Would you vote for this man for President of the USA?

If I were to say that the OP was really Obama, how many of you would still vote for the guy?

I get the impression that facts do not sway and the deciding factor is closer to tribalism. Not for all but a few.

If you were to say that, that would make you a liar.

Paul Volcker induced the runaway inflation on purpose to mount a significant recovery.

Actually, he did the opposite. He raised the federal funds rate to 20 percent in order to lower inflation, which is what brought about the economic recovery.

This was when the floating interest rate was born. A humongous boon to what was until then a vapid bond industry.

Paul Volcker induced the runaway inflation on purpose to mount a significant recovery.

Actually, he did the opposite. He raised the federal funds rate to 20 percent in order to lower inflation, which is what brought about the economic recovery.

This was when the floating interest rate was born. A humongous boon to what was until then a vapid bond industry.

True, but Reagan did not renominate Volker for the fed because, to Volker's credit, Reagan doubted him on deregulating financial markets.

Lovely, 1.5 million of those were governmental jobs. I would hope he could create some jobs by tripling the debt and spending like a drunken sailor.

I would hope you actually take some time to read up on how our government works before continuing to run your mouth like an idiot because you clearly have no clue who writes the federal budget and allocates the spending.

President Carter created more jobs than President Reagan did in their respective first terms.

Neither Carter nor Reagan created any jobs. The private sector created jobs influenced by the policies of their administrations. It's also no surprise that less jobs would have been gained during Reagan's first term being that he took over during an economic downturn.

The federal funds rate is the interest rate he raised. He induced inflation then whipsawed a cutback in the rate to spur the recovery. If I recall, that inflationary interest rate played havoc with existing variable floating interest rates in various financial instruments.

Last edited:
Lovely, 1.5 million of those were governmental jobs. I would hope he could create some jobs by tripling the debt and spending like a drunken sailor.

I would hope you actually take some time to read up on how our government works before continuing to run your mouth like an idiot because you clearly have no clue who writes the federal budget and allocates the spending.

President Carter created more jobs than President Reagan did in their respective first terms.

Neither Carter nor Reagan created any jobs. The private sector created jobs influenced by the policies of their administrations. It's also no surprise that less jobs would have been gained during Reagan's first term being that he took over during an economic downturn.
The government creates all sorts of jobs. I'm sorry, the federal government creates all sorts of jobs. Being monetarily sovereign, the federal government does not depend on tax revenue for funding. It can pay all of its bills tomorrow and not miss a beat.

Now don't you feel a little foolish?

Would you vote for this man for President of the USA, in theory of course?

His record as a two term president?

Taxes:
He raised taxes 7 times out of 8 years in office. Some accounts say he raised taxes 12 times.
He signed the largest tax increase in American history to date.
He raised payroll taxes to prefund and save Social Security.

Foreign policy:
Against the advice of his own Cabinet, he ordered the Marines be housed in a base outside of a Beirut airport. A truck bomb plowed into the building killing 241 American soldiers.

But for the democratic congress putting country first to avoid the horrors of another impeachment trial, this man committed treason with Iran. In his own words:

"A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

That came after he told the country this lie:

"In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages nor will we."

Would you cast a vote for this man to become President of the United States?
Your so-called facts are cherry picked and misrepresented. Not surprising.

But yes, I did and would again, vote for Ronald Reagan. He was and IS My CinC.

We only have a CinC during wartime. Also a corpse can't be a Cinc, although reagan's eight years of napping while his criminal cabinet ran amuck qualified him as a corpse sorta. Check out the dim one's administration full of felons.

Reagan's was the most corrupt administration in the lifetime of most Americans

The government creates all sorts of jobs. I'm sorry, the federal government creates all sorts of jobs. Being monetarily sovereign, the federal government does not depend on tax revenue for funding. It can pay all of its bills tomorrow and not miss a beat.

Are you saying that the fed can just wave its wand and make 17 trillion go away without repercussions and total collapse?

:cuckoo:
what hole this idiot comes from?

we have many varietes here, but none have yet claimed that the government is monetary sovereign and does not depend on tax revenue for funding.

Now, that must be the newest chapter in the leftards playbook propaganda manual

We only have a CinC during wartime. Also a corpse can't be a Cinc, although reagan's eight years of napping while his criminal cabinet ran amuck qualified him as a corpse sorta. Check out the dim one's administration full of felons.

]

do all the ignorant leftards have problems with the words of foreign origin?

it is spelled AMOK. sometimes amuk, but never amuck :lol:

do you even know the meaning of it? doubt it :rolleyes:

Are you saying that the fed can just wave its wand and make 17 trillion go away without repercussions and total collapse?
The federal gov., being monetarily sovereign and off the gold standard, is bound only by concerns of inflation for spending. The dollar gets its value not from gold (since '71) but from the full faith and credit of the US itself. I'm saying the government creates dollars by spending and destroys them by taxing. The US fed. gov. does not have to borrow a penny to pay its bills. The debt ceiling is a vestige of the days gone by. It's pure Kabuki theater designed to rope in the rubes thinking the US is on the brink of bankruptcy.

Damn straight Ronald Regan was awesome

yep :thup:

Yep, he's raised taxes 7 times more than Obama. He signed the largest tax increase in history. He lied to the country in Iran / Contra (and likely cut a deal with Iranian terrorists for the October surprise) and his military call left over 240 marines dead.

But Obama wants healthcare for poor people. He's gotta go. (Obamacare is a republican plan no less).

I don't think you rightwingers know what you want anymore. You're nihilists.

Last edited:

:cuckoo:
what hole this idiot comes from?

we have many varietes here, but none have yet claimed that the government is monetary sovereign and does not depend on tax revenue for funding.

Now, that must be the newest chapter in the leftards playbook propaganda manual
I try to be nice to my ideological opponents. And a few of you guys are ok. But most are pricks like this loser.

You can't even spell 'monetarily sovereign' let alone understand the topic.

But you sure are swell at name calling. Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllll goooooooood.

Typical rightwinger. Fish in a barrel.

Umm, Ronnie Reagan made taxes seem like a good idea. He was the greatest. Too bad about the jihad attack on the Marines. Wouldn't you think Bill Clinton would have been aware of the jihad menace after Beirut?

Yet the overall tax burden was lessened, even with having tax raises pushed forward by the DEM congress... but the little lefties trying to trick people harp on the tidbit that there were' seven raises'...

Idiots
Well, well, well Mr. Helper. Why don't you explain to the board what Reagan did for the National Debt. Didn't he almost triple the deficit and national debt?

Does 'borrow and spend' ring a bell? Plus he prefunded Soc. Sec. only to know with absolute certainty that his spending would plunder the trust fund.

Read much? The democrat congress overspent after lying and saying they would not! They lied just like you!

Reagan made tax cuts also. The democrat congress lied, and overspent(sound familiar?).

Any misrepresentations he made were for national security, and they absolutely pale in comparison to the lies of the scumbucket we have in office now!

Yeah, it's not like Reagan had any veto power.

Unlike Obama, Reagan compromised for the good of the country. The Ds forced him to. Reagan was known to take a partial victory rather than severely damage our economy.

Forum List

Back