WSJ: Himalayan Glaciers Are Melting at Furious Rate, New Study Shows

Nuclear is extremely expensive, and not safe. When private insurance companies will insure the plants, then we can be sure that there is a reasonable safety margin. We can power this nation entirely with wind and solar. Ad in hydro and other clean power sources, and there is not problem with powering this nation except this power funnels less money to the wealthiest people.

Nuclear is extremely expensive, and not safe.

Safer and cheaper than killing the planet, eh?

When private insurance companies will insure the plants, then we can be sure that there is a reasonable safety margin.

We can build new plants that can't meltdown.

We can power this nation entirely with wind and solar.

Cool story. How big a battery do we need to power Chicago during a snowy, calm week in February?

Ad in hydro and other clean power sources, and there is not problem with powering this nation except this power funnels less money to the wealthiest people.

The wealthiest people aren't making money off wind and solar? What are you, 12 years old?

I dont know what all that shorthand means

but simply saying something is possible in theory only works in the classroom instead of the real world
Forget my short hand, you did not respond to the article addressing your premise at all.

`

Nuclear is extremely expensive, and not safe. When private insurance companies will insure the plants, then we can be sure that there is a reasonable safety margin.
do you accept the co2 global warming climate change crisis scenario?

I dont, but if you do then nuclear energy is the answer

Forget my short hand, you did not respond to the article addressing your premise at all.

`
Your article sounds very authoritative

but in fact its just the oinion of someone I dont know and never heard of

However you dont need my permission to prove those ideas will work

between them green billionaires have more than enough capital to change our energy model

Your article sounds very authoritative

but in fact its just the oinion of someone I dont know and never heard of

However you dont need my permission to prove those ideas will work

between them green billionaires have more than enough capital to change our energy model
IOW, still no response.
And how many people do you "know" who write on this topic?
And I/we certainly don't recognize YOU as an authority so why respond to you.
You are free to critique it/him.
You're an empty Fraud.

`

I'm not funded by anyone with lots of cash to give away like your source no doubt is

All I can tell you is go for it if you think it will work

but dont expect taxpayers to pay for it

You are free to comment on any problems in his article with your opinion or understanding.
But you're a totally empty FRAUD.
again

`

abu afak you still haven't explained why your politicians ignored your climate rhetoric as they moved to the coast
Control Freaks Need to Make Us Believe in Their Make-Believe

At least they're not emotional weaklings who would begin to scare themselves with the Gloom and Doom scare stories they tell the public.

Last edited:
We have added so much CO2 so fast we are still catching up in temp and sea level.
THAT is precisely what's so worrisome.

OF COURSE scientists have looked at this and the main reason why:
(Deniers see this as a Giant conspiracy of 10,000 130 IQ people out to get them, who never looked at the history/didn't think of what Ding did and could be refuted by one of his 10 word Non Sequiturs.)

""....The last interglacial is not a perfect scenario for the future.
Incoming solar radiation was higher than today because of differences in Earth’s position relative to the Sun.
Carbon dioxide levels were only 280 parts per million, compared with more than 410 parts per million today.​
Crucially, warming between the two poles in the last interglacial did not happen simultaneously. But under Today’s Greenhouse-gas-driven climate change, warming and ice loss are happening in both regions at the same time. This means that if climate change continues unabated, Earth’s past dramatic sea level rise could be a Small taste of what’s to Come."..."
The rest at:​

Whoops! There goes a 100x repeated Ding gotcha attempt/non sequitur.

`

`
Salieri (in Amadeus), the Self-Described "Patron Saint of Mediocrity"

"130 IQ" describes an academic eunuch driven by his jealousy of the creative people who invented the modern technology he pretends to think is so harmful to his God Gaia. Of course these impotent potentates would flock together in a Unabomber cult, using their false prestige to convince the gullible of their fake altruism. But their ulterior motive is to cover up their personal failure to produce anything useful.

Don't get hysterical. It's not all trump's fault. The industrial revolution started in 1760. The entire human race has been ravaging this planet horrifically ever since then. We are all responsible and we will all pay the price there's no escaping this. Every model they come out with on climate change has been broken. The actual damages the actual results have been worse. And everyone is making efforts that look good on paper but I don't know how much good they're actually doing. The future will determine how well a job we did. The one thing for certain about this life is change and we're going to see big changes, unfortunately they're not all for the better.
Woodchuckers Who Can't Get Wood

So you want us to send a check so that erectile-dysfunction Sierra Clubbies can go play hide-and-seek in the woods instead of working for a living.

Try and post on topic.... maybe say 1 in 10 times?
thx
`
Never Capable of Growing Up, Eco-Loonies Still Think That Animal Cartoons Represent the Real World

You're begging the question by assuming that the childish character and the spoiled sheltered background of your eco-buddies is not important. Yet what is backing up your spiel is the attitude that these are mature and intelligent people who must be listened to in their jealous propaganda against 'human economic progress.

flacaltenn Meister
Sage of Main Street has decided to make this his obscure poetry section, and caveman is never able to post on any topic, just hostility troll... and more.

The question is (again) how do I save my thread from being destroyed without getting blamed and locked when telling them to stop?
I guess we'll see now/again.
Page Copied.

Last edited:
flacaltenn Meister
Sage of Main Street has decided to make this his obscure poetry section, and caveman is never able to post on any topic, just hostility troll... and more.

The question is (again) how do I save my thread from being destroyed without getting blamed and locked when telling them to stop?
I guess we'll see now/again.
Page Copied.
You never answer basic questions because you know fine well it will utterly destroy your rhetoric if you do, and, you just endlessly go around giving everyone the thumbs down, so I return the favour and match the same number of your posts with a thumbs down. If you don't like it, wind your neck in.

The problem you've got is that debate works both ways, so you need to answer our questions as well, otherwise, like you've just done, you've cried to the mods. What a fucking pussy.

Last edited:
flacaltenn Meister
Sage of Main Street has decided to make this his obscure poetry section,

One Flew Over the Haiku's Nest

"Boo-hoo," cries Abu,
The Unabomber's picked sheep,
Picked-on GreenHead boob

Nuclear is extremely expensive, and not safe.

Safer and cheaper than killing the planet, eh?

When private insurance companies will insure the plants, then we can be sure that there is a reasonable safety margin.

We can build new plants that can't meltdown.

We can power this nation entirely with wind and solar.

Cool story. How big a battery do we need to power Chicago during a snowy, calm week in February?

Ad in hydro and other clean power sources, and there is not problem with powering this nation except this power funnels less money to the wealthiest people.

The wealthiest people aren't making money off wind and solar? What are you, 12 years old?
Then why have we not done so? And what is the cost of electricity from those plants? How about the time frame to build them? In the meantime, we can build a giga-watt solar or wind farm in a year. And the electricity from those renewables is the cheapest available.

Your stupid fossil fuel plants go down, and you get zero time. Now how long you get grid scale storage depends on how much you invest in it, and how what kinds of storage you install. Near Goldendale, Washington, permits are being filed for a pumped hydro station that would supply 12 hours to 500,000 homes.

There are home owners right now that are not only supplying all their own electricity, but also making money selling excess to their utility. There are wheat farmers East of The Dallas, that are not only getting about $5000 a year per wind turbine on their property, but also growing wheat right up to the base of the turbines. Renewables spreads the profits on electricity to people that were previously only consumers, and now are also producers.

Then why have we not done so? And what is the cost of electricity from those plants? How about the time frame to build them? In the meantime, we can build a giga-watt solar or wind farm in a year. And the electricity from those renewables is the cheapest available.

Your stupid fossil fuel plants go down, and you get zero time. Now how long you get grid scale storage depends on how much you invest in it, and how what kinds of storage you install. Near Goldendale, Washington, permits are being filed for a pumped hydro station that would supply 12 hours to 500,000 homes.

There are home owners right now that are not only supplying all their own electricity, but also making money selling excess to their utility. There are wheat farmers East of The Dallas, that are not only getting about $5000 a year per wind turbine on their property, but also growing wheat right up to the base of the turbines. Renewables spreads the profits on electricity to people that were previously only consumers, and now are also producers.

Then why have we not done so?

Ignorant green whiners.

And what is the cost of electricity from those plants?

Reliable, large-scale CO2-free power? Cheaper than melting the planet, eh?

In the meantime, we can build a giga-watt solar or wind farm in a year.

Yup. Intermittent power is awesome!

And the electricity from those renewables is the cheapest available.

The Germans agree......wait.....what?

Your stupid fossil fuel plants go down, and you get zero time.

LOL!

There are home owners right now that are not only supplying all their own electricity, but also making money selling excess to their utility.

How much extra are the utilities forced to pay in your favorite programs?

Then why have we not done so?

Ignorant green whiners.

And what is the cost of electricity from those plants?

Reliable, large-scale CO2-free power? Cheaper than melting the planet, eh?

In the meantime, we can build a giga-watt solar or wind farm in a year.

Yup. Intermittent power is awesome!

And the electricity from those renewables is the cheapest available.

The Germans agree......wait.....what?

Your stupid fossil fuel plants go down, and you get zero time.

LOL!

There are home owners right now that are not only supplying all their own electricity, but also making money selling excess to their utility.

How much extra are the utilities forced to pay in your favorite programs?
If you were not so out of touch with reality, you would know that there are many utilities now encouraging VPP's.

As extreme weather events become more frequent due to climate change, homeowners are looking for more ways to build their energy resiliency in case of power outages. Likewise, utilities are attempting to rapidly adapt to a changing renewable energy mix and manage power shutoffs during critical peak demand periods. These conditions have created strong incentives to incorporate virtual power plant (VPP) programs that not only allow residents to save money but also give utilities and residents a better sense of energy security.

Residential energy storage adoption is growing in the Northeast, and no state mandates are behind the rising numbers. Surprisingly, utilities are the ones encouraging customers to get batteries and enroll them in virtual power plants (VPPs). Instead of being threatened by customer-sited renewable energy systems, VPPs make solar and storage an agreeable resource for utilities.

The U.S. electric grid has long performed as a one-way street: Utilities supply power to customers but never demand power from customers. That’s why residential solar has always been an obstacle for utilities — they aren’t asking for peak solar power generation at noon when they still have to fire up fossil fuel generators to meet peak demand at 6 p.m.

Only the addition of batteries allows customer-sited solar to become a dispatchable resource utilities can work with — if they have access to it through groups of distributed, behind-the-meter batteries known as VPPs.

Forum List

Back