CDZ Would You Actually Get Your Child Coal For Christmas?

Giving coal to the poor was actually a good thing, not a negative one. Don't know when it came to be a symbol for something 'bad', but handing out coal at Christmas was a tradition in many parts of the country in the past, like handing out turkeys are today. Politicians made it SOP.

NOOOOOOO. LOL

Hey, it would be enough to scare me straight. They'd invite me over to dinner, but I would have to pay for it myself and they would give a majority of my money to an illegal immigrant and cause an even bigger food inflation. *Shudders* :eek-52: (Lol in all honesty and seriousness I thought you were talking about corporal punishment or something. At the moment I'm not sure which situation of mine would be worse though. XD)

There are parts of the world, growing parts, where a child would cherish a gift of coal on a cold winter's night.

I was thinking something faintly similar when I saw the title. Coal is full of energy, and energy is valuable.

Your post made me think of a bit from the Christmas Carol Do You Hear What I Hear, that I always thought very odd…

A child, a child, shivers in the cold…
Let us bring Him silver and gold…
Let us bring him silver and gold.

A baby would have no appreciation for previous metals. It'd make much more sense to speak of bringing him warm blankets or other things that would make a young child comfortable. Yes, of course, there is considerable symbolism in the gifts described as having been brought to Jesus as a baby, but in the context of this verse, it seems to me that a baby shivering in the cold would value a nice wool blanket more than all the precious metals in the world.

Unless it was candy coal or my child was just plain evil then no. Even if I did, I probably would have "Santa" write them a letter and explain to them that they could earn their presents back if they started behaving better instead of not having them at all.

It wouldn’t matter. If Santa gave a kid coal then the grandmother would just buy then hundreds of dollars worth of presents. You can’t protect children fork materialism. They are screwed. Just give up and spend hundreds of more dollars than Santa Clause and grandma.

Unless it was candy coal or my child was just plain evil then no. Even if I did, I probably would have "Santa" write them a letter and explain to them that they could earn their presents back if they started behaving better instead of not having them at all.
Only if he were. a democRat

th

I'll take a load of wood if there's an option here...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Giving coal to the poor was actually a good thing, not a negative one. Don't know when it came to be a symbol for something 'bad', but handing out coal at Christmas was a tradition in many parts of the country in the past, like handing out turkeys are today. Politicians made it SOP.
:safetocomeoutff: well those solar cells ain't gonna keep 'em warm....~S~

Would I have got my two kids coal for Christmas? No. What retard would do that?

Yep I placed some in a daughters stocking, just large enough piece to get her attention. She got the point and turned out to become one hell of a mother and person. Proud of her.

Forum List

Back