Yep, it's escalating

There are lots of monuments in my neck of the woods Statues made in metal of
historic people and just ---"people". Big stone things with plaques on them.
When I was a kid there was a large white ROCK (painted white) with a metal
plaque with the names of the town's people who had died in world war I It was
just THERE near the flag pole in front of the school. It DID nothing. No one
so much as looked at it. Would the town have been improved by removing it?
It did nothing, it was not a meeting place for any specific ideological group----
people did not hang out there engaging in lewd or criminal behavior.......what
was going on in the vicinity of the metal blob representation of Robert E. Lee---that
ruined the morals of our youth? -------I support the demolition of shopping malls
with food courts------they contribute to obesity and diabetes

Our first 9-10 Presidents owned slaves, yeah including Washington. FDR held innocent Japanese in captivity and stole their assets. Many Indian leaders, pillaged and raped sovereign nations. JFK was a womanizer, and MLK was a serial adulterer. There is no shortage of monuments to be torn down for consistency sake and save face, as they erase history and country to please the liberal elite.

The confederacy was an insurgency that lost. They lost. The statues were built mostly in the 50-60's as a protest to integration. They need to come down. I know certainly you aren't comparing womanizing to genocide and slavery are ya?

really? the "monuments" are NEWLY IMPOSED things specifically done by racist, proslavery pigs merely some 60 years ago? ------in the midst of the civil rights era as
a kind of racist reaction? I DID NOT KNOW-------can you support that assertion?

Most of them yes. The confederate flag for example. But it really shouldn't matter. These confederate soldiers lost a war whereby they decided to fight against the United States. They were traitors.

Our first 9-10 Presidents owned slaves, yeah including Washington. FDR held innocent Japanese in captivity and stole their assets. Many Indian leaders, pillaged and raped sovereign nations. JFK was a womanizer, and MLK was a serial adulterer. There is no shortage of monuments to be torn down for consistency sake and save face, as they erase history and country to please the liberal elite.

The confederacy was an insurgency that lost. They lost. The statues were built mostly in the 50-60's as a protest to integration. They need to come down. I know certainly you aren't comparing womanizing to genocide and slavery are ya?

really? the "monuments" are NEWLY IMPOSED things specifically done by racist, proslavery pigs merely some 60 years ago? ------in the midst of the civil rights era as

Most of them yes. The confederate flag for example. But it really shouldn't matter. These confederate soldiers lost a war whereby they decided to fight against the United States. They were traitors.

they were people in an army. They were not "traitors" Do you support the annihilation of every person who was ever in an army which fought against the USA?

They're looking more like ISIS everyday. Course some maniac may have intentionally mowed people down with his car, who might ID himself as conservative, but that aint the big picture.
ISIS? Really?

Did any of them PLOW through a group of innocent protesters?

Would you like to be a lady of temperance? You sure got the drama to be one.

oh_the_drama_woman.jpg

Sheesh!

#SMHGOP

And so it begins...

It began when Trump started making dog whistle claims about Obama's birth certificate.

What the fuck would that have to do with race?

Are you claiming that no-one would want to confirm Duhbummer's Birth Certificate if he was White, had a publisher and others claiming he was born in Kenya and indeed lived outside the U.S. for most if not all of his childhood, etc?

His race doesn't have jack shit to do with any of that.

There were 43 other presidents before him all white no questions asked. John McCain was not born here in America and ran with no one questioning his citizenship. It had everything to do with race.
Obviously McCain was never qualified for president...

they were people in an army. They were not "traitors" Do you support the annihilation of every person who was ever in an army which fought against the USA?

They were traitors. And we are talking about removing statues.

they were people----mostly naïve----who thought their "way of life" and homes and
families-------were under threat The brits saw the USA "rebels" during the revolutionary
war as TRAITORS

It is all out of Saul Alinsky. Once they are done with the confederate statues, next will be the American flag, and eventually the constitution.

Designed by slave owners, written by slave owners.

Why now?? Those monuments have been there for decades and in fact some of them have been there for over one hundred years and now all of a sudden some folks find them offensive??

You can't cure stupid.

whatever it is------a "MOVEMENT" to knock down statues of Robert E Lee----and "unknown"
fallen confederate soldiers------give me the CREEPS. To me it is something like Cromwell's
hysterical campaign against catholic monasteries

Why now?? Those monuments have been there for decades and in fact some of them have been there for over one hundred years and now all of a sudden some folks find them offensive??

You can't cure stupid.

it is a sickness that spreads like THE PLAGUE. Now idiot kids are playing -----LET's HAVE SOME FUN. SUMMERTIME---LET's VANDALIZE CEMATERIES

they were people----mostly naïve----who thought their "way of life" and homes and
families-------were under threat The brits saw the USA "rebels" during the revolutionary
war as TRAITORS

They were slave owning and racist traitors. There is no comparison between them and anyone who fought against the British in the revolutionary war

whatever it is------a "MOVEMENT" to knock down statues of Robert E Lee----and "unknown"
fallen confederate soldiers------give me the CREEPS. To me it is something like Cromwell's

Not even close to the same.

It is simple.

This nation has determined that it is not welcoming to white supremacists, NAZI's and bigots. We have decided that the 1st amendment doesn't permit incendiary speech.

Like a game of whack-a-mole, this "alt-right" version of public race hatred will be pounded into obscurity as all previous versions have.

If those who wish to bathe in hate choose public square confederate monuments as their symbols, we will tear those fuckers down.

sure it is-----you have very little flexibility of the brain-------which is the definition of
intelligence

sure it is-----you have very little flexibility of the brain-------which is the definition of
intelligence

I am pretty confident that I am more intelligent than you. You get the creeps because symbols of racism are being taken down. HMMMMMM!

This nation has determined that it is not welcoming to white supremacists, NAZI's and bigots. We have decided that the 1st amendment doesn't permit incendiary speech.

That's exactly what it's for. If the first amendment only protected speech we all agree on, there would be no need for a first amendment.

Liberals only believe in free speech they approve of.

Forum List

Back