Would you vote for an atheist

Would you vote for an atheist for president of the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • MountainMan is an idiot for asking this question

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are You Running? :D

I could vote for an Atheist.

I think I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Picture17.jpg

dude clean up

WTF? Clean up? What ever are you referring to?

Yet you feel free to ridicule my religion. Why?

Really? What is your religion? I suspect it's based on ONE book written thousands of years ago by many ancient superstitious goat/sheep herders who were banging their flocks and relatives. Am I close...?

I have big problems with the way you describe it, but yes, I am Christian. You didn't answer my question.
What justifies your ridicule of my faith? I may not see any logic in your religion or your life style, but I do not ridicule them. Please show my the same courtesy.
Answer me or apologize, or you can expect to find yourself at the top of my shit list. You and I rarely agree, Sky, but I have tried to understand and offer some pretty blunt advice when you've been troubled. I had considered you compassionate and tolerant, even a friend, but your ridicule of my beliefs is inexcusable.

I know many honorable true Christians, and I never ridicule their faith. In fact, I live with a devout Christian and I totally respect her faith. She practices her faith quietly and never tries to inject her beliefs upon others or into politics.

Here's where I have problems with any religion: When religious zealots try to influence politics and the way I live! Other than that, I have no problems with what anyone believes. Sadly, the religious right has pretty much hijacked the Republican Party.

Taking Over the Republican Party

I have tried to answer your question. BTW, I couldn't care less about being at the top of your shit list. And don't bother trying to shame me - it doesn't work.

Really? What is your religion? I suspect it's based on ONE book written thousands of years ago by many ancient superstitious goat/sheep herders who were banging their flocks and relatives. Am I close...?

I have big problems with the way you describe it, but yes, I am Christian. You didn't answer my question.
What justifies your ridicule of my faith? I may not see any logic in your religion or your life style, but I do not ridicule them. Please show my the same courtesy.
Answer me or apologize, or you can expect to find yourself at the top of my shit list. You and I rarely agree, Sky, but I have tried to understand and offer some pretty blunt advice when you've been troubled. I had considered you compassionate and tolerant, even a friend, but your ridicule of my beliefs is inexcusable.

I know many honorable true Christians, and I never ridicule their faith. In fact, I live with a devout Christian and I totally respect her faith. She practices her faith quietly and never tries to inject her beliefs upon others or into politics.

Here's where I have problems with any religion: When religious zealots try to influence politics and the way I live! Other than that, I have no problems with what anyone believes. Sadly, the religious right has pretty much hijacked the Republican Party.

I have tried to answer your question. BTW, I couldn't care less about being at the top of your shit list. And don't bother trying to shame me - it doesn't work.

Christians are allowed to have beliefs, just don't act on them. :rolleyes:

Christians are allowed to have beliefs, just don't act on them.
Regarding separation of church and state - that is correct.

What do you mean, if I have a belief that is influenced by my religion, that is a separation issue?

I think not.

Illustrate what Christian political beliefs you consider as violating the separation of Church/State.

I'll give you prayer in school.

The "religious right" has alligned themselves with the GOP, but they have no where near "high jacked" it anymore than homosexuals have high jacked the Democrat Party.

No. You haven't tried to answer my question. You ridiculed my religion. You owe me an apology or at least a rational justification.

Not believing in bunk is certainly a plus but it would depend on what else the individual stood for. He or she would have to have a hell of a good platform to overcome the flack for declaring that in his or her opinion "there is no god". I'm a practical voter. When it comes down to it I vote for the individual that will probably do the least harm as POTUS. That is the main reason I voted for Obama.. I couldn't risk Palin getting that close to the Oval Office.

The "religious right" has alligned themselves with the GOP, but they have no where near "high jacked" it anymore than homosexuals have high jacked the Democrat Party.

No. You haven't tried to answer my question. You ridiculed my religion. You owe me an apology or at least a rational justification.

You're not a true Christian. If you were, you would shut up and not occupy yourself with that spreading the good news business. Therefore, ridicule is warranted. You should listen to Lakhota, as an atheist, he/she/it know best what a true Christian should act like.

I would not. Atheists have a goal of making atheism the law of the land.

Atheist don't go door to door with little pamphlets. They don't trick sick old ladies out of their retirement. They don't do "miracle cures" on Sunday morning TV. They don't speak in "tongues". They don't cast magical spells to protect people from witchcraft. They don't claim to speak for Gawd. They don't hate the gays.

In fact, religion is totally ignored by atheists until right wingers throw it in their faces.
Athiests sue Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Boys and Girls clubs, cities, states, churches, the government, and schools for anything and everything to try to get rules changed to allow them to proffer all atheistic views on everybody else in society. A lot of parents homeschool their children, as I would if I had small children at this particularly crazy time in American history due to atheists trying to stamp out our childrens' beliefs.

You're not a true Christian. If you were, you would shut up and not occupy yourself with that spreading the good news business. Therefore, ridicule is warranted. You should listen to Lakhota, as an atheist, he/she/it know best what a true Christian should act like.

None of the TRUE Christians I know run their mouths on message boards.

Muslims, and all other religions, are equal in the eyes of the U.S. Constitution! Even George Washington made that clear in the Treaty of Tripoli.

So you are the arbitor of "true" Christian belief. You should tell god he can take a smoke break.

Not believing in bunk is certainly a plus but it would depend on what else the individual stood for. He or she would have to have a hell of a good platform to overcome the flack for declaring that in his or her opinion "there is no god". I'm a practical voter. When it comes down to it I vote for the individual that will probably do the least harm as POTUS. That is the main reason I voted for Obama.. I couldn't risk Palin getting that close to the Oval Office.
Thank you for reminding me why I wouldn't vote for an atheist who considers belief in God as "bunk."

So you are the arbitor of "true" Christian belief. You should tell god he can take a smoke break.

What God? Which God? Whose God? There are thousands! I put my faith in Santa Claus - he delivers.

God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

If you read the Bible you will see many of God's people were warriors. Deal with it.

What God? Which God? Whose God? There are thousands! I put my faith in Santa Claus - he delivers.

God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs

But you are the arbitor of "true" Christian belief. So tell us, what do you base your judgements upon besides not posting on message boards? I didn't know that was in the bible.

Forum List

Back