Would jesus ask for more taxes?

WOULD JESUS ASK FOR MORE TAXES?
I believe the Jesus I know would if more taxes was necessary.

FOXNEWS miss-speaking for Jesus . Jesus said pay whatever Caesar (Tax collector) ask for. And obey superior authorities. And Christians are law abiders. Does paying more taxes conflict with Jesus words? No. The present economy calls for more taxes.
Huckabee believes every American are church goers and should contribute to churches and they would take care of the poor better then unbiased government. Most money given to the church goes into the pockets of Ministers and we all know that. He takes from the poor and gives to himself. People distrust religion more than government. I do not trust my life to churches. Huckabee is assuming that all Americans are Christians and they are not. Other religions may believe in giving more than the 10% tithes.
In time of famine, people gave more. More taxes should be asked for when more revenue in needed for government to do the jobs they were set in place to do by GOD.
I am not a church goer, but when I need help the Mormons are always there and do not ask of my beliefs.
Jesus did not put churches in charge of taking care of the masses. He put government in charge. Rom13;1-7, 1 Cor16;2,3.
PS:
So he government is sending checks to dead people. Dead people do not cash checks. So what is the problem?

Excuse me? Where did Jesus say anything about paying all taxes that were demanded by the tax collector?

The comment about rendering unto Caesar was in response to a challenge about whether Jews should pay tribute to Caesar. The Pharisees knew that, whatever he answered, he would be in trouble. If he said they should not, the Romans would arrest him for sedition, if he said yes, they would be able to charge him with blasphemy for saying a man should receive tribute, which is reserved for God alone.

Jesus then asked them for a denari, and asked whose image was on it. Since it held an image of Caesar it was not actually acceptable for use in the Temple, and actually belonged to Caesar anyway. That made the question moot, and exposed the Pharisees as being manipulative in trying to get him to condemn himself.

It had nothing to do with taxes.

PS Someone is cashing the checks, and the mere act of printing them and sending them out is a waste of money.

Forum List

Back