Y'all think Obama is talking down to blacks?

“It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,”-- Barack "Homie" Obama

Seriously? How folksy! He's as fucking ignorant as any of the other inner city public school educated Chillun.

Dats da troof!

What do the rest of y'all think? Is he talking down to his largely black and unemployed audience?

post says more abo0t you than Obama

“It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,”-- Barack "Homie" Obama

Seriously? How folksy! He's as fucking ignorant as any of the other inner city public school educated Chillun.

Dats da troof!

What do the rest of y'all think? Is he talking down to his largely black and unemployed audience?

Really? Is Frank posting with affected speech like most phonies do?

Dats da troof!

no, frank is using words in a not so veiled way that show his obvious contempt for african american vernacular/slang.

no, frank is using words in a not so veiled way that show his obvious contempt for african american vernacular/slang.
1. Although Obama is of African descent and American, he has little in common with most African Americans (ie. slaves as ancestors).
2. Obama is from Chicago (and Hawaii) and the southern-like speech is not common in those places.

He's speaking with affected speech like most phonies do.

1. Although Obama is of African descent and American, he has little in common with most African Americans (ie. slaves as ancestors).
2. Obama is from Chicago (and Hawaii) and the southern-like speech is not common in those places.

I'm not referring to Obama, I'm referring to Frank's sarcastic use of slang while calling all inner city kids ignorant.

I'm not referring to Obama, I'm referring to Frank's sarcastic use of slang while calling all inner city kids ignorant.
All inner cities kids aren't ignorant, but most who go to inner city public schools are, simply because a huge majority of those schools suck. Frank is correct. And, he never said "all".

You did, though, so you're arguing with something in your own head.

All inner cities kids aren't ignorant, but most who go to inner city public schools are, simply because a huge majority of those schools suck. Frank is correct. And, he never said "all".

It's not hard to realize the contempt for urban language and apparently, urban youth themselves is all I'm saying. And good for him and all, but he's made it quite obvious. That's an elitist frame of mind.

Dats da troof!

Yeah he was out there chewing out the black caucas--basically calling them a bunch of whiners. Well hell--the black population living with a 16% unemployment is reason to whine.

Then Obama looks down his nose at them--:cuckoo: I'll tell you if a white President did this to a white caucas--his poll numbers would have collapsed to ZERO--which also the number of jobs--that were created in August 2011--ZERO.

Is Obama at fault for blacks having a 50% high school dropout rate for the past decade?

Is Obama at fault for blacks having a 75% illegitimacy rate for the past decade?

Is Obama at fault for blacks having the highest incarceration/parole/probation rate for the past decade?

Is Obama at fault for the amount of black on black crime since the mid 1980's?

no, blacks are

It's not hard to realize the contempt for urban language and apparently, urban youth themselves is all I'm saying. And good for him and all, but he's made it quite obvious. That's an elitist frame of mind.
K. I understand what you're saying.

I have contempt for ignorance, though - especially willful ignorance. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

And, Obama's assumption that he has to use the 'urban drawl' to communicate effectively with Blacks is pretty arrogant, in my book. As if they cannot understand clear diction. Ignorance is not equal to stupidity.

Last edited:

K. I understand what you're saying.

I have contempt for ignorance, though - especially willful ignorance. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Contempt for willful ignorance would be like contempt for ignoring Frank's contempt, for urban youth.

Anyhoot, Obama saying y'all isn't something new at all. I suggest anyone take a look @ the 2009 article posted above.

all inner cities kids aren't ignorant, but most who go to inner city public schools are, simply because a huge majority of those schools suck. Frank is correct. And, he never said "all".

it's not hard to realize the contempt for urban language and apparently, urban youth themselves is all i'm saying. And good for him and all, but he's made it quite obvious. That's an elitist frame of mind.
k. I understand what you're saying.

And, obama's assumption that he has to use the 'urban drawl' to communicate effectively with blacks is pretty arrogant, in my book. As if they cannot understand clear diction.

wtf?

here's an article from 2009 whining about obama saying y'all.

ambrose: Y'all watch obama, you hear? | scrippsnews

so, no, i don't think he just started saying it to black people.

Imo, the op is being a race baiting fucktard.

it's not hard to realize the contempt for urban language and apparently, urban youth themselves is all i'm saying. And good for him and all, but he's made it quite obvious. That's an elitist frame of mind.

And, obama's assumption that he has to use the 'urban drawl' to communicate effectively with blacks is pretty arrogant, in my book. As if they cannot understand clear diction.

wtf?

I have no idea what your point is.

Really.

But I do know that you can't stand Frank. That seems to cloud your rationality quite often.

I probably say y'all outta nowhere about 5 to 7 times a week, and I'm from Upstate NY born and raised, where noone really says "y'all."

It doesn't mean shit, it means I like language and I loike diversifying.

wtf?

Really.

But I do know that you can't stand Frank. That seems to cloud your rationality quite often.
You have no idea what my point is? What are you, an idiot?

Obama didn't just start using the word y'all.

Therefore Frankie's OP is nothing but race baiting.

But go right ahead and keep defending it.

:thup:

Really.

The point remains the same.

Just because he has done it before.. Just proves a pattern to his actions

Really.

I think you are the one being an idiot. The fact that Obama has been phoney in the past does nothing to demonstrate that Frank is "race baiting".

Obama is a phoney and has been for quite a while.

I must be a racist. :cuckoo:

Really.

I think you are the one being an idiot. The fact that Obama has been phoney in the past does nothing to demonstrate that Frank is "race baiting".

:rolleyes:

That fact that he says y'all means that he says y'all.

That's all there is to it. Nothing racial as Frankie tried to make out or as you quickly jumped to agree.

:rolleyes:

That fact that he says y'all means that he says y'all.

That's all there is to it. Nothing racial as Frankie tried to make out or as you quickly jumped to agree.
I've said y'all in my life. But, I don't use it regularly and that makes sense with the regions I lived when my speech was developing and with my education.

Same with Obama.

Difference is, I don't use the affected speech like most phonies do. And, when I talk to America Blacks, I don't either.

That makes me a racist in your idiotic mind - your strong implication to that effect was not all that subtle. ;)

Forum List

Back