CDZ Yes, Canada is a National Security threat, debate if you wish

This was from another post, but I figured I would give it it's own thread as many of you will hear the little tiff between Trudeau and Trump. I would put it in politics, but since there's no link I didn't want it moved.

In all honesty, I think there is plenty of room for Trump to ht back with broader tariffs against Canada until we embrace capitalism and liberty. Anyways, below is what I typed up:

I will challenge anyone to argue that these tactics don't represent a National Security threat to America.

3) We enter U.S corporations on Canadian soil, tamper with HR depts, spread interest in unions and other nefarious tactics that I know of first hand, they would shock Americans.!

'enter U.S. corporations on Canadian soil'- what do you mean for that to mean?

Because #3 is a just a nothingburger of "If you know what i knew' rather than any facts.

This was from another post, but I figured I would give it it's own thread as many of you will hear the little tiff between Trudeau and Trump. I would put it in politics, but since there's no link I didn't want it moved.

In all honesty, I think there is plenty of room for Trump to ht back with broader tariffs against Canada until we embrace capitalism and liberty. Anyways, below is what I typed up:

I will challenge anyone to argue that these tactics don't represent a National Security threat to America.

4) We have zero enforcement of bribery. In fact, there is an International agency that oversees this that places Canada on the absolte bottom, second worst if Britain.!

What agency is that? See I happen to have some experience monitoring this kind of stuff and I call bullshit.
Corruption Perceptions Index 2017

The Corruption Perceptions Index is the most respected organization I am aware of that monitors things like bribery.

In 2017- Canada got a score of 85- #8 from the top of least corrupt countries.
Research - CPI - Overview

The United States came in 16th- still respectable.

Then there is TRACE International which specializes in Bribery

Canada gets a score of 16- compared to say China which is 60
Regarding Canada's anti-bribery laws and enforcement- Canada gets a 13- compared to the United States 23.

So what is this mythical international organization that you believe places Canada at the bottom for enforcement against Bribery?

Because so far- your claims seem to be bovine excrement.

Nations do not have friends...they have interests....and those change due to circumstances....The United States can not put all of its faith in another country at a time of war...we must be able to produce our own steel and aluminum...its common sense....to place us in a situation where we are dependent on a foreign government for our own defense is a tragic mistake that the last four presidents allowed...thank God for Trump....

Exactly how are we dependent on any foreign government for our own defense?

4) We have zero enforcement of bribery. In fact, there is an International agency that oversees this that places Canada on the absolte bottom, second worst if Britain.!

What agency is that? See I happen to have some experience monitoring this kind of stuff and I call bullshit.

The Corruption Perceptions Index is the most respected organization I am aware of that monitors things like bribery.

Regarding Canada's anti-bribery laws and enforcement- Canada gets a 13- compared to the United States 23.

So what is this mythical international organization that you believe places Canada at the bottom for enforcement against Bribery?

Don't try this Communist bait and switch tactic please, it insults all of us and this is too serious an issue to play semantics. From the link you provided:

The index, which ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption according to experts and businesspeople, uses a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is highly corrupt and 100 is very clean.

Perceived and reality are quite different. The fact that Canada laid two federal bribery charges in 15 years must mean such crime doesn't exist, right? LOL.

Hey, if the media doesn't report something, I suppose it never happened. If the RCMP don't charge people it must mean that we are all nice, clean little Canadians. Hell, this is the same agency caught burning barns and killing farm animals in the process ffs.

1) Canada allows Third Country Exports across the U.S border, especially from China; as they leverage NAFTA, for Canada and the third nations benefit

2) Canada allows, sometimes in plain site, Intellectual Property theft, abuses. We have entire massive malls here in Toronto where out in the open you can see knock off movies, fashion, high end sunglasses, you name it, that are fake U.S products. They are shyte made in China, sold for full retail price, and they are clearly fake. The question is, knowing how centrally controlled the Canadian economy is, how much does the state of Canada benefit from this, and why are some of these malls who've been around for 20+ years, not shut down?

3) We enter U.S corporations on Canadian soil, tamper with HR depts, spread interest in unions and other nefarious tactics that I know of first hand, they would shock Americans.

4) We have zero enforcement of bribery. In fact, there is an International agency that oversees this that places Canada on the absolte bottom, second worst if Britain.

5) We support supply management and even today in Parliament Trudeau said "I will never stop supporting supply management". This is nothing more than full blown communism of another name.

6) Excessive protectionism. We've had complaints from Australia, NZ and many others. We pretend to be free market, but that's only if your jobs are coming to us, not vice versa.

7) Not so hidden grants to auto companies like GM to the tune of $400M, recently Toyota for $150M more. On top of additional costs which are in effect, tariffs, 13% GST tax, subsidies, barriers to U.S and foreign products and of course, that all encompassing Nation Security which Trump wisely leveraged.

Go back to my posts soon after Trump won, a lengthy post in which I outlined how Canada does all of this to violate NAFTA via National Security, it just not promoted as America has been getting fleeced by everyone, so noone cares.

God Bless America Get 'er done Trump!

$400 million?$150 million? Pikers! US states have dropped $17 billion in subsidies on automakers. Not the federal government - states. Christ, a small town in America will subsidize Walmart to the tune of a few million.

How about the rest of it?

Openly allows intellectual property theft? Bullshit.

Every country that imports, assembles and exports allows 3rd-country-exports. It's not hidden.

Canada requires foreign corporations operating on Canadian soil to follow Canadian HR laws? Oh, say it ain't so. Why don't you let them pay the Burundi minimum wage?

Supply management? That's between you and you. Canadian doesn't manage for any other nation, and the US is involved in Supply management in different ways, including our agricultural supports, and our foreign relations programs.

"Zero enforcement of bribery"? Again, bullshit.

For God's sake, if you love Trump so much, take him with you.

Took me 10 seconds on useless google, I could have posted 20 more, maybe 50 more if I used a beter search engine like duckduckgo

Your opinion on supply management is a huge issue, it impacts all exporters into Canada. This is Communism, plain and simple. America and the West fought communism only to embrace it and trade with those who do?

Canada ranked worst of G7 nations in fighting bribery, corruption
Canada ranked worst of G7 nations in fighting bribery, corruptions

Maybe you should look at something actually current? Rather than 8 years ago?

The most recent TPI reports are from 2015
Exporting corruption 2015

And puts Canada in line with Great Britain and Australia

upload_2018-6-7_17-54-50.png

and ahead of France and Spain.

Perceived and reality are quite different. The fact that Canada laid two federal bribery charges in 15 years must mean such crime doesn't exist, right? LOL. .

Don't try this Fascist bait and switch tactics on me. You are the one who was using old data to try portray Canada as being infested with bribery- when in reality what TPI said was that the laws and application of the laws were too weak- in 2010.

Since then Canada has improved both your laws and your enforcement and Canada is in line with the UK and Australia and ahead of countries like Spain and France.

Maybe now Canada will attack us. If this keeps up, they wont loan us any steel. We are treating our neighbors like shit since Trump took office. Do you treat your neighbors that way?
Have you ever taken the time to look up all of the ever changing outrageous tariffs Canada places on our goods?
We need to produce our own steel...period...if you and Canada don't like it
too Bad!...

No what were they in 1016. We have a surplus trade with Canada.

These US industries would suffer most in a trade war with Canada
So your link deny's that fair trade is a good thing? If every other nation imposes tariffs on the US we should do same...or we end up with 10% unemployment like we had under Obama....
The United States is unilaterally imposing tariffs on Canada.

What 'outrageous tariff's' does Canada impose on American made products? I am very curious.

We need steel at a time of war...lots of it...if we don't make it here we are setting ourselves up for disaster.....Is that really so hard to understand?

What 'outrageous tariff's' does Canada impose on American made products? I am very curious.
Agricultural mostly...they impose high tariffs on our crops...for one...look it up educate yourself...its only called a trade war when we try and do what the rest of our trading partners do to us.....its anything but fair...the stock market is getting it so what is wrong with you?....

Agricultural mostly...they impose high tariffs on our crops...for one...look it up educate yourself...its only called a trade war when we try and do what the rest of our trading partners do to us.....its anything but fair...the stock market is getting it so what is wrong with you?....

What is wrong with me? Well unlike yourself I prefer to deal with facts.

Here is the link to the Canadian tariff.
Chapter 10 - T2018
Wheat for example falls in 1001- looking at specific classifications- for example
The United States is designated as 'UST'- and the duty rate on imported American wheat of 1001.99.1000 is free

CCCT, LDCT, UST, MT, CIAT, CT, CRT, IT, PT, COLT, JT, PAT, HNT, KRT, CEUT, UAT: Free

NAFTA eliminated most duties on agricultural products of the United States going into Canada.

Perhaps you can tell me a specific crop that there is supposedly a very high tariff on- and I will then compare it to what the United States imposes on the same Canadian crop.

We need steel at a time of war...lots of it...if we don't make it here we are setting ourselves up for disaster.....Is that really so hard to understand?
We do make steel here. Lots of steel.

We are the 4th largest manufacturer of steel in the world- manufacturing 4-5 times as much steel as Canada.

List of countries by steel production - Wikipedia

We do make steel here. Lots of steel.

We are the 4th largest manufacturer of steel in the world
The 4th? are you kidding me? we need to be number one!!!! are you sure you aren't Obama?.....buuuuuaaaahahahahahahahahaha! another lib happy with 4th place for America...that is why Trump won......

So let me see if I understand what you are saying.

You are okay with Trump crapping on capitalism in order to make American steel the number one steel producer in the world.

What is wrong with me? Well unlike yourself I prefer to deal with facts.

Here is the link to the Canadian tariff.
Chapter 10 - T2018
Wheat for example falls in 1001- looking at specific classifications- for example
The United States is designated as 'UST'- and the duty rate on imported American wheat of 1001.99.1000 is free

CCCT, LDCT, UST, MT, CIAT, CT, CRT, IT, PT, COLT, JT, PAT, HNT, KRT, CEUT, UAT: Free

NAFTA eliminated most duties on agricultural products of the United States going into Canada.

Perhaps you can tell me a specific crop that there is supposedly a very high tariff on- and I will then compare it to what the United States imposes on the same Canadian crop.

No response.

Not surprised that you are silenced by facts.

But hey- maybe you can start a thread reposting Trump's tweets.

That will keep you completely away from facts.

DSCN9759.jpg sacredcowtipping2.jpg 2017-10-11.jpg:argue:
April 18, 2017 / 9:51 PM
Trump vows to back U.S. dairy farmers in Canada trade spat

Rod Nickel
3 Min Read

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump promised on Tuesday to defend American dairy farmers who have been hurt by Canada’s protectionist trade practices, during a visit to the cheese-making state of Wisconsin.

Canada’s dairy sector is protected by high tariffs on imported products and controls on domestic production as a means of supporting prices that farmers receive. It is frequently criticized by other dairy-producing countries.

“We’re also going to stand up for our dairy farmers,” Trump said in Kenosha, Wisconsin. “Because in Canada some very unfair things have happened to our dairy farmers and others.”

Trump did not detail his concerns, but promised his administration would call the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and demand an explanation.

“It’s another typical one-sided deal against the United States and it’s not going to be happening for long,” Trump said.

Trump also reiterated his threat to eliminate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico if it cannot be changed.

U.S. dairy industry groups want Trump to urge Trudeau to halt a pricing policy that has disrupted some U.S. dairy exports and prioritize dairy market access in NAFTA renegotiation talks...

View attachment 198077 View attachment 198078 View attachment 198079:argue:
April 18, 2017 / 9:51 PM
Trump vows to back U.S. dairy farmers in Canada trade spat

Rod Nickel
3 Min Read

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump promised on Tuesday to defend American dairy farmers who have been hurt by Canada’s protectionist trade practices, during a visit to the cheese-making state of Wisconsin.

Canada’s dairy sector is protected by high tariffs on imported products and controls on domestic production as a means of supporting prices that farmers receive. It is frequently criticized by other dairy-producing countries.

“We’re also going to stand up for our dairy farmers,” Trump said in Kenosha, Wisconsin. “Because in Canada some very unfair things have happened to our dairy farmers and others.”

Trump did not detail his concerns, but promised his administration would call the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and demand an explanation.

“It’s another typical one-sided deal against the United States and it’s not going to be happening for long,” Trump said.

Trump also reiterated his threat to eliminate the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico if it cannot be changed.

U.S. dairy industry groups want Trump to urge Trudeau to halt a pricing policy that has disrupted some U.S. dairy exports and prioritize dairy market access in NAFTA renegotiation talks...

Trump's tearing into Canada's agricultural policy. Does he have a point? | CBC News

'They should just leave us Canadians alone'

"In terms of overall farm subsidies, we just do it somewhat differently," Daniel A. Sumner, an agricultural policy professor at the University of California's Davis campus, said in an interview. "Canadian agriculture is no more subsidized than agriculture in the U.S."

The difference is that while U.S. taxpayers foot the bill for farm protections, in Canada, the cost is carried by consumers at the cash register, Sumner said.

Washington spends more than $20 billion a year on subsidies for farm businesses. About 39 per cent of the 2.1 million U.S. farms receive some form of a subsidy, with most of those handouts going to producers of corn, soybeans, wheat, cotton and rice.

Early in June, President Donald Trump announced steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada.
  • Canada responded with tariffs of their own on billions of dollars worth of US goods.
  • Using US exports data, the states hit hardest by the tariffs would be Ohio, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, and Illinois.

Deregulation: Understanding the Trump G7 Canadian Dairy Remarks
© AFP 2018 / OLIVIER MORIN
Business

During the G7 summit in Quebec, US President Donald Trump proposed the creation of a tariff-free trade zone between member nations, particularly using Canada as an example, and that ruffled a few feathers....

According to the CBC, Canada does impose a 270 percent tariff on milk, a 245 percent tariff on cheese and a 298 percent tariff on butter, as a means of keeping imported products out of the dairy-rich country...

"It's very unfair to our farmers," Trump declared, adding, "Our farmers, whether it's through a non-tariff trade barrier or whether it's through very high tariffs […] You can't do that. It's going to stop, or we'll...:finger3: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
...Last year, US farmers shockingly destroyed almost 100 million gallons of unsold milk, The Guardian reported. If that's not bad enough, there has been a wave of farmer suicides recently that has rung a national alarm, referred to by the New York Times as "the widespread hopelessness afflicting the industry."
Breaking the Canadian tariff wall and flooding its northern neighbor with cheap factory-produced US milk is seen to be desirable to investors holding large stakes in US-based agricultural corporations. US Senate minority leader, Chuck Schumer (D-NY), quickly echoed Trump's "unfair" dairy tariff narrative...

Last edited:
The economy is doing well - with NAFTA in place
Not if you are a machinist or a seat and airbag installer or a coal miner or a commercial fishermen...you people that have cushy snuggley jobs that did well under the Obama presidency are only looking at your self for your outlook on those days....
Sure if your job was unaffected by NAFTA you would think it was working fine...but it wasn't working for millions of blue collar workers....How do you think Trump won over the union democrats?

We have had free trade with Canada since Jan 1, 1989, under Reagan, then Mexico was added and Clinton signed it in 94, already in the works under Bush Sr. So now who are you mad at. If anything Canada should be suffering.

Deregulation: Understanding the Trump G7 Canadian Dairy Remarks
© AFP 2018 / OLIVIER MORIN
Business

During the G7 summit in Quebec, US President Donald Trump proposed the creation of a tariff-free trade zone between member nations, particularly using Canada as an example, and that ruffled a few feathers....

According to the CBC, Canada does impose a 270 percent tariff on milk, a 245 percent tariff on cheese and a 298 percent tariff on butter, as a means of keeping imported products out of the dairy-rich country...

"It's very unfair to our farmers," Trump declared, adding, "Our farmers, whether it's through a non-tariff trade barrier or whether it's through very high tariffs […] You can't do that. It's going to stop, or we'll...:finger3: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
...Last year, US farmers shockingly destroyed almost 100 million gallons of unsold milk, The Guardian reported. If that's not bad enough, there has been a wave of farmer suicides recently that has rung a national alarm, referred to by the New York Times as "the widespread hopelessness afflicting the industry."
Breaking the Canadian tariff wall and flooding its northern neighbor with cheap factory-produced US milk is seen to be desirable to investors holding large stakes in US-based agricultural corporations. US Senate minority leader, Chuck Schumer (D-NY), quickly echoed Trump's "unfair" dairy tariff narrative...

Maybe less dairy farmers.

Forum List

Back