Wow..hero fights off 30 taliban.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Amazing..

Queen decorates Nepali for Afghanistan heroics

LONDON (AFP) – A Nepalese soldier in the British army has been given a top bravery award by Queen Elizabeth II for his heroics in Afghanistan, where he single-handedly saw off more than 30 Taliban fighters.

Corporal Dipprasad Pun, 31, said he thought he was going to die and so had nothing to lose in taking on the attackers who overran his checkpoint.

He was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC), which is given in recognition of acts of conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy.

Queen decorates Nepali for Afghanistan heroics - Yahoo! News

Amazing..

LONDON (AFP) – A Nepalese soldier in the British army has been given a top bravery award by Queen Elizabeth II for his heroics in Afghanistan, where he single-handedly saw off more than 30 Taliban fighters.

Corporal Dipprasad Pun, 31, said he thought he was going to die and so had nothing to lose in taking on the attackers who overran his checkpoint.

He was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC), which is given in recognition of acts of conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy.

I was just going to post something on this, dude is a bad ass, so many other people would have given up hope out manned and out gunned in that situation.:salute:

Amazing..

I was just going to post something on this, dude is a bad ass, so many other people would have given up hope out manned and out gunned in that situation.:salute:

Probably being way to modest. I am sure he could have ran or given up. (Although the giving up part would have led to a beheading.)

Probably being way to modest. I am sure he could have ran or given up. (Although the giving up part would have led to a beheading.)

He is a hero, we need more guys like him.

We have hundreds of thousands of people just like him. Sure, we could use a few more but let's recognize those that we have.

Reminds me of this..

If...
Rudyard Kipling
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Another hero.

Soldier home on leave thwarts Fla. bank robbery

SARASOTA, Fla. – An Army staff sergeant home on leave in southwest Florida chased down a suspected bank robber and held him until authorities arrived.

Officials say Eddie Peoples was at a Bank of America branch in Sarasota with his two young sons Tuesday when a man walked in with a handgun and demanded cash from the tellers. Peoples told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune he sprang into action after the man threatened his sons.

Peoples says he left his sons inside while he ran to his rented van and blocked the suspect's car in the parking lot. The suspect got out and pointed his gun at Peoples, who twisted the man's arm, stripped away the gun and slammed him to the ground.

Sarasota Sheriff's deputies arrested 34-year-old Matthew Rogers. The gun turned out to be a toy.

Soldier home on leave thwarts Fla. bank robbery - Yahoo! News

Amazing..

Outstanding!, but why was he alone at the checkpoint? Maybe that's a common occurrence, I just don't know.

I have gone to England on business before.

The people there are extremely racist.

I've been there too.

They could care less if you are black or white.

Indians and Pakistanis on the other hand...:eusa_eh:

Yet the British flock to Indian restaurants and love food with Curry on it.

Kind of like white Americans that live on the southern border.

They don't like Mexicans but they love Mexican food.

I have gone to England on business before.

The people there are extremely racist.

I've been there too.

They could care less if you are black or white.

Indians and Pakistanis on the other hand...:eusa_eh:

Yet the British flock to Indian restaurants and love food with Curry on it.

Kind of like white Americans that live on the southern border.

They don't like Mexicans but they love Mexican food.

I love Indian food.

chicken%20coconut%20curry.jpg

chicken-biryani.jpg

biryani.jpg

Thing is, his buddies hate his guts.

Everytime they go on patrol, he gets to stay behind b/c his balls keep clanking together when he walks.

:salute:

The word on the street is 2 British Soldiers have to carry each of his balls in a wheelbarrow when they go on patrol. :thup: :salute:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Sun Tzu