Would someone please explain what the problem is?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I keep running across the following figures and have had yet a refutation of the calculations.
Maybe someone on this forum can explain the following?
Co2_vs_trees060621.png

Co2 is the "green" gas. It's like plant food and it makes the Earth greener because it promotes plant growth and biodiversity.

I saw those but still don't understand why there is a problem if 3.04 trillion trees absorb all Co2 plus another 10 billion tons. You haven't explained that anomaly.

I keep running across the following figures and have had yet a refutation of the calculations.
View attachment 497928
Question, is the number of Trees on the planet getting smaller or larger?
Question #2, is the volume of CO2 emissions getting smaller or larger?
Question #3, why are you ignoring the major role in the carbon cycle that plankton plays?

View attachment 497928
Question #3, why are you ignoring the major role in the carbon cycle that plankton plays?
I am not answering any of the above questions because they are not relevant.
Stick to the facts.
3.04 trillion trees absorb 53.2 billion tons of Co2.
43.1 billion tons of Co2 emitted per year.
leaving 10.1 billion tons of absorption capacity.
Explain that.

This simple math issue is perfect example of how the MSM totally blows out of proportion their inaccurate reporting!
Remember a few years ago all the angst over plastic straws?
Plastic straw banning based on a 9 year old kid's calling straw makers and asking how many straws they made...not how many straws consumed! Yet the MSM took this 9 year old's phone calls and turned the approach to CONSUMED! Which was totally wrong.
Strawsnotvalid.jpg

View attachment 497928
Stick to the facts.
Explain that.
By “not relevant” do you mean to say “inconvenient to your argument”?

One might suspect that you have predetermined conclusion based less on the available evidence and more on feeding confirmation bias.

View attachment 497928
Stick to the facts.
Explain that.
By “not relevant” do you mean to say “inconvenient to your argument”?

One might suspect that you have predetermined conclusion based less on the available evidence and more on feeding confirmation bias.
I am asking a simple math question!
Plus if you note the experts say the trees absorb 48 lbs but I used 35 lbs to be conservative!
Explain how when you multiply 35 lbs per tree x 3.04 trillion trees.
These trees absorb all the Co2 and could absorb another 10.1 billion tons.
Please just explain that simple math.
Who is wrong? I'm not making these statements. I unlike you provide sources, links. Check them out!

With all of this knowledge why is there a million abortions a year and massive expenses on sexual diseases. We can cure the sexual things more easily.

I saw those but still don't understand why there is a problem if 3.04 trillion trees absorb all Co2 plus another 10 billion tons. You haven't explained that anomaly.
Trees are not the only system that absorbs CO2, 3.04T trees are NOT all identical, that is a crude estimate at best.
Ocean algae also absorbs CO2.
The carbon ecosystem is much more complex than just a crude estimate for trees.
What is accurate is the accumulation of CO2 over time due to human activity.
The simple answer is your 10b Tons is wrong.

Last edited:
I don't even have to look up exact figures, I just do the math very roughly... but...

The world's population exploded from around 1 billion in 1900 to 6 to 7 billion today... in 1900, there were hardly any cars, hardly any fossil fuels were burnt, plastics were not yet invented and the amount of untouched woods was grotesquely larger than it is today.

How can anybody in his right mind say with a straight face that he is perfectly sure that such a huge explosion of human doing on this planet will have no grave consequences on the health of nature?

Silence! No one seems to correct the math? No one seems to correct the links? Why?
Yet we have all this "climate change" angst much centered around Co2 emissions. Why?
We have trillions of dollars going to be spent on 500,000+ charging stations according to Biden!
Biden proposed spending $174 billion to promote EVs and install 500,000 charging stations across the U.S. as part of a sweeping infrastructure announcement. Broadly, Biden wants Congress to approve $2 trillion to re-engineer America’s infrastructure and expects the nation’s corporations to pay for it.
Installing an electric car charging station costs $750 to $2,600 on average for a Level 2 charger
$1.3 billion just to buy and install 500,000.
So this means if you have an EV plan to spend charging the battery to 80 percent in 30 minutes.”
"How Long Does it Take to Charge an Electric Vehicle?
And you'll go 244 miles per battery charge.
That is if you find a Biden charging station!

View attachment 497928
The number of trees on the planet is actually getting larger.

Silence! No one seems to correct the math? No one seems to correct the links? Why?
Yet we have all this "climate change" angst much centered around Co2 emissions. Why?
We have trillions of dollars going to be spent on 500,000+ charging stations according to Biden!
Biden proposed spending $174 billion to promote EVs and install 500,000 charging stations across the U.S. as part of a sweeping infrastructure announcement. Broadly, Biden wants Congress to approve $2 trillion to re-engineer America’s infrastructure and expects the nation’s corporations to pay for it.
Installing an electric car charging station costs $750 to $2,600 on average for a Level 2 charger
$1.3 billion just to buy and install 500,000.
So this means if you have an EV plan to spend charging the battery to 80 percent in 30 minutes.”
"How Long Does it Take to Charge an Electric Vehicle?
And you'll go 244 miles per battery charge.
That is if you find a Biden charging station!
The old "GiGo" seems to apply here. Garbage numbers in, garbage numbers out. QED.

View attachment 497928
Stick to the facts.
Explain that.

You might want to recheck some things. :lol:

Sure, if every tree on the planet absorbs the maximum amount of CO2 possible for any sort of tree per year, and if the number of trees and the amount of CO2 emission remains static, and if that given amount of CO2 emission is accurate for all sources, and if you ignore any other sorts of CO2 absorption, or any other factors involved...you might have a point. :laugh:

View attachment 497928

The problem is: How much trees do you own on your own which compensate how many of the CO2 which you are producing personally? You support all people who like to do nothing to fight the extremely dangerous current man made climate change.

Explain that.
You should quote the whole thing.

In 2019, about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere.

The earth produces CO2 naturally as well. I don't know what the answer is... I do know that your equation is missing some variables.

Forum List

Back