Good for the farmer, good for the grid

Farmers in Texas are cashing in on renewable energy. On solar, all the have to do is mount them high, and they can farm or graze livestock underneath.

What would they be grazing on underneath the panels?

Did you even read your own link?

“It is productive farmland in many cases that is converted to solar property,” says Joiner. “And that agricultural value is lost to those that are working the land. We hear those comments and those sentiments.”

Widespread use of solar is a bad fucking idea as it will have a cooling effect on the planet. Not a good idea in the middle of an ice age.

I think wind is a great idea as long as you can live with the bird deaths which will eventually be a problem with environmental types.

What would they be grazing on underneath the panels?

Did you even read your own link?

Widespread use of solar is a bad fucking idea as it will have a cooling effect on the planet. Not a good idea in the middle of an ice age.

I think wind is a great idea as long as you can live with the bird deaths which will eventually be a problem with environmental types.

The wind is highly unreliable, and all the best places for it are taken.

It's Texas. They are not worried about reliability or even being part of the national grid. Remember last winter?

That was the fault of the feds for making NG pipelines rely on so-called renewables to power the compressors where before they used the very NG they transport to power the generators running the compressors. This is when the stupid windmills were frozen the NG wasn't available as a backup.

That was the fault of the feds for making NG pipelines rely on so-called renewables to power the compressors where before they used the very NG they transport to power the generators running the compressors. This is when the stupid windmills were frozen the NG wasn't available as a backup.
It was the fault of not having heat systems to prevent failure on wind turbines and gas supplied system, because they thought they didn't need it or the national grid.

Farmers in Texas are cashing in on renewable energy. On solar, all the have to do is mount them high, and they can farm or graze livestock underneath.

Yes, but there is always that ever present danger of windmill cancer. . . . :113:

iu
5yi9oj.jpg

". . . There have been complaints: I remember filling out a complaint form a few years ago, I wonder what happened to those? I also wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper about the negative impacts that the turbines are having on our lives, the ecology, the aesthetic beauty and good will among residents of the county.

The proponents of a wind farm will not tell you any of the negative impacts that you will experience after it is in operation, they may even tell you that reported impacts are false; however, these negative impacts are for real.

You never get used to the noises, the constant motion, glaring red lights at night. The ecology will be affected by the abiotic change, wildlife populations will diminish, birds will be killed, animals will be affected by the low-level impulses that their bodies cannot handle.

These are things that we have experienced firsthand; they wake us up at night, they have caused nausea, they have caused our house to vibrate, they have created a hum in our house, they do interfere with cell phones, satellite tv service, satellite internet service. Shadow flicker will drive you batty. Your property value will decrease dramatically. If you are downwind from turbines the noise impacts are even greater.

Much of the wildlife seems to have vacated our area, we do not see the rabbits, foxes, deer or even as many woodchucks. The purple martins left shortly after the windfarm began operating and have not returned. One farmer in the area had to dig up an area in a field where a power cable from a turbine ran through and reported that for approximately two feet in diameter around the cable the soil was a weird green color.

Don’t let them bully you into accepting what is not good for all of the people in your county. Why should most of us suffer at the greed of a few.. . ."

You are a liar. The valves on the natural gas line froze, and the water lines in the coal and nuclear plants did the same. Texas did not winterize it's grid. And since it's grid is proudly separate from the rest of the US, they could not import power.

I thought winter was a thing of the past cuz, yannow, manmade global warming
Man hasn't made it warm enough for that. Kind of like teenagers and young adults running around in shorts and t-shirts in the winter, then calling in sick, because they keep getting sick, underestimating the effects of the cold on them, as they look cool.

Man hasn't made it warm enough for that. Kind of like teenagers and young adults running around in shorts and t-shirts in the winter, then calling in sick, because they keep getting sick, underestimating the effects of the cold on them, as they look cool.

You know it sounds to me that you Warmers just point to weather stories and claim it's because of your Lord the CO2 molecule. Are you saying Texas can expect harsh winters from now on because yannow, manmade global climate warming change?

Are there fires and high winds again today in Kansas?

You know it sounds to me that you Warmers just point to weather stories and claim it's because of your Lord the CO2 molecule. Are you saying Texas can expect harsh winters from now on because yannow, manmade global climate warming change?

Are there fires and high winds again today in Kansas?
Beats me. I'm in Tennessee. You know, the mid-south, where it was in the 70s with tornados last week and 28 degrees when I got up, today? I plan for the extremes, though. Maybe Texas should also, or at least have a backup plan, like being coupled to the national grid.

You are a liar. The valves on the natural gas line froze, and the water lines in the coal and nuclear plants did the same. Texas did not winterize it's grid. And since it's grid is proudly separate from the rest of the US, they could not import power.
Actually... a significant portion of wind turbines went down 8 days before the freeze. They couldn't get enough gas supply to cover that and the increased demand that the freeze brought because of all of the idiotic electric heaters in use that were cranked up because of the cold. This was a predictable surprise of using wind power as a base load. You can't just flip a switch and expect to bring a significant amount natural gas or coal online - without issues - to cover the power that went down and the crazy higher demand. You don't know jack shit about how nominations are made for pipeline or how gas is sold in the market.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back