly simple reason ----and that is what is called 'jury nullification'. Think of the OJ Simpson criminal trial. Think of it as a "jury pardon". That is what happened in the Senate with both impeachments. As it was, it was the closest any impeached president has come to being convicted. Don Trump dodged a bullet because there were so many Republicans in the Senate, and they voted for their Party interests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"the left has trump glued on their brains"
Which kinda sorta corresponds to the 'Trump glue" that causes his fanboys to defend, deny, deflect, minimize, ignore, or gloss over any expressed skepticism towards Don Trump.

Anybody who can fog a mirror, anyone who was raised well by ethical responsible parents recognizes that Don Trump is a dick. Pardon my language.
But, more important than Trump being a dick.....is that he has glued onto his public persona some millions of partisans and sycophants....... and their efforts to defend him. THEY are Don Trump's strength. Not his character. Not his competency.
It is the 'political force' of those duped & snookered millions that makes Don Trump still an item of news nearly every day.

Duh!

Poster Canon Shooter you may be thinking of a criminal proceedings in a court of law. This ain't that. The Select Committee doesn't find anyone innocent or guilty. They do not levy sentences. However, what is important is that they investigate, query, probe, and expose what the actions and intents were of all of the actors. Don Trump won't testify. Nor does America need him to. But we do need to know the experiences of the staff around him. Need to know the communications with him directly, or what they were ordered to do by him, directly or indirectly. If the Committee does an adequate job then the court of public opinion may be adequate enough to address any miscreants.

IMHO

I'm thinking of the 5th Amendment, which does not only apply in a court of law.

The title of this thread; the entire point, is that Trump should be called before the committee to testify. I've yet to see someone offer a reason as to why he should.

See, this is the problem with the democrats: They decide they want something and they go gangbusting ahead to get it without ever actually devising a plan. Their lack of a plan was why they failed, twice, to secure a conviction in either impeachment trial, and it's going to be the reason why they end up looking like a pack of fools with these current hearings. Congress doesn't have the power to compel someone to testify if they don't want to testify...

The House proceedings did, in fact, impeach Don Trump twice. The Senate did not convict ...twice. For one starkly simple reason ----and that is what is called 'jury nullification'. Think of the OJ Simpson criminal trial. Think of it as a "jury pardon". That is what happened in the Senate with both impeachments. As it was, it was the closest any impeached president has come to being convicted. Don Trump dodged a bullet because there were so many Republicans in the Senate, and they voted for their Party interests.

An impeachment means little. It's an indictment, which is pretty meaningless when the result of the trial is not guilty. It's not a "jury pardon". It's a "not guilty" verdict. It doesn't matter that it was the closest any impeached president has come to being convicted. It could've been an inch or a mile. The only pertinent point is that the Pelosi was denied the "guilty" verdict she so desperately wanted.

I dunno how they would've been able to do that. But remember these folks are society's losers and ne'er-do-wells. Screwing-things-up is part of who they are, their own failures are what has made them so angry and aggrieved.
The fear, in those last days of the Trump presidency ---as described by some of our highest military officers ---- was of Trump finding a way to declare martial law. I dunno for sure, but perhaps if those Fatboy Militia jokers would have been able to grab Pence, or Pelosi, then Trump would have the excuse for declaring it. Recall, the recent description in a book where the author stated ---after interviewing officers ---that they intended to resign if Trump did such. So, people with far more responsibility than us mokes posting on an internet gossipboard....and likely a lot smarter than us......well, they had concerns about what Don Trump could do to hold on to office, and negate the 'peaceful transfer of power' that is a hallmark of American governance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely, those mokes need be brought in before the Select Committee. Gosar and Brooks and Stone and Tooberville too. Even Kellyann Conway. Anybody....ANYBODY.....who had direct communication with Don Trump or White House decision makers.
Let America hear their version of that day. America must know who the string-pullers were....if there were any. And what did they do. The invasion of the Capitol was a significant historical event for America and for our democracy. Autopsy the damn thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nor should the DNC let them forget. Most especially as we've seen since January 6th too many GOP leaders minimizing, deflecting, re-characterizing, dismissing, what we all saw with our own lyin' eyes. Hold up for scrutiny that numbskull Georgia Representative who called it simply a tourist tour.....despite the fact that he was recruited to help build a barricade to the invaders. Leaders like that need to be identified and their actions and statements put into context for the electorate to understand what they really are.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO
-----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which kinda sorta corresponds to the 'Trump glue" that causes his fanboys to defend, deny, deflect, minimize, ignore, or gloss over any expressed skepticism towards Don Trump.

Anybody who can fog a mirror, anyone who was raised well by ethical responsible parents recognizes that Don Trump is a dick. Pardon my language.
But, more important than Trump being a dick.....is that he has glued onto his public persona some millions of partisans and sycophants....... and their efforts to defend him. THEY are Don Trump's strength. Not his character. Not his competency.
It is the 'political force' of those duped & snookered millions that makes Don Trump still an item of news nearly every day.

Duh!
IOW, there really wasn't any threat that the US government could be overthrown by a thousand rioters with no firearms.

Why would anyone participate in a dog and pony show? Such as waste of time. Proves what most Americans believe, Congress is more concerned with securing power and furthering their political agenda then that of serving the people. Someday the American people will eradicate the pestilence that plagues the house.

A link to do my own research isn't a useful response.

That you can't provide any clear actual direct evidence of that is a pretty weak response. There are lots of videos of the cops trying to stop them
I didn't ask you to do your own research; I gave you the results of my own research. Choose any video there and watch the cops and Congress people opening doors and inviting them in.

I've always said that when the protesters tried to go beyond the police barriers then they were criminals and should even be shot. But mere presence in the Capital building is NOT trespassing. I'm sorry you're not interested enough in the truth to just click the link to a video but there's nothing I can do more; I've given you the proof but you're determined to not hear it.

I didn't ask you to do your own research; I gave you the results of my own research. Choose any video there and watch the cops and Congress people opening doors and inviting them in.

I've always said that when the protesters tried to go beyond the police barriers then they were criminals and should even be shot. But mere presence in the Capital building is NOT trespassing. I'm sorry you're not interested enough in the truth to just click the link to a video but there's nothing I can do more; I've given you the proof but you're determined to not hear it.

Sorry, my "own research" is a spell check failure, I must have clicked the wrong one. It doesn't make sense to me either.

So people either do things, or we are determined not to. There is no ground in the middle where we aren't convinced to do it. That's a pretty BS thing to say. There are a hole lot of things we could do that we have to pick and choose from. Most of them just don't make the payback cut.

OK, so you're just arguing that there is a middle ground (ironically from the first point, LOL) where they were in and not past security. OK, but that doesn't really change anything fundamental. Just if they can support that claim maybe it gets a few people out of trouble, but not the ones most people care about.

Then he can tell the truth and let us all know what he was doing while his cult invaded the US Capitol and tried to stop the certification of BIden's win. I would like to know what he did while this was happening. Wouldn't you? Or are you afraid.like Kevin?
"On the advice of my counsel, I must inform you that that I reserve the right to not respond under the protections afforded to me by the 5th ammendment of the constitution of the United states"

"On the advice of my counsel, I must inform you that that I reserve the right to not respond under the protections afforded to me by the 5th ammendment of the constitution of the United states"

Sorry, my "own research" is a spell check failure, I must have clicked the wrong one. It doesn't make sense to me either.

So people either do things, or we are determined not to. There is no ground in the middle where we aren't convinced to do it. That's a pretty BS thing to say. There are a hole lot of things we could do that we have to pick and choose from. Most of them just don't make the payback cut.

OK, so you're just arguing that there is a middle ground (ironically from the first point, LOL) where they were in and not past security. OK, but that doesn't really change anything fundamental. Just if they can support that claim maybe it gets a few people out of trouble, but not the ones most people care about.
Huh? So are you admitting that not everyone in the Capital on January 6 was trespassing?

Forum List

Back