What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you die for your religious beliefs?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my other thread, amrchaos brought up an interesting question: Would you die for your religious beliefs? I thought perhaps it would be appropriate to ask that in its own thread.

Along with the why.

NM Weatherman

l'enfer, c'est les autres
Reaction score
I am a non-denominational Christian, I do not care much for organized religion and do not belong to any congregation. I have a personal and private relationship with Yeshua, Messiah (I prefer Yeshua because that is what his contemporaries called Him in Aramaic). Also I do not care for televangelists or fundies. I do not believe in the "rapture," it is not mentioned at all in the NT.

When you start seeking Him, He will find you.

Guaranteed. Praise Yeshua.

eots

no fly list
Reaction score
In my other thread, amrchaos brought up an interesting question: Would you die for your religious beliefs? I thought perhaps it would be appropriate to ask that in its own thread.

Along with the why.

I WOULD FIGHT UNTIL MY ROCKING LAST

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAGasPLh30]YouTube - Kids In The Hall - Bobby versus Satan[/ame]

Againsheila

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would die for my family, I would die for my country, and yes, I would die for my religion.

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Reaction score
No. I'm no martyr.

I'd much rather make you die for my beliefs, honestly.

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question: How does one die for their religion? Give me a specific example (and not an extreme example, like if the right to religious freedom was repealed and you had to convert to state sponsored religion or be executed.)

Immanuel

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I would die for my faith, but I would have to be certain God was calling me to do so. None of this drinking kool-aid laced with cyanide because some happy go lucky preacher man said I should.

Immie

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Reaction score
Question: How does one die for their religion? Give me a specific example (and not an extreme example, like if the right to religious freedom was repealed and you had to convert to state sponsored religion or be executed.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo]YouTube - Heaven's Gate Cult Initiation Tape[/ame]

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Governments in the past have killed over religion. I will not deny my beliefs. Muslims will kill over beliefs, I will not convert just to stay alive. If a mob demanded I renounce my beliefs I would not.

NM Weatherman

l'enfer, c'est les autres
Reaction score

Yeshua died brutally for His religious beliefs. But it was more...He died for our sins, so that we would not have to die for them.

Many of the Founding Fathers, especially state governors, wanted state religions in their particular state. That was their mindset and they were Godly people. They wrote God into the Declaration of Independence and many formed churches. Jefferson (often cited) wrote thousands of letters yet only the ones he wrote questioning religion vs the state are harped on by non-believers and secularists and atheists these days.

Yet these Godly men had the great insight to prevent...via the Constitution...to prevent the Feds from declaring a "national religion." According to this God-inspired document, I am free to exercise my religious beliefs, and you are free to exercise yours (or not exercise any).
That's the long and short of it. Welcome to predominately (still) Judeo-Christian America.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
I think I would die for my non beliefs.
If I was forced into a religion and had no way out, like the example Xotoxi said, I would be executed for my non belief. I will never give in.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
i don't know....

it is hard to picture a situation where that would even come up?

but if you are talking, ''taking the number of the beast, 666'' or die... then i would choose to die.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would rather die for God than die for Owe Bama.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
I do have to say I would never kill for my beliefs. ;)

Againsheila

Gold Member
Reaction score
I do have to say I would never kill for my beliefs. ;)

I think I would...that is to say, If I believe someone is going to harm my children or someone in my family, I would have very little trouble killing them. Of course, I admire that Australian grandma that shot off the private parts of the men who had raped her grand daughter. Way to go Grandma.....I want to be like that.

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
I would kill for my son, if need be. And my family and friends.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List