CDZ Would Police Dogs be an effective means to neutralize school shooters?

How about armed, miniature drones that, during an emergency, can be activated to fly in a school and which can actually fire upon a shooter by a police operator?

That's about as likely to happen and having a trained K-9 in each and every school.

We're not ready for it yet but, in the future, LE will use armed drones to go in and take out bad guys. LE in Dallas used a robot to take out the guy that shot all those cops.

How about armed, miniature drones that, during an emergency, can be activated to fly in a school and which can actually fire upon a shooter by a police operator?

That's about as likely to happen and having a trained K-9 in each and every school.

We're not ready for it yet but, in the future, LE will use armed drones to go in and take out bad guys. LE in Dallas used a robot to take out the guy that shot all those cops.

Yeah, I'll hold my breath while waiting. :D

Yeah, I'll hold my breath while waiting. :D

One day drones will be delivering our pizzas and everything else. At least we won't have to tip delivery drivers any more. I guess that's progress.

Given that most of the shooting in a school attack happens without warning and is over within a few minutes, rapid response is essential. Would a Police Dog under the control of a patrolling officer be effective against a shooter? I believe it would. The dog could also be outfitted with a bullet proof vest to increase it's chances of surviving. What do you think?

Make it a police dog trained in the detection of gunpowder, and trained to chew your leg off when found.

Given that most of the shooting in a school attack happens without warning and is over within a few minutes, rapid response is essential. Would a Police Dog under the control of a patrolling officer be effective against a shooter? I believe it would. The dog could also be outfitted with a bullet proof vest to increase it's chances of surviving. What do you think?

Make it a police dog trained in the detection of gunpowder, and trained to chew your leg off when found.

Why don't we just train them to smell insanity and they'll home in on the shooter right away?

Of that's right! There are too many liberals in schools according to conservatives. The dog would be so confused they would curl up in a corner somewhere.

As I've posted before there is no silver bullet solution to the school shooter problem. It will be like fighting cancer, taking a 'cocktail' of deterrents that all together reduce the threat. Maybe trained dogs and drones will be part of that cocktail, maybe not. The point of a debate thread is to discuss pros and cons not just say "Oh that won't happen because I said so".

As I've posted before there is no silver bullet solution to the school shooter problem. It will be like fighting cancer, taking a 'cocktail' of deterrents that all together reduce the threat. Maybe trained dogs and drones will be part of that cocktail, maybe not. The point of a debate thread is to discuss pros and cons not just say "Oh that won't happen because I said so".

Let the teachers carry or have access to weapons in the classroom. Problem solved.

No more discussion needed.

I like the idea of mini drones. I imagine a "swarm of bees" zeroing in on a shooter and at least distracting him to the point that someone could take him down.

I like the idea of mini drones. I imagine a "swarm of bees" zeroing in on a shooter and at least distracting him to the point that someone could take him down.

Here's what I have in mind.

da62dbbc4eee580fa98fac8b055dd142.gif

You watch too much TV!

Here's what I have in mind.

da62dbbc4eee580fa98fac8b055dd142.gif
LoL. I'm pretty sure that would not qualify as a drone.

Only if the dog is outfitted with the most protective and 100% bulletproof vest (also is very important bulletproof protection for the head of the dog) ONLY in that case.

Dogs are not a comodity to do with them as people like. They have a life they love life as much as you and I.

Dogs definitely can be effective. I don’t see it being done on a large scale because there are simply to many schools and not enough dogs/trainers.

As long as dogs are protected fully

If they are not protected,,,then NO

What works will never become common practice. A vicious dog would scare the hell out of would-be attackers but also scare children or harm unruly students. Teachers with guns would be a threat to Swat teams. I suggest a fence topped with razor wire. Metal detection equipment. Security similar to airports with TSA officials at every entrance/exit. 99. 99% of the problem solved.

With the technology today why do we have schools?

Why not be creative and cutting edge and build the infrastructure so that kids can be taught from home instead?

Public Schools are pointless in today time and the money wasted on teachers, classrooms and books could be used to advance society and have it where kids work off IPads from home...

Oh well the Teachers Union would never go for this and many Conservatives would most likely not go for it either...

So here is my other idea and make a moat, load it with something deadly and one way in and out...
Yes.....let's just serve our children up for the next attack without doing anything.

Let the teachers carry or have access to weapons in the classroom. Problem solved.

No more discussion needed.
Problem not solved. What happens when the teachers decide they don't want to confront someone cutting loose with an AR-15? You know kind of like what just happened with trained police officers?

Forum List

Back