Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

Every time R-Derp can't come up with something to attack Trump with...his default post is another string about how stupid Republicans are! How many is this now? About your 200th variation of the same theme?

It's ironic how one of the board's least intelligent posters spends so much time accusing OTHERS of being ignorant!

So you believe magical creation should be taught along side real science?

Because that's what the argument is.

Should they expand it further?

Alchemy?

Astrology?

Tea leaves?

Why do you even bother with these strings, R-Derp? They always end the same way. Why? Because you're not that bright and when you try and engage in a conversation to "prove" that you're smarter than Republicans are...you invariably demonstrate how not that bright you really are!

I work with a nice guy who’s a D.
I always have to explain to him how things, such as maintaining roads, play a role within a much larger context.

Dean,

How old is the Universe?

How old is our Galaxy?

How old is our Solar system?

How old is our Sun?

How old is our planet?

How old is the Human race?

Now you are most likely wondering why am I asking such simple questions like this, well the reality is the Human race as it is is just a spec in time eye.

Our understanding and knowledge of how humanity came into creation is just theories and true the Univers is far older than our pathetic existence but we do not know the whole story either and I keep my mind wide open to all ideas...
So are you saying mysticism is a possibility?

Willis O'Brien did a far better job with rubber dinosaurs in The Lost World, which was released earlier that year. Fifty Million Years Ago suckered itself ramora-like to the success of the earlier film, kind of like Battle Beyond The Stars ripping off Star Wars, which of course ripped off other things.

It's interesting that you would choose a film that gets most of its science wrong to criticize others getting the science wrong.
No he didn't. Here is a link:

Dinosaurs look just the same. And it's terrible the way their limbs look contorted to make them appear to be standing up.

See how much more natural they look not standing up.

3D-t-rex-rigged-tyrannosaurus-rex-model_0.jpg

Dean,

How old is the Universe?

How old is our Galaxy?

How old is our Sun?

How old is our planet?

Now you are most likely wondering why am I asking such simple questions like this, well the reality is the Human race as it is is just a spec in time eye.

Our understanding and knowledge of how humanity came into creation is just theories and true the Univers is far older than our pathetic existence but we do not know the whole story either and I keep my mind wide open to all ideas...

Are you saying that you know all the answers and if so do share!?!

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

And wow! I bet they knew that there are two sexes: male and female; and that women have babies and men don't.

But even then, they probably knew that we arent slaves to our biology, and our minds are more important and are what separate us from bacteria.

Well, some of us.

Dean,

How old is the Universe?

How old is our Galaxy?

How old is our Sun?

How old is our planet?

Some things are relatively easy to figure out. From the wavelength of light and the direction, we can figure out if other suns are moving towards or away from us.
That's just physics. It's measurable.

See these explosions in reverse?

If you look at the direction the particles are moving and go backwards, from the direction and the speed, you can tell the beginning of the explosion. Again, simple physics.

Well, if you can measure the stars are moving away from each other, which they are, and go back in time, things were much closer together.You can find a starting point.

Then the fact that we can only see 13 billion light years in any direction and before that, there wasn't any light, then we can measure how old the universe is.

See how that all fits together?

It wasn't like they imagined a bunch of stuff. They went and measured it.

Some, like Einstein theorized a black hole. And now we have a picture of one.

Not only can they go out and measure stuff, but from the collected data, they can figure out new stuff.

Dean,

How old is the Universe?

How old is our Galaxy?

How old is our Sun?

How old is our planet?

Some things are relatively easy to figure out. From the wavelength of light and the direction, we can figure out if other suns are moving towards or away from us.
That's just physics. It's measurable.

See these explosions in reverse?

If you look at the direction the particles are moving and go backwards, from the direction and the speed, you can tell the beginning of the explosion. Again, simple physics.

Well, if you can measure the stars are moving away from each other, which they are, and go back in time, things were much closer together.You can find a starting point.

Then the fact that we can only see 13 billion light years in any direction and before that, there wasn't any light, then we can measure how old the universe is.

See how that all fits together?

It wasn't like they imagined a bunch of stuff. They went and measured it.

Some, like Einstein theorized a black hole. And now we have a picture of one.

Not only can they go out and measure stuff, but from the collected data, they can figure out new stuff.

Yeah, and people thought the Earh was flat and the Universe revolves around us.

As you sit there saying you know everything and your theory is the only answer, well I will keep my mind open because those like you close yours and never allow opposing opinions ever.

Buddha, Jesus and Moses words have taught me there is more to this Universe, but stay close minded and never change mister know it all...

Buddha, Jesus and Moses words have taught me there is more to this Universe, but stay close minded and never change mister know it all...
Are you open minded to the idea that there isn't more to this world, and that their teachings are magical nonsense?

It's not mysticism, but real science.

It goes to show the libs and people who believe evolution learned fake science. The secular/atheist scientists started to eliminate their opposition, i.e. creation scientists, around the 1850s. All of your examples would reflect the fake science. Of course, you are too ignorant to know that.

We still find soft tissues in the millions of years old fossils. It means that the dinosaurs that died were not millions of years old -- https://www.history.com/news/scientists-find-soft-tissue-in-75-million-year-old-dinosaur-bones.

And with that 1925 movie deanrd, are you admitting that humans lived with dinosaurs? They were called dragons back then -- Fossil Footprints | Genesis Park.

Maybe... maybe not...

Maybe... maybe not...

Hilarious!
Why?

Maybe... maybe not...

That's not impossible...

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving.
It IS a theory, and it is not a scientific one. It is a religion. It may or may not be true. We have no way to test the null hypothesis of that theory, since we can't go back in time to observe what actually happened... Theories do not "evolve"...

It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.
There is no such thing as "settled science". Science is NEVER "settled"... It is a set of falsifiable theories; that's all science is.

Inversion Fallacy. YOU are the one being ignorant, as you think you know for sure what is true and what is false concerning evolution and the age of the Earth. Those are religious beliefs; they can only be accepted/rejected on a faith basis.

Believe what you will; I am not here to tell you what to believe, but simply that your reasoning for your beliefs is fallacious (bad reasoning)...

They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?
They already teach their beliefs to their children... So do leftists... Some children stick by all or most of their parents' beliefs, while others don't...

I'll answer for Dean...

How old is the Universe?
It's anyone's guess... We simply do not know.

How old is our Galaxy?

How old is our Sun?

How old is our planet?

Yup... Humanity as a whole is a tiny spec in the grand scheme of the universe...

Our understanding and knowledge of how humanity came into creation is just theories
Correct... and more specifically, religious theories, since they aren't falsifiable...

and true the Univers is far older than our pathetic existence
I'd say we don't even know that much...

but we do not know the whole story either and I keep my mind wide open to all ideas...
Correct. We simply do not know the answers, and science can't be involved since these theories are not falsifiable... The best we can do is religiously believe in particular theories.

Wrong. Some guesses are much better than others. No, your guess is not as valid as a cosmologist's "guess". So no, it's not "anyone's guess".

We simply do not know the answers, and science can't be involved since these theories are not falsifiable... The best we can do is religiously believe in particular theories.
Which theories are not falsifiable? Name a couple.

Btw, evolution is as 'proven' as anything can be proven. It is an accepted fact.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back