.....Would pardons be warranted?....

As you have been told, there was plenty of evidence for that, but they chose not to make any determinations because it was against policy for that agency to charge a sitting resident. Barr lied. I could give a simple definition of a woman, but it would not be precise enough to be used in all situations, like a Supreme Court justice would be required to do.
There is no Russian Collusion and never was. Hillary Clinton, Obama, and Biden created all of that and paid Putin to help them.

And what of those who've been kept in cells since January of February of 2021? I don't care if they walked away with no fine at all, he should still clear their name and record.
They pleaded guilty in most cases or were convicted...

Why are you soft on crime...

Police were assaulted...

Sorry but Trump's actions leading up to the incident if not criminal were highly irresponsible and not fit of an office holder..

You're making total nonsense, keep drinking the Kool-Aid.
Now I feel like Johnny Carson when he used to explain his jokes.
Repugs claimed it was ANTIFA and BLM that attacked the Capital. My comment was meant to be ( but obviously wasn’t) a funny. Carry on.

Pretty much the same as Bill Clinton pardoning Ayers. I am probably strange, but if a jury of a criminal's peers find them guilty beyond the shadow of a doubt, I see no reason for it to ever be revisited, unless there is new evidence that proves them innocent. Just like the guys Donny pardoned were and are guilty as sin, some even self-confessed. Justice is not supposed to be about who you know and who you blow. That is where presidents and governors often screw up the scales of justice.
IT was never meant for a Governors or Presidential pardon to use them in cases where they are directly connected... It is a abuse of power no matter who did it..

Clinton should have answered questions on Marc Rich but then they Pardon got real abuse by Bush jr. when he commuted the sentence of Scooter Libby..

Trump then went full pull the piss... He dangled pardons to subvert the course of justice... It was a flagrant abuse of justice, it was obstruction of justice and if he had a independent AG he should have explained it to him and that the AG is sworn to up hold the law not be his lacky..

The only voter fraud on January 6th, 2021 were unsubstantiated claims of fraud. So on January 6th, 2025, the Democratic candidate claims fraud denied him his rightful victory and then Harris rejects enough Trump electors to make the Democrat the winner.
So how does Trump stand a chance at winning the 2024 election?
Harris would have to prove there was voter fraud.

Harris would have to prove there was voter fraud.

Nope, no proof is necessary. Just crying fraud is all that's needed. Trump set the precedent. Without a shred of proof of election fraud, he said the VP can unilaterally reject electors. Pence didn't have the courage to do it. Harris will. So who knows how you think Trump can win the next election?

Nope, no proof is necessary. Just crying fraud is all that's needed. Trump set the precedent. Without a shred of proof of election fraud, he said the VP can unilaterally reject electors. Pence didn't have the courage to do it. Harris will. So who knows how you think Trump can win the next election?
Not going to happen. The supreme Court would rule its unconstitutional.

It was over 750

And most just got a fine, community service and parole.

One $500 fine was to offset the $1.5 million dollars damage done to the Capitol.
Guess you decide if going into a building the place We do the viewable part of the business of government, and agree that the trashing of, stealing from, and injury to those we hire to protect the place is ok????

"Trump suggests that if he is reelected, he will pardon Jan. 6 Capitol rioters"

CONROE, Texas — Former president Donald Trump suggested Saturday night he will pardon the rioters charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol if he is elected president in 2024.

Trump, who has teased but not confirmed another run for president, has repeatedly criticized the prosecution of individuals who violently stormed the Capitol to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election as president. But his comments at a Texas rally on Saturday marked the first time he dangled pardons, an escalation of his broader effort to downplay the deadly events of Jan. 6.

Some of those involved in the riot held out hope for a Trump pardon before he left office 14 days later, but none were granted.

“If I run and I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly,” he said near the end of a lengthy campaign rally in Conroe, a city about 40 miles north of Houston. “We will treat them fairly, and if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly.”
-------------------------------------------------------------
The above was from this morning's Washington Post.
-------------------------------------------------------------

With so many already pleading guilty and now with some really serious scheibe coming down (11 charged with 'seditious conspiracy')...what's the thinking about pardons?
Is it a reality?
Is it just meat-to-the-base talk? A campaign dance-step?
Do any deserve pardons?
Trump COULD have pardoned them before he left office but he didn't. Wonder why?

Trump COULD have pardoned them before he left office but he didn't. Wonder why?
His lawyers probably told him that would be a definite sign that he provoked the whole situation and created the crime. He would be the ringleader then.

I don't think it's going to be an issue anyway, trump will either be dead, in prison or in an institution because his insanity finally got the better of him.

Forum List

Back