Wrestling with Police Reform

Perhaps police training should include significant and on-going training in certain combat sports that teach skills that can be applied in a non-lethal manner.

They are.

1591834032902.png

It's not like this is a crazy idea or even without precedent. The Gracie family taught Combatives to the US military and law enforcement for years. I wouldn't be surprised if current law enforcement training already incorporates some Greco-Roman and freestyle techniques. It's just a matter of figuring out what works and what doesn't in the context real life situations the police find themselves in.

It's not like this is a crazy idea or even without precedent. The Gracie family taught Combatives to the US military and law enforcement for years. I wouldn't be surprised if current law enforcement training already incorporates some Greco-Roman and freestyle techniques. It's just a matter of figuring out what works and what doesn't in the context real life situations the police find themselves in.
The problem with BJJ is that it involves a lot of chokes and breaks, which is the sort of thing they are most likely looking to eliminate in training reform.

The problem with BJJ is that it involves a lot of chokes and breaks, which is the sort of thing they are most likely looking to eliminate in training reform.
True. I just meant there was precedent for using outside groups to train law enforcement like the person in the article was talking about.

Police officers have earned the privilege of enjoying a donut now and then. Hence your plan is unworkable.

Police officers have earned the privilege of enjoying a donut now and then. Hence your plan is unworkable.
You can have a doughnut now and then and still wrestle. Now and then.
How much training for a job that pays well but not that well. Then there is political correctness and quotas that have to be abided by. Cops need to change their interfering with the citizens for the more mundane issues.

You can have a doughnut now and then and still wrestle. Now and then.
How much training for a job that pays well but not that well. Then there is political correctness and quotas that have to be abided by. Cops need to change their interfering with the citizens for the more mundane issues.
??????????

Seems they could use more, don't you think? As many as is practical.

That's not an answer.

I don't make the budgets for every police force in the country, but I would expect they would be paid for extra training.

How much more of a budget do you think it'll take?
I bet it costs less than a lawsuit.

1592333692457.png

You mean like all the lawsuits that should be brought up against the ANTIFA and BLM after the facial recognition programs identify them for their crimes?

How many of them are rich kids over 18 years of age fighting for a cause who's mommy and daddy are in turn mayors, governors, and other influential people?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Why was this topic moved to Sports!?!?

Because of the word "wrestling" in the title? Holy shit!

The more I see of the video from the tragic situation in Atlanta, the more it seems those officers could have benefited from some training in wrestling.

Forum List

Back