wow, so bam bam banned flavored tobacco

For those of you who think this is nothing, think again. Jobs will be lost over this. Many local ciagrette stores will lose revenue and will be forced to let employees go. For those of you who are pro choice and pro freedom, and pro capitalism. This should be an issue for you

Those menthol cigarettes are smoked by millions and have been found to cause more problems than the smoother and world class tobacco that was dreams and djarum cigarettes

Kids do not start smoking because a cigarrete tastes good, they do it because it is cool.
I have a question for you. Why did they not ban menthol cigarettes???

A 2002 study found 60% of middle school smokers smoked menthol, says scientist James Hersey with RTI International, an independent research institute in Washington, D.C. "I think menthol is easier to smoke, so kids will often start with menthol."
And Hersey's research suggests young menthol smokers are more likely to be addicted to nicotine than their peers who smoke non-menthol cigarettes. But studies of whether menthol smokers find it more difficult to quit than non-menthol smokers have had mixed results.
In a study of more than 4,000 middle and high school students, University of Georgia researchers Jerome Legge and Jessica Muilenburg found menthol smokers smoked more cigarettes than non-menthol smokers.
And among menthol smokers, blacks smoked more than whites, they reported last year. In the USA, about 80% of black smokers prefer menthol cigarettes, compared with only about a quarter of white smokers.
"Any proposed legislation should consider the special problems of menthol and its relationship to high cigarette consumption, especially for African-American adolescents," Legge and Muilenburg concluded.
But, Legge said last week, a ban on menthol cigarettes could create an illegal market for them.

Besides kids steal their parents cigarettes to start with. It happens to already be illegal to sell cigarettes to kids.Most people do not know that the banned cigarettes were about a third more expensive that the average cigarette, kids are now smoking black and mild cigars. You cannot stop kids from smoking whatever they get their hands on. It is up to parents not the nanny state to raise their kids to make good choices.

Mention dream or djarum cigarettes to kids that smoke, they will most likely say "Whut is dream and djarum"? :doubt:

Oh, and one more point I would like to make, is that the smirnoff ice tastes like soda pop. Any of you who have a problem with that needs to contact your nanny state representative on that one :tongue:
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.
Now, everybody knows why menthol flavoring wasn't banned.

edited to add

Dreams Jubilee Blend are the cherry flavored cigarettes I smoke. I was in my 40's before I started smoking them, it must be my second childhood.

Last edited:
wut a fucking nub obam is

Yahoo! News Search Results for flavored tobacco ban

OUDaily.com | Flavored cigarette ban affects local store

gateway drugs my ass! i didnt start smoking fruit flavored ciggs, i started with marlboro. wut a bunch of liberal faggy cradle to grave dictitorial dipshit nonsense.

I primarily smoke regular cigarettes, but I smoke a pack a week of cherry flavored cigs. Knowing this was coming around the bend, I purchased 2 cartons of the cherry ones before the ban took place.

What I find interesting, is that the ban is against all flavored cigarettes except menthol. Menthol is a flavoring. Now, why was menthol flavoring exempted? I'll give you 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count.

I smoke a dream with my coffee every evening after work. I got 6 cartons given to me, by a cigarette store owner. She lost thousands of dollars initially, and will continue to lose revenue because of this ban

Now people are searching for a way to get back the flavor, looking for extracts to put either on their filters or the cigarette itself. That could become a potential issue for congress, since they have nothing better to do.
Bunch of no good for nothing assholes that probably smoke anything they want from around the world. Probably even cuban cigars

Does that mean I there will never be any Long Island flavored tobacco?

Cause I'd start smoking again if my smokes tastes like booze. :cool:

gateway drugs my ass! i didnt start smoking fruit flavored ciggs, i started with marlboro. wut a bunch of liberal faggy cradle to grave dictitorial dipshit nonsense.

Except menthol, however now corporations are using that "almost banned" status to jack the prices up. Government regulation becomes a tool for more corporation profits. I have a theory that the only reason said ban was enacted was to give a few tobacco companies such an edge over ones like Camel. ;)

Except menthol, however now corporations are using that "almost banned" status to jack the prices up. Government regulation becomes a tool for more corporation profits. I have a theory that the only reason said ban was enacted was to give a few tobacco companies such an edge over ones like Camel. ;)

camels have menthol

camels have menthol

They do now, before they were known for the "berry" flavored smokes, and other companies couldn't keep up with those but the others had menthol. Now Camels have menthol but the "cheap" brands are about the same price. At least Camel didn't raise their prices for this ban, if I could stand their tobacco I'd smoke that brand just because of that. :lol:

camels have menthol

That's not Kool

camels have menthol

They do now, before they were known for the "berry" flavored smokes, and other companies couldn't keep up with those but the others had menthol. Now Camels have menthol but the "cheap" brands are about the same price. At least Camel didn't raise their prices for this ban, if I could stand their tobacco I'd smoke that brand just because of that. :lol:

well i havent smoked for years but since they are going after the cigars next im going to buy some nat shermans flavored smokes before they are gone just out of spite

when i smoked ciggies...i tried the amercian eagle brand....all organic no addictives..fuck its the addictives that make a ciggie...malaboro smokers are just too hard core to go organic

why not legalize pot? and what does that have to do with the ban on flavored tobacco?

more "kids" smoke pot than they do flavored tobacco, they just arent into it.

what kind of stupid asshole bans tobacco in the first place? some friggin goody two shoes who thinks his/her decisions on life are better than everyone elses.

wut will all the hippies do without their clove ciggs?

They didn't ban menthol? Well That can only mean one thing. Obama hates black people.

Actually, there are two possible reasons.
1. He hates blacks and wants them to die from lung cancer.
2. He loves blacks and want them to have their preferred cigarettes available.

Where is Charlie Bass? I bet he knows the answer.

They didn't ban menthol? Well That can only mean one thing. Obama hates black people.

and choice two will lead to choice one

and choice two will lead to choice one

3rd possibility, he doesn't want them to collect social security.

New Topics

Forum List

Back