Would you vote for a president who didn't believe in god?

would you?

• nope

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
That's not really true. Muslims and Jews deny the divinity of Christ, so they don't believe in the same God as Christians.

They all believe in God. This argument is silly.

OK to follow you guys and your train of thought:

Do you honestly think that the likes of Pat Robertson would make a better president than the godless Joseph Lieberman for example?

But not the SAME God.

Do you honestly think that the likes of Pat Robertson would make a better president than the godless Joseph Lieberman for example?

That's a silly comparison - Lieberman does believe in God; and shares MANY, not all, of Normal Christian values upon which so many of our laws are based.

OK to follow you guys and your train of thought:

It's not silly. It's distinguishing between the truth claims of different belief systems. Satan worshippers, pagans, Hindus, and deists all believe in some form of God, but you don't lump them all together, do you?

And if the only two candidates for President were Pat Robertson and Joe Lieberman, I'd write myself in.

But not the SAME God.

That's a silly comparison - Lieberman does believe in God; and shares MANY, not all, of Normal Christian values upon which so many of our laws are based.

I'm responding to the 5StringJeff quote you tossed at me. He said Jews do not believe in the same god as Christians. You're playing a shell game. Do Jews and Lieberman believe in God or not, you can't have it both ways.

And you still didn't say who would be a better president between Lieberman and Robertson.

Really? Osama Bin Laden believes in god and maybe someone like the Dalai Lama does not. Who would you rather have running things?

Well, neither, but that's beside the point.

Osama Bin Laden believes in his own twisted version of God, which to most of us is not a belief in God at all.

It's irrelevant. Someone who doesn't believe in gods can still lead and make good decisions.

Possibly, but in my experience people that don't have at least a basic belief fall short. There is some lack of moral restraint, among other faults that seem to be common. That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, but I have foudn it to be true with most.

???????????????
Believing in God and living a godly life are two different things.

Satan believes in God. But he does not live according to the way God instructs.

The man who prays and reflects the principles the Bible speaks of, that's the man of my choice.

You said you believe Allah exists, which I believe correlates that you acknolwedge he exists. Or am I reading too much into what you said?

Allah, the Muslim god, perhaps with characteristics of the pagan Arabian moon god (although I'm sure Muslims would protest this)... yes, I believe there is a spiritual being whose followers call him "Allah." But he is not the Creator God of the Universe, the One Who IS. "Allah" is a created being, deceiving people into worshipping him.

This is the way in which I "acknowledge" Allah.

This fucking God business, for fucks sake,
I AM GOD, DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU LIKE BUT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT.:beer:
Just get on with your lives regardless, you may die any second, just fucking enjoy it, you miserable bastards.:fu2:

Forum List

Back