Would Biden/Kerry care to advise fossil fuel replacement advocates how to handle this situation?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
snowed_solar_panels.png

For example, a 100 MW solar power plant requires 10% more in area than a thermal power plant of the same size.
Oh... and a thermal power plant doesn't stop generating electricity when it snows!

Adults who support wind & solar KNOW that there must be baseline power (either burning carbon or nuclear) to back it up. Period.

And while there are pie-in-the-sky plans to store electricity overnight when the sun don't shine, they are all scientifically nonsensical.

The Left's refusal to embrace clean, safe, efficient nuclear power proves the lie of their interest in saving the planet. They are basically all "watermelons" - green on the outside and red on the inside. It's all about control of peoples' lives.

Adults who support wind & solar KNOW that there must be baseline power (either burning carbon or nuclear) to back it up. Period.

And while there are pie-in-the-sky plans to store electricity overnight when the sun don't shine, they are all scientifically nonsensical.

The Left's refusal to embrace clean, safe, efficient nuclear power proves the lie of their interest in saving the planet. They are basically all "watermelons" - green on the outside and red on the inside. It's all about control of peoples' lives.
Nailed it....

Its all a control narrative. It has nothing to do with saving our planet and our planet was never in trouble to begin with... ITs all one big lie...

Are you suggestion that I can avoid public utilities with a personal nuclear plant? Explain.

For example, a 100 MW solar power plant requires 10% more in area than a thermal power plant of the same size.
Oh... and a thermal power plant doesn't stop generating electricity when it snows!
And?

This is the truth......

The left does not care about having enough energy for people.....

The left wing thinks that the world is over populated and that people are destroying the planet.....with those beliefs, why would anyone think they want more, cheap energy to allow more people to exist and expand across the planet.

We can point out all the flaws of solar, and wind, and they simply do not figure into the left wing asshat equations for energy.

They don't want more energy for more people....

They want fewer people and less energy.

That is why the two sides of the power equation will never see eye to eye....we want more and cheap energy to improve the lives of people....the left wants fewer people.......

Nailed it....

Its all a control narrative. It has nothing to do with saving our planet and our planet was never in trouble to begin with... ITs all one big lie...
[/QUOTE

This is the truth......

The left wing thinks that the world is over populated and that people are destroying the planet.....with those beliefs, why would anyone think they want more, cheap energy to allow more people to exist and expand across the planet.

We can point out all the flaws of solar, and wind, and they simply do not figure into the left wing asshat equations for energy.

That is why the two sides of the power equation will never see eye to eye....we want more and cheap energy to improve the lives of people....the left wants fewer people.......
You need to study impacts to the biosphere and quit blaming your problems on the boogeyman.

Nailed it....

[/QUOTE

This is the truth......

You need to study impacts to the biosphere and quit blaming your problems on the boogeyman.
No you need to provide PROOF for your statements. Where's your links? Specifically impacts to "biosphere"?

Humans have been impacting Earth for thousands of years, study says
But a new global study has pooled together evidence to show that humans significantly altered land, contributing to Earth’s transformation, as long as 10,000 years ago. Farming especially impacted the land by 3,000 years ago. The study published Thursday in the journal Science.

So reading the proof that you couldn't seem to come up with regarding" biosphere" impact, what do you suggest?
See I'm not against Solar panels, think they are a great idea. But the problem is "exaggeration". People tend to pay
attention to the exception and not the rule. And the rule is how we live day to day with "exceptions" happening occasionally.
As example... blowing out of proportion climate change. Weren't we suppose to have a "cold age" coming
by now...At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?
My point is look at the rule, not the exception or the blown out of proportion MSM presentations!
Case in point... since 2/7/20 I've tracked COVID from this web site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 109,254,439 Cases and 2,408,138 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
As of today look at the spreadsheet totals and tell me have you heard this from the biased MSM???
Where are those constant reminders of COVID by CNN on lower right hand of the screen?
Why didn't the MSM tell us 98% of cases survive!
Or in the last 15 days serious cases have decreased each day!
Or over 334 million tests in the USA!
Or 99% of cases are mild not requiring hospitalization!
FACTS kept from Americans by the BIASED LEFT wing MSM that donated 96% to Hillary, 90% to Biden/Democrats
and yet you people keep believing these garbage pits!
That is the major point here! Don't believe the rare exceptions highlighted by the MSM!
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 12.11.21 PM.png

Nailed it....

[/QUOTE

This is the truth......

No you need to provide PROOF for your statements. Where's your links? Specifically impacts to "biosphere"?

But a new global study has pooled together evidence to show that humans significantly altered land, contributing to Earth’s transformation, as long as 10,000 years ago. Farming especially impacted the land by 3,000 years ago. The study published Thursday in the journal Science.

So reading the proof that you couldn't seem to come up with regarding" biosphere" impact, what do you suggest?
See I'm not against Solar panels, think they are a great idea. But the problem is "exaggeration". People tend to pay
attention to the exception and not the rule. And the rule is how we live day to day with "exceptions" happening occasionally.
As example... blowing out of proportion climate change. Weren't we suppose to have a "cold age" coming
by now...At the same time as some scientists were suggesting we might be facing another ice age, a greater number published contradicting studies. What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?
My point is look at the rule, not the exception or the blown out of proportion MSM presentations!
Case in point... since 2/7/20 I've tracked COVID from this web site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 109,254,439 Cases and 2,408,138 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
As of today look at the spreadsheet totals and tell me have you heard this from the biased MSM???
Where are those constant reminders of COVID by CNN on lower right hand of the screen?
FACTS kept from Americans by the BIASED LEFT wing MSM that donated 96% to Hillary, 90% to Biden/Democrats
That is the major point here! Don't believe the rare exceptions highlighted by the MSM!
View attachment 457169
I appear to have touched a nerve.

First, I didn't ask you to prove anything. I ask you to consider impacts to the biosphere. I should have been more explicit. My thoughts were to a book entitled "Sapiens" which I read a few years back. In it the case was built as to how humankind (in a matter of less than a thousand years) has come to dominate (or hog) the biosphere. When I reference mankind, I mean not only our personal presence but that part of the biosphere occupied, consumed and soiled by us, our herds and crops.
Our domination is staggering, and it is foolish to ignore our ability to impact the planet... whether addressing consumption or the climate. Last time I looked most scientist do not fall on your side of the argument.

I don't know why you brought up Covid but when rolling for your life getting 50-1 is a bad gamble. But feel free, throw the dice. Good luck.

Nailed it....

[/QUOTE

This is the truth......

View attachment 457169
I appear to have touched a nerve.

First, I didn't ask you to prove anything. I ask you to consider impacts to the biosphere. I should have been more explicit. My thoughts were to a book entitled "Sapiens" which I read a few years back. In it the case was built as to how humankind (in a matter of less than a thousand years) has come to dominate (or hog) the biosphere. When I reference mankind, I mean not only our personal presence but that part of the biosphere occupied, consumed and soiled by us, our herds and crops.
Our domination is staggering, and it is foolish to ignore our ability to impact the planet... whether addressing consumption or the climate. Last time I looked most scientist do not fall on your side of the argument.

I don't know why you brought up Covid but when rolling for your life getting 50-1 is a bad gamble. But feel free, throw the dice. Good luck.
The reason of COVID was as I explained to you... the BIASED MSM takes the exceptions and blow them out of proportion i.e. COVID and ignore the rule... i.e. damage to the biosphere is an EXCEPTION!
Case in point: Tree growth.
Are There More Trees Today Than There Were 100 Years Ago?
The good news is that the answer is a resounding “TRUE”! According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), “Forest growth nationally has exceeded harvest since the 1940s”. Even though the usage of trees has increased almost 400% since 1920, through proper forest management we actually have an increase in tree growth.
MY point is you and other woe-is-us people don't seem to know the facts! Again... you and your ilk depend on the "exception" for MSM news regurgitation.

You guys in the cities are like Capitol City in the Hunger Games. You use the flyover country for your whims and ideas and screw the people living there. You better pay attention. It is getting more and more expensive to live in those blue areas and the taxes must rise and expand to pay for the programs and keep the citizens at bay.

Forum List

Back