Yes! annoying Google ads gone

archangel said:
Yahoo ads are a little more toned down!

They might have been a bit toned down but the relevancy of the ads were horrible. You open a thread about the military and you get ads about loans, vonage and other stupid crap. Why would anyone follow through with those? The whole point of the ads are to be as relevant as possible. If a user should like the thread they are reading it's possible they may click on something with similar content.

I understand the regular member base may get sick of seeing them but unfortunately it appears to be the only source of income to keep the board rolling. I am trying to implement a system where the ads will only show for guests and will not appear for registered members.

jimnyc said:
They might have been a bit toned down but the relevancy of the ads were horrible. You open a thread about the military and you get ads about loans, vonage and other stupid crap. Why would anyone follow through with those? The whole point of the ads are to be as relevant as possible. If a user should like the thread they are reading it's possible they may click on something with similar content.

I understand the regular member base may get sick of seeing them but unfortunately it appears to be the only source of income to keep the board rolling. I am trying to implement a system where the ads will only show for guests and will not appear for registered members.

Jim, all I ever see are a few small text ads near the top. Very small and discrete, and really they aren't a bother. Are others seeing something huge and invasive that I'm not seeing?

jimnyc said:

I just said they were a little annoying...not meaning you should eliminate them...sorry!

jimnyc said:

jim,

this is a great board, run by great people, with great members.....i am in full support of whatever adds you need to keep this place alive

Forum List

Back