Would someone please tell me these events never occurred?

umm...you did this thread already dude

only about 150 times, too.

:cuckoo:

YES and until you idiots accept HISTORY and quit falling for the MSM biased tripe and crap about GWB I'll continue!
What is the problem with admitting these events occurred?
What is the problem is admitting THESE EVENTS effected every American in many ways!
Tax revenue declined
Jobs were lost!
The economy as a whole would have been terrible affected if
A) Bush tax cuts hadn't been done.
B) the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act which only dummies like you seem to refer to as the prescription drug BUT
2 major aspects which ignorant people like you have HELPED Medicare and patients tremendously while cutting costs!
C) Then TARP came into affect in 2008 and you idiots BLAMED Bush...
Well explain to me how this happened because the cost to Bush's legacy i.e. supposedly nearly half a trillion in added deficit
paid back under Obama the total amount PLUS a $72B profit!
But idiots like you totally ignore these FACTS! Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

tarppaidback.png

The Gorelick memo happened but it did not create a barrier between intelligence agencies.

Where is your source? Because here is my link and source. Until you show me proof to the contrary you are just simply stating your opinion!

But the FBI was operating under the constraints of the 1995 policy cited by Freeh.

Ashcroft said he had declassified the memo that laid out the policy so the commission could review it, noting that its author was a member of the panel, a reference to Jamie Gorelick, who was deputy attorney general in the Clinton administration.

The memo detailed instructions that were designed to “more clearly separate the counterintelligence investigation from the more limited, but continued, criminal investigations” to allay concerns that intelligence information could be used in criminal prosecutions, according to a copy released late Tuesday afternoon by the Justice Department.
Ashcroft blames Clinton-era FBI, CIA
My source is the Jamie Gorelick memo.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/ag/legacy/2004/04/14/1995_gorelick_memo.pdf

NOT ONE MENTION of the CIA sharing of information with the FBI!

I read the entire memo and NOTHING about the CIA sharing with the FBI!
The disclosure that Jamie Gorelick, a member of the September 11 commission, was personally responsible for instituting a key obstacle to cooperation between law enforcement and intelligence operations before the terrorist attacks raises disturbing questions about the integrity of the commission itself.
Ms. Gorelick should not be cross-examining witnesses; instead, she should be required to testify about her own behavior under oath. Specifically, commission members need to ask her about a 1995 directive she wrote that made it more difficult for the FBI to locate two of the September 11 hijackers who had already entered the country by the summer of 2001.
Jamie Gorelick’s wall

So out of the thousands of forum members the ONLY ONLY refutation that the events never happened comes from a personal unsubstantiated and frankly very very dumb comment!

Until someone comes up with links to prove that under GWB these events occurred and that they had a direct and negative effect on the economy, any time I read idiots blaming Bush for the economy I simply choke those idiots up to being grossly uninformed.
These events occurred.
1) The dot.com bust happened and cost the economy, tax revenue, jobs etc. due to the $8 trillion in losses.
2) The recession that started under Clinton but officially began 3/1/01 had an effect on jobs, economy taxes.
3) 9/11 occurred which caused over $1 trillion in damages to NYC/Pentagon costing jobs, tax revenue 3,000 LIVES!
4) Worst hurricane seasons not just hurricanes but SEASONS from 2004 to 2008.. 2,215 lives, $1 trillion in damages,lost businesses tax revenue.
And in spite of the
5) 9/18/08 economic attack that caused the TARP expenditure of $620B all has been paid back PLUS a $70B profit.
If they had not done that, their estimation was that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed.
It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/119619-how-the-world-almost-came-to-an-end-on-september-18-2008
AGAIN any care to dispute the above events NEVER happened???

Bush and the GOP were to blame for the recessions at the start and end of his failed Presidency. Bush and the GOP were to blame for not stopping the attacks on 9/11. Bush and the GOP were to blame for the not only starting the Iraq War, but fighting it so ham-handedly. Bush and the GOP were to blame for the oafish, clodhopping response to Hurricane Katrina, and other post-disaster response failures. Bush and the GOP were to blame for gas prices over four dollars a gallon, and for the Great Recession that started in Bush's last year of his disastrous time in the White House. The voters fired the GOP from national office in 2006 and 2008 and the GOP deserved it.

Sadly, the GOP has learned nothing. In our future, more sloppy deficit spending on the already bloated military, more uninsured people suffering healthcare crises, more wars in the Middle East, which will lead to higher gas and another recession.

umm...you did this thread already dude

only about 150 times, too.

:cuckoo:

YES and until you idiots accept HISTORY and quit falling for the MSM biased tripe and crap about GWB I'll continue!
What is the problem with admitting these events occurred?
What is the problem is admitting THESE EVENTS effected every American in many ways!
Tax revenue declined
Jobs were lost!
The economy as a whole would have been terrible affected if
A) Bush tax cuts hadn't been done.
B) the 2003 Medicare Modernization Act which only dummies like you seem to refer to as the prescription drug BUT
2 major aspects which ignorant people like you have HELPED Medicare and patients tremendously while cutting costs!
C) Then TARP came into affect in 2008 and you idiots BLAMED Bush...
Well explain to me how this happened because the cost to Bush's legacy i.e. supposedly nearly half a trillion in added deficit
paid back under Obama the total amount PLUS a $72B profit!
But idiots like you totally ignore these FACTS! Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica

View attachment 100074
its not your job you busy body

plus youre terrible at math, and overall analytics. your understanding doesnt ever breach past "basic," what makes you think youre teaching anybody anything??

get over yourself.

the they they they them they them they they....crap? its..........just you.

President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted.
Riddle me this!

Given Bush had both houses of Congress under Republican control during the entire 108th and 109th Congress, a total of four years between Jan 2003 and Dec 2006, why couldn't he get legislation passed to make the reforms needed in the GSE's? The wind was totally in his favor!

ANSWER: The Republican led House and Senate rebuffed the notion because they wanted their political contribution stream to remain flowing full and were helped by the Democratic minority leadership to retain their own share of contribution largess! For background glance over this documentation;
Setting the Record Straight: Six Years of Unheeded Warnings for GSE Reform
So it wasn't GWB fault! Which is it???
To try and pin any fault for any of those issues you brought up is a fool's errand. To try and pin it on a SINGLE SOURCE makes no sense! It takers a village to fuck up big time!

So no, it wasn't JUST Bush's fault because he had help fucking things up! Can we say Cheney and the Neocons? Can we say Congress? Can we say a gullible, biased electorate, just like everything else that comes down the pike!

Shit happens sometimes when best intentions meets Karma! Taking a finger out of the dike to point it in blame can lead to an eventual flood, metaphorically speaking!

NOT ONE MENTION of the CIA sharing of information with the FBI!

I read the entire memo and NOTHING about the CIA sharing with the FBI!
Yes, I know. That is my point. The Gorelick memo did not create a wall between intelligence agencies. Yet, you still insist in your OP that it did.

President Bush publicly called for GSE reform at least 17 times in 2008 alone before Congress acted.
Riddle me this!

Given Bush had both houses of Congress under Republican control during the entire 108th and 109th Congress, a total of four years between Jan 2003 and Dec 2006, why couldn't he get legislation passed to make the reforms needed in the GSE's? The wind was totally in his favor!

ANSWER: The Republican led House and Senate rebuffed the notion because they wanted their political contribution stream to remain flowing full and were helped by the Democratic minority leadership to retain their own share of contribution largess! For background glance over this documentation;
I would add that the GSEs played only a small role in the housing debacle as the vast majority of the subprime loans were in the private sector.

Again where is your proof?

The percentage of lower-quality subprime mortgages originated during a given year rose from the historical 8% or lower range to approximately 20% from 2004 to 2006, with much higher ratios in some parts of the U.S.[6][7]
A high percentage of these subprime mortgages, over 80% in 2006 for example, were adjustable-rate mortgages.[4]
These two changes were part of a broader trend of lowered lending standards and higher-risk mortgage products.[4][8] Further, U.S. households had become increasingly indebted, with the ratio of debt to disposable personal income rising from 77% in 1990 to 127% at the end of 2007, much of this increase mortgage-related.[9]
Subprime mortgage crisis - Wikipedia

Riddle me this!

I would add that the GSEs played only a small role in the housing debacle as the vast majority of the subprime loans were in the private sector.

Again where is your proof?

The percentage of lower-quality subprime mortgages originated during a given year rose from the historical 8% or lower range to approximately 20% from 2004 to 2006, with much higher ratios in some parts of the U.S.[6][7]
A high percentage of these subprime mortgages, over 80% in 2006 for example, were adjustable-rate mortgages.[4]
These two changes were part of a broader trend of lowered lending standards and higher-risk mortgage products.[4][8] Further, U.S. households had become increasingly indebted, with the ratio of debt to disposable personal income rising from 77% in 1990 to 127% at the end of 2007, much of this increase mortgage-related.[9]
Subprime mortgage crisis - Wikipedia
The Subprime 25

The roots of the financial crisis: Who is to blame?

Private sector loans, not Fannie or Freddie, triggered crisis

Lest We Forget: Why We Had A Financial Crisis
It is clear to anyone who has studied the financial crisis of 2008 that the private sector’s drive for short-term profit was behind it. More than 84 percent of the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending. These private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year. Out of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006, only one was subject to the usual mortgage laws and regulations. The nonbank underwriters made more than 12 million subprime mortgages with a value of nearly $2 trillion. The lenders who made these were exempt from federal regulations.

Forum List

Back