Would you vote for an atheist

Would you vote for an atheist for president of the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • MountainMan is an idiot for asking this question

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For every one MountainMan, there are 10 Lakotas and 10 Richard Hs.

That 20:1 odds against getting a reasonable Mountain Man.

Last edited:
Everybody that runs for president is 'expected' to proclaim their religious affiliation.

Would you vote for an atheist for president of the USA?
Why or why not?

Are You Running? :D

I could vote for an Atheist.

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Picture17.jpg

It wasn't until the latter half of the 20th century that President's started ending speeches with "God bless America". How was the country able to survive so long w/o it :rolleyes:

I would not. Atheists have a goal of making atheism the law of the land.

Atheist don't go door to door with little pamphlets. They don't trick sick old ladies out of their retirement. They don't do "miracle cures" on Sunday morning TV. They don't speak in "tongues". They don't cast magical spells to protect people from witchcraft. They don't claim to speak for Gawd. They don't hate the gays.

In fact, religion is totally ignored by atheists until right wingers throw it in their faces.

I would not. Atheists have a goal of making atheism the law of the land.

Atheist don't go door to door with little pamphlets. They don't trick sick old ladies out of their retirement. They don't do "miracle cures" on Sunday morning TV. They don't speak in "tongues". They don't cast magical spells to protect people from witchcraft. They don't claim to speak for Gawd. They don't hate the gays.

In fact, religion is totally ignored by atheists until right wingers throw it in their faces.

:bsflag:

I never said it did.

Yet you feel free to ridicule my religion. Why?

Really? What is your religion? I suspect it's based on ONE book written thousands of years ago by many ancient superstitious goat/sheep herders who were banging their flocks and relatives. Am I close...?

I have big problems with the way you describe it, but yes, I am Christian. You didn't answer my question.
What justifies your ridicule of my faith? I may not see any logic in your religion or your life style, but I do not ridicule them. Please show my the same courtesy.
Answer me or apologize, or you can expect to find yourself at the top of my shit list. You and I rarely agree, Sky, but I have tried to understand and offer some pretty blunt advice when you've been troubled. I had considered you compassionate and tolerant, even a friend, but your ridicule of my beliefs is inexcusable.
EDIT
Sorry Sky. Different idiot
So Lakhota. Justify or apologize.

Last edited:

It's not a thread, it's the Religion and Ethics Forum of USMB.

Go count the threads of athiests attacking religion...then count the threads of the religious attacking atheists for being atheist.

I'll wait.

I avoid that subforum. Same w/ Israel Palestine. I only post a newslink there when something newsworthy appears and to :poke: the trolls :D You can argue all day down there and get nowhere.

Have you ever read David Hume? (1711-76)? Did he come up in that thread?

It's not a thread, it's the Religion and Ethics Forum of USMB.

Go count the threads of athiests attacking religion...then count the threads of the religious attacking atheists for being atheist.

I'll wait.

should we start linking to forums about people attacking atheists?

Thats true. Reminds me of the righteous indignation of fox News (owned by a Aussie) during the Great Lapel-Pin Controversy :lol:

Forum List

Back