Would you be happy to lose your interest in Politics?

Would you be happy to lose your interest in Politics?

• Very much so!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • A little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • NO!

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
dont-look-at-it-luca-paguro.gif

Most people here are Normies who have Political Issues Hobby. I am an Aspie. For me many issues are almost an addiction.

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Pericles (attributed)
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato (attributed)
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri (attributed)

To answer to OP, no. Whilst it would be nice to not be bothered and concerned with politics and focus on things you're more passionate about such as hobbies or work, reality doesn't allow that if you wish to maintain or garner greater freedoms.

I've taken breaks from politics. Or listening about it on the radio, at least.

I feel less stressed out.
On the radio I listen to the Dan Patrick Show starring Dan Patrick and the Danettes. I'd rather listen to his show over any political show and I don't really watch any sports anymore. I like it because I don't hear about politics, covid, or any irrelevant stressful news. My commute is much less stressful and enjoyable.

On the radio I listen to the Dan Patrick Show starring Dan Patrick and the Danettes. I'd rather listen to his show over any political show and I don't really watch any sports anymore. I like it because I don't hear about politics, covid, or any irrelevant stressful news. My commute is much less stressful and enjoyable.
Howard Stern is my radio of choice. Sometimes he gets political and to me he's spot on when it comes to politics. But I am glad most of the time it's fart, dick, pussy and ass jokes. Or live performances. Or someone cool stops by like Seinfeld or David Spade or a million other cool famous people. My favorite is the Wack Pack and his employees who are even weirder than the Wack Pack. Sal Guvernaly is hilarious. He's such an idiot. And his buddy Richard Christie. Those two make amazing prank phone calls.

I play guitar, walk my dog, go on my boat or go up north hunting. And I like to watch movies. Never the news or MSNBC/Fox. NEVER. I hate that shit. Don't want to know. I know enough. If something's going on, I'll hear about it here then go look it up to see what the MSM is saying about it.

It's hard to find the fun threads because most people here are talking POLITICS and I try to stay away.

I'm having fun with it now, but as a young man I was completely apolitical. I cast my first vote for Clinton, for his first run when I was in my 30s.

I've been interested in politics since I was a child. I use to and still do sit up late and watch both Party Conventions. 1964 was the first watching with my grandparents. I was 6 or 7 years old. And I was a news junkie at that age as well.

I've been interested in politics since I was a child. I use to and still do sit up late and watch both Party Conventions. 1964 was the first watching with my grandparents. I was 6 or 7 years old. And I was a news junkie at that age as well.
Its better when you believe that many of the people involved are on the up and up and are of honor and integrity. In a lower tax environment their indiscretions are not as bad in appearance to us all. Now it seems like a low class reality show.

Its better when you believe that many of the people involved are on the up and up and are of honor and integrity. In a lower tax environment their indiscretions are not as bad in appearance to us all. Now it seems like a low class reality show.
I agree. I hope one day to see it all reformed for the better.

It’s of no more importance to me than the rivalry between two baseball teams.

But it is entertaining.

We can't as a nation lose interest in politics when we have journalist reporting stories like this. Back in the 1970s people like me have always warned about Chinas intentions. Now it is coming to the surface and we all need to pay attention.

There should not be a single vote for yes. It's as simple as not getting involved or turning off the TV or stop reading political content.

Does anyone know how to exercise self control anymore? Just because USMB or Facebook or cNN exist does not mean you have to tune in.

There should not be a single vote for yes. It's as simple as not getting involved or turning off the TV or stop reading political content.

Does anyone know how to exercise self control anymore? Just because USMB or Facebook or cNN exist does not mean you have to tune in.
Sadly for many addicts, every new day starts with a resolution that they are quitting starting tomorrow.

Forum List

Back